Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice hotel in Daytona?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, I think John would agree, it is not a bad drive to the Speedway from the Shores. You would just travel north on Atlantic to International Speedway Blvd and head west to the track. Drive time to the track I would think is about 20-25 minutes tops.

Mark
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by mcongleton
Dave, I think John would agree, it is not a bad drive to the Speedway from the Shores. You would just travel north on Atlantic to International Speedway Blvd and head west to the track. Drive time to the track I would think is about 20-25 minutes tops.

Mark
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

One other thing about the Hilton........it's close to Lollipops!!!!!

Mark
Sounds interesting. They offer rooms there too?

Do they strip like they do up here in Quebec?

c.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:06 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 260 Posts

Quebec vs. Lollipops in an all out...NEVER MIND! Sorry.

The Shores is a lot closer than you think. And it's Daytona Beach. Traffic actually hasn't been invented yet here outside of bike week. You will be fine. From International Speedway Boulevard it probably 2.5 times as far south as the Hilton is North. 6 miles down as opposed to 2 miles up maybe? It's worth it and while it doesn't have the proximity to local "sports cabaret" attractions, I thought this was supposed to be a place where the attendeeds can hang out and not be surrounded by racers. The paddock is 1st to Lollipops' being 2nd for the largest concentration of motorsports personnel under one roof. If you need a driver, tech or tire changer, start there!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 260 Posts

Hey John... Still sleeping with your new trophy???? I would be!

Just back from IMSA Challenge.......... down the dark road, maybe.

Hope your Daytona tests goes well, it will be here before you know it.

Mark
Hmm...I would love to know about the experience. Do you have my email? You need to be the new BGB liasion between Imsa Cup and GS Porsches because that's our target demographic!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
mcongleton
Racer

John

I sent you my email address, talk soon.

Mark
Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Ladies and Gents,

Big points here...look up the Shores Resort and Spa. If you are bringing a significant other, it's perfect. I refer to it as "civilization." Before moving to Daytona I lived in Los Angeles and before that I was a wanking analyst in NYC. Trust me! No one knows the culture shock that is living here like I do!

BUT...you will not be disappointed with that place. The menu rocks. They have an outdoor bar and fire pits and what not by the pool and they even provide marshmallows to roast. You can't go wrong. After that, the Hilton has been cleaned up a lot and has some new restaurants.

Here's a link because if I was reading what I was writing, I too wouldn't believe me!

Cheers.

http://www.shoresresort.com/

John
That's where I stay when I've got the wife with me. While I spend all night in the pits, she likes to leave around midnight and come back after breakfast the next day. Keeps her comfortable and happy.

Coochas, getting there is no big deal. Takes 10-15 minutes. The only traffic you will see all weekend is from 10am to race start on Saturday and within a mile of the track. If you want to park in the infield, get there around 8-9am Saturday. At some point around race start it will be full. Around dinner time a bunch of people leave and don't come back until the next day. After dark, coming and going is easy. Just remember that Target with the Starbucks inside of it closes at 10pm. Very important to be caffienated through the night.

Quick Reply: Nice hotel in Daytona?