More Alonso Apologists

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,892 Posts
Default More Alonso Apologists

Give Alonso credit for driving brilliantly this year, no question, and with an inferior car, but YOU DID NOT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, move on, it's almost time to test for 2013. Stop blaming everything and everyone else. This is exactly why people cannot stand Alonso. He used to whine in the media himself, but apparently has learned that he should have his boss and crooked manager do it for him. What did he expect Schumi to do? Put up a fight against the Red Bull with a Mercedes.... both of which finished out of the points in Brazil? The only thing Briatore got right was that Webber was the only one that helped Alonso with that bonzai move on Vettel on the restart...

Briatore joins Montezemolo in criticising Schumacher

Dec.6 (GMM) Former team principal Flavio Briatore has joined Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo in criticising the way Michael Schumacher ended his Formula 1 career recently in Brazil.

Despite winning five consecutive titles for Ferrari in his ultra-successful first career, Schumacher – now driving for Mercedes – openly let his friend Sebastian Vettel overtake during the Interlagos finale.

Schumacher’s fellow German Vettel was fighting for the title against Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, who ultimately lost the battle by 3 points.

“I was expecting a slightly different final race on the part of Michael Schumacher”, Ferrari president Montezemolo admitted last weekend.

Italian Briatore, who was team boss when Schumacher won his first two titles with Benetton in the mid-90s, agrees with his fellow Italian Montezemolo.

“The way he (Schumacher) behaved in Brazil was not good. His preference was that Red Bull beats Ferrari,” said Briatore.

“The only one who helped Ferrari was Webber,” he added, referring to Vettel’s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber, who is in Briatore’s management stable.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm surprised he put down the sandwich long enough to make a statement.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jesus Christ on a motorcycle! Can't these douchebags let it go already?

After Alonso, then Domenicali (or maybe vice versa?), then Montezemolo, now Briatore... Who's next? Todt?

What was Schumi supposed to do? Shunt Vettel out? I'm sure Senna is a huge hero in their book and even though came up a bit short, drove a stellar race in Brazil...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Alonso was, is and always will be a narcissistic douchebag.
Luca is just now realizing what he didn't get when he dumped Schumacher and Kimi.
It is a beautiful day ....
Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised they did not bring up Petrov when he did not let Alonso by. Oooopps, wrong year. Everyone else did their part: Hulk taking himself and Hamilton out of podiums; Perez diving into T1. Even Weber did what he could.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

He always has a second career if he needs it:

Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Flavio Briatore ... a man of the highest morals. I only have one word for Flavio....

Singapore.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VR, is he pointing to ask where to put the gas or is that a gesture to Massa to do come over do it for him??
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if Vettel had not passed Schumacher late in the race, he still would have been champ.

All he needed was a 7th place finish which is where he was prior to the pass.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

“The only one who helped Ferrari was Webber,” he added, referring to Vettel’s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber, who is in Briatore’s management stable.
This much is at least true. Webber raced and squeezed Vettel into T1 giving Ferrari a nice passing lane. Then the restart, again.

Last edited by consolidated; 12-06-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
VR, is he pointing to ask where to put the gas or is that a gesture to Massa to do come over do it for him??
I think it's him telling Vettel, "I gotcher nozzle right here, cupcake"
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

You people are being much too harsh on Fernando Alonso. He never said anything and can't control what others day, so how does it always fall at the door step of Alonso being a bad guy? Why always Alonso?

That being said, I wasn't aware that Flavio Briatore was both Alonso and Webber's manager until I read that article. Might explain alot about Webber's lack of "cooperation" in being the ideal teammate to Vettel. Don't really think that Briatore should be bragging about that in the media given his checkered past.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
He always has a second career if he needs it:

True, but I dont think He'll want to live in Oregon...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
You people are being much too harsh on Fernando Alonso. He never said anything and can't control what others day, so how does it always fall at the door step of Alonso being a bad guy? Why always Alonso? .
Really?
Name another driver in the modern era who has been at the center of some of the most spectacular controversies....

McLaren - Ferrari technical information (Stepneygate), sitting in the pits waiting for his physio to signal the release, alleged blackmail (mentioned by Ron Dennis), 100M fine.

Renault - Singapore (Flavio and Symmonds gone), claims to have no idea why he was fueled so light (strange for a former WDC to be so clueless about his car setup)

Yet he is as pure as the driven snow, a victim of always being at the wrong place at the wrong time. A man of deep reflection and contemplation.

Seriously, does "Tifosi" translate to "moron" ?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't even buy into the concept of the Ferrari being so far behind the other cars in terms of perceived performance. I think that's a bit of a smokescreen too. Especially in the latter half of the season. Both Alonso and Massa competed extremely well in the races.

Quick Reply: More Alonso Apologists