Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Grand Prix of Brazil

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,387 Likes on 1,625 Posts

Amazing that Kimi could come back and get third.

Excellent race - either Vettel or Alonso deserved it. On to 2013!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fantastic and fitting end to the greatest and longest season in history.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,745 Likes on 922 Posts

What a track.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
What a great way to end this BEST of all years season!!!! Drama from start to finish

First off, congrats to Vettel. He deserves the WDC as he had to fight hard today under crazy conditions.

Second, congrats to Alonso, as he came so close to finishing on top after never having the best car on the grid the entire season. Also for keeping his nose clean at Ferrari for 3 years. I didn't think it could happen given his history with Renault, then McLaren and back to Renault again, but he has been a model driver for the team.

Congrats to Kimi for coming in 3rd in the WDC. Also never had the best car on grid the entire year, but managed to be up there. Also congrats to KIMI for not rear ending Vettel on lap 1 when he locked up and was headed straight for Vettels gearbox. He decided to go off track rather than decide the WDC right there and then.

Congrats to Massa for being the ideal teammate and doing everything in his power to help his teammate win the WDC without crashing out his competition.

Congrats to Ferrari for sticking with Massa when it appeared he was done. Clearly it paid off with Massa's outstanding performance down the stretch of the year and locking up the 2nd position in the WCC.

Now onto the WTF award:

Senna. WTF was that? and then blaming Vettel for turning into you. YOU? Unbelievable.

Grojean. Honestly another WTF moment in qualifying that cost him from advancing out of Q1. Only to be followed up with an unassisted spin by himself into the wall and another DNF. Grojean's got nothing on Sato and should NOT be in F1, period.

Webber. Dude. Exactly why are you trying to overtake your teammate into T1, 3 wide on the restart? I've said it before, I'll say it again, Webber is either the most stupid driver on grid or the most stubborn, but regardless, he JUST DOESN'T GET THE BIG PICTURE, DOES HE. You've had your chance for years. You have no chance at the WDC, give your teammate space. You're an idiot that is lucky they still put up with your dumbass moves on track. Go home already. When is Vettel going to pop this guy right in the nose? He won despite his teammate.

Finally, goodbye to SPEED and hope for a better broadcast from NBCSN in 2013.
Absolutely agree, glad to see Kimi's move was noticed by most of us.

Both our championship protagonists had some seriously good luck today, Vettel for surviving what should have been a race ending hit and Fernando getting a gift from Hulk taking out Lewis and effectively himself.

Congrats to Red Bull and Vettel for putting on an amazing year end performance and congrats to Fernando for pushing every race while always keeping his composure and maturity.

Let's what next year brings.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Merry Christmas Luca
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
One of the greatest seasons in F1. On to next yr...
Ferrari, can we please build a competitive car for a change? You have the best driver, overdriving for 3 yrs in a row. About time he get a competitive car for a change for 2013.
Congrats to Vettel and Kudos to Alonso for keeping it interesting.
They gave Alonso the entire rear of the Sauber ... Next year maybe they will get the whole car.

Jamie Alguersuari said this past week Alonso would gave won the WDC if he had been driving a Sauber.

But then again, Alonso chose to drive for Ferrari ...
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 191 Posts

WHAT AN AMAZING RACE! I'll be watching it again this winter.

Congrats to Vettel, well deserved! Alonso had ALMOST all the opportunities handed to him for the win, but at the end it was not to be.

Congrats to Button, proved again he can drive in the rain. 4th time in a row P2 wins the race, hehe.

I don't think Senna was at all at fault when he and Vettel had a shunt. He's been a good racer this year, much better during the race than in qualifying.

Too bad for Hamilton and Hulkenberg, I really felt that the drive through penalty for Hulk was not deserved. It was a racing incident. Would've been great to see FI win or podium.

Only 15 weeks until Australia!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimi
It was a busy race and we didn’t have the pace we wanted all the time. There was certainly a lot going on. I went off at the last corner on lap fifty-two as I couldn’t see well with my visor being dirty and fogged up. Where I went off you can get back on the track by going through the support race pit lane, but you have to go through a gate. I know this as I did the same thing in 2001 and the gate was open that year. Somebody closed it this time. Next year I’ll make sure it’s open again.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 538 Posts

When Kimi went off, I was waiting for him to try and find reverse! Was lucky he had room to turn around! That was classic...
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 69 Posts

I am no apologizer for Senna except here, I think Vettel is to blame. I'm glad that the race and season were not decided by this though.

I had thought that Grosjean was plagued by bad luck but now I am convinced he just doesn't have it.

Agree that Weber was a dope trying to challenge into T1, sour grapes move - rumor is that he will be an endurance prototype driver for Porsche in 2014 - how will we feel about him then?

In the end I think the best drivers fought it out for the WDC: Vettel, Alonso, Kimi, Hamilton (bad luck much of the season), Button a bit farther down (my favorite even though he's a few tenths slower).

Bring on 2013
Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ilko
WHAT AN AMAZING RACE! I'll be watching it again this winter.

Congrats to Vettel, well deserved! Alonso had ALMOST all the opportunities handed to him for the win, but at the end it was not to be.

Congrats to Button, proved again he can drive in the rain. 4th time in a row P2 wins the race, hehe.

I don't think Senna was at all at fault when he and Vettel had a shunt. He's been a good racer this year, much better during the race than in qualifying.

Too bad for Hamilton and Hulkenberg, I really felt that the drive through penalty for Hulk was not deserved. It was a racing incident. Would've been great to see FI win or podium.

Only 15 weeks until Australia!
I think the drive through penalty for Hulkenberg was well deserved as he knew he was in more water than the previous two laps. Hamilton slowed down and there was another driver already moving slower in front of him. Hulkenberg tried to force a move that was not going to happen on that part of the track. Just too risky of a move IMHO. I really wanted to see Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton on the podium today. I think they are the best 3 drivers overall for the current season.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

I thought for sure Seb would retire with header failure. At some point I thought I heard popping sounds on his car during decel zones which is a classic indicator of a cracked header. They're using .020" wall inconel which is quite thin.

Amazing end to an amazing season, one that spanned into Thanksgiving. Enjoyed every race of this season.

Hats off to Seb for keeping his head after being turned around at the start.

I myself will miss the broadcast crew.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not too often a race keeps you on the edge of your seat like that. Incredible to see the WDC points swing back and forth like that!

Really well called, though Posey is becoming the F1 Dick Clark.

I can only hope next year will be as good after the big shakeup.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pete,
You are so right about Ferrari keeping Massa. I think it will pay off next year. Massa did everything he could to help FA this race and he will do it again next year.

And you forgot to praise Kimi for the greatest F1 quote Evar:
Just leave me alone,
I know what to do.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:15 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

I sat down to watch Seb vs Freddy, the lights went out then all hell broke loose and continued to the end........I was screaming at the tv.........wow!

Well done Seb and RB with a very exciting championship with Fernando and Ferrari. Hammy deserved a little better but the Hulk got a little impatient.......too bad for both drivers and teams.

Mr consistency Button shows once again what a steady driver he is and wraps up the season with a good win.

Grosjean and Webber need to shake their heads.

Then just when I was running out of breath Kimi decides it beer time and goes for a look see, cant find any so rallys the Lotus back on track.

Big congrats to Seb and nice to see Schumi handing over the mantle.........fantastic race

Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Prix of Brazil