Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran in the Red group and on Saturday in Sprint 1 all hell broke loose at the start just as had been expected. It was sad to see the carnage of some very nice 997 Cups and an RSR. The Sprint 1 race was only a total of maybe 6 laps due to the clean up required.

Sprint 2 on Saturday was a very good race with close racing throughout the pack. I guess lessons were learned in sprint 1.

I did not run the Pink enduro due to loosing a transaxle on Friday (I borrowed a Supercup box for Saturday) but it too was a clean race for all.

Peter I am sorry I missed meeting you, funny how I get wrapped up with things once at the track.

Mark
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,128 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by mcongleton
Peter I am sorry I missed meeting you, funny how I get wrapped up with things once at the track.

Mark
Glad you emerged unscathed, Mark. We'll catch up again!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Peter,

All in all, I'm not complaining. Got down to 27:2 on the sprint and 27:5 on the enduro. Not bad at all.
I was going to say, not very much slower. Not bad at ALL!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Peter, maybe SVRA at the end of the month.

Juan I love to watch your car run, you wheel the heck out of it!

Mark
Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems to me the real story of the weekend was the driving in the red group. Bryan scolded the group at every drivers' meeting. Apparently lifting and pointing faster cars by wasn't enough for some, as nose chops were common. It was difficult to hear from across the room, but it appeared that one driver got into somewhat of a disagreement with Bryan, with that driver's relentless opinion that all slower cars should move aside for faster ones.
To refer to the thread weeks ago about a separate Cup car class and keep the GT cars out, I can't see how it could be anymore clear that they must be separated. The GT 4 guys are lucky- the GT 3 guys weren't. Never heard so many complaints from so many about the same thing. To put it bluntly, I believe that it sucked for most of the GT 3 drivers.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:58 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 658 Likes on 320 Posts

Juan so that was your street motor if you go by me next year with your John Deere lawn tractor motor in car I am going to take up golf
Rich
Old 02-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
Juan so that was your street motor if you go by me next year with your John Deere lawn tractor motor in car I am going to take up golf
Rich
Hi Rich,

Its not the motor, its the brakes... Now that I think about it, my tractor has no brakes !

You and your car ran very well. I was behind you coming around 17 and you have a good line that also evades the large bump.

See you next time..... (I'll be the one in the yellow and purple tractor...!)
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mcongleton
Peter, maybe SVRA at the end of the month.

Juan I love to watch your car run, you wheel the heck out of it!

Mark
Thanks Mark, I really enjoy it. It's a very nice car and I hope I can one day extract everything it's got. According to MoTeC my eclectic lap is a 2:21 and I'm down to 2:25.

Time to call Peter I think.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:54 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Juan a 2:25 is a great lap, love your quick downshift into T-16, then power down

Paul I spoke to Bryan after the Red group meeting. He said he did not want the GT-3 guys in with the cups however due to car counts they had to keep us in Red. I was a little luckier this year with the crazy antics because I could only run an 18 with a borrowed Supercup box. That kept me with mainly 996's and 2 997's. I was far enough behind you I did not have to run with the guys you did and I am glad I didn't. Not sure I would run next year if I was in the Cup group, I would not doubt if Wright Motorsports does not attend at all next year which is kind of sad. WM used to have 8 cars which over the past 3 years has gone down to 4 with one of the 4 saying he won't be back next year.

It was good to see you and Kim, sorry about her issue with her car.

Mark
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Thanks Mark, I really enjoy it. It's a very nice car and I hope I can one day extract everything it's got. According to MoTeC my eclectic lap is a 2:21 and I'm down to 2:25.

Time to call Peter I think.
Send me that .ld file and let me take a look, Juan! Your spread is usually much tighter than that. Must be a data error. Certainly not you!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:09 PM
MikeJim
Pro

Man, a lot of Cayman Interseries hardware bit the dust. At least six cars in the wall by my count. $$$$$$$$$

Peter I was going out on the track and saw you and tried to honk...then realized I didn't have a horn.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Juan, if you stop the pirouettes you would be much quicker!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
Seems to me the real story of the weekend was the driving in the red group. Bryan scolded the group at every drivers' meeting. Apparently lifting and pointing faster cars by wasn't enough for some, as nose chops were common. It was difficult to hear from across the room, but it appeared that one driver got into somewhat of a disagreement with Bryan, with that driver's relentless opinion that all slower cars should move aside for faster ones.
To refer to the thread weeks ago about a separate Cup car class and keep the GT cars out, I can't see how it could be anymore clear that they must be separated. The GT 4 guys are lucky- the GT 3 guys weren't. Never heard so many complaints from so many about the same thing. To put it bluntly, I believe that it sucked for most of the GT 3 drivers.
I had a great weekend in GT4s...I'm sorry the rest of the GT group wasn't dropped down......I lucked out, for sure.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
I had a great weekend in GT4s...I'm sorry the rest of the GT group wasn't dropped down......I lucked out, for sure.
You tore 'em up Daniel, congratulations.

Seems GT4S was the group to be in - I may put the ballast back in my car.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Dan, I saw you crushed your previous track record in the Enduro, congrats.

Quick Reply: Sebring updates