Sponsored by:

25 Hour, COTA, and McLaren in December

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts
Default 25 Hour, COTA, and McLaren in December

Cross post from my original in the 997 GT3 Forum. Thought I would share with you guys what I will be up to the next couple of weeks.

The next couple of weeks are going to be super busy with lots of travel for me. First I am heading out to Thunderhill to participate in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill with BimmerWorld in the Redline Fluids E92 M3. This car is going to be awesome to drive as it has full aero, a sequential gearbox, 400+HP, and big brakes to match. Can't wait to step back into a real racecar with lots of engineering hours behind it. Then I am flying from California back home for a day of rest before heading to COTA for a day of testing.

Then the highlight of me week is flying from Austin back to Atlanta to catch a plane to go across the pond to hang out at McLaren. They are flying me over to teach me all the ins and outs of the MP4-12C which includes driving the car on track. All they told me to bring was a pair of driving shoes. Everything else is provided.

I am going to do my best to post up info on both my blog and my Facebook acount. Follow along if you want to hear about it.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Sounds like a fantastic month, have fun and keep us updated!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

It doesn't suck to be you Seth.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seth

Are you going to McLaren with a few other GA guys? Have fun at Thunderhill it is a great event.

Mark
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds like a dream of a lifetime, not a month! congrats and keep us posted.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mcongleton
Seth

Are you going to McLaren with a few other GA guys? Have fun at Thunderhill it is a great event.

Mark
That would be the one. I believe you know a couple of the guys going. SHould be a good time.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Yes I spoke to Cory about the trip, he is very excited, you will have a great time.

Mark
Old 12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, I've got the company Christmas party to look forward to in a couple weeks, it's going to be be at the same place it always is, should be an awesome December.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Cross post from my original in the 997 GT3 Forum. Thought I would share with you guys what I will be up to the next couple of weeks.

The next couple of weeks are going to be super busy with lots of travel for me. First I am heading out to Thunderhill to participate in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill with BimmerWorld in the Redline Fluids E92 M3. This car is going to be awesome to drive as it has full aero, a sequential gearbox, 400+HP, and big brakes to match. Can't wait to step back into a real racecar with lots of engineering hours behind it. Then I am flying from California back home for a day of rest before heading to COTA for a day of testing.

Then the highlight of me week is flying from Austin back to Atlanta to catch a plane to go across the pond to hang out at McLaren. They are flying me over to teach me all the ins and outs of the MP4-12C which includes driving the car on track. All they told me to bring was a pair of driving shoes. Everything else is provided.

I am going to do my best to post up info on both my blog and my Facebook acount. Follow along if you want to hear about it.

I hope they are not trying to get you into one of Lewis's driving suits, you may want to carry just in case ....
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

When you go, just be sure to smirk the entire time in awe of how awesome your life is.

Quick Reply: 25 Hour, COTA, and McLaren in December