Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderbolt update for Blue Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012 | 11:45 AM
Cris Brady
Pro

In 44Cup racing, the NJMP pit out lane is considered "off-track" and if you gain positions doing it you will be penalized. I don't know what PCA policy is or even if it was spelled out. Of course if you get pushed over there by no fault of your own, its legal.
Old 08-29-2012 | 12:27 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I was pushed in there and let me tell you, that curb hitting my sway bar mount just about knocked my teeth loose!
I heard a loud thunk as I came back on track and thought "well damn, I hope it's nothing important since I've got 60 minutes to go!" Next time I won't come back on track until I'm past the gator.

Last edited by Streak; 08-29-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2012 | 01:24 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
I heard a loud thunk as I. Came back on track and thought "well damn, I hope it's nothing important since I've got 60 minutes to go!" Next time I won't come back on track until I'm past the gator.
I straddled it in the fun race, scraped my oil filter and put a pin hole in it. Won't do that again.
Old 08-29-2012 | 02:30 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Fantastic weekend, I just love that place! Always great to hang with all the guys, too.
For the record, I ran every session, race, and enduro, and all I need to do is bleed the brakes and fuel it for the next event. So much for 944 engine explosions.
I am grateful to the scrut's for carefully looking over my car and making a suggestion regarding safety equipment, but I don't know what that head measurement thing was all about.
I am so glad that I decided to run the enduro, after starting to pack up, it was the best race of the weekend for me and I'll be posting video soon. I was witness to a bad divebomb incident.
Gary, I didn't know that you shunted, I hope it's OK, we know you are. If the damage doesn't buff out, trash it and get a Boxster. That'll put you just a little further behind me.
Streak, was that you at the end of the pit lane? I was about to go around you when you finally took off.
Sean needs a new gearbox, I've got video of him searching for a cog while countersteering...
Always great to race with Charlie, controlled and fair, he and I were nose to tail for a good part of the weekend.
As for Pablo, well; it seems he's started a trend. Expect more aero. It works on my car too.
Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2012 | 03:25 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gums
Always great to race with Charlie, controlled and fair, he and I were nose to tail for a good part of the weekend.
Old 08-29-2012 | 04:55 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

^^Rumors of you departing SpBox true???^^
Old 08-29-2012 | 05:55 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Streak, was that you at the end of the pit lane? I was about to go around you when you finally took off.
Yes. Sorry. I thought I left room on my left to get out and I hope I did but I was a wee early leaving. Felt like an eternity sitting there. Rookie move
Old 08-29-2012 | 07:36 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Gary, I didn't know that you shunted, I hope it's OK, we know you are. If the damage doesn't buff out, trash it and get a Boxster. That'll put you just a little further behind me.
Thanks Frank, but what makes you think if I get a modern car with better aero and suspension I would be slower? The last SPB I had on the dyno with my car made identical HP and TQ numbers, I think the difference is in the tires.
Old 08-29-2012 | 08:46 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Thanks Frank, but what makes you think if I get a modern car with better aero and suspension I would be slower? The last SPB I had on the dyno with my car made identical HP and TQ numbers, I think the difference is in the tires.
The "better suspension" is a tricky equation, too, given that the SPB setup is spec'd. The cars are also wide, so I wonder how much better the Cd is.

Frank, as for moving on from SPB, I consider my options all the time...
Old 08-29-2012 | 09:41 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Frank, as for moving on from SPB, I consider my options all the time...
As do I. Just let me know if your car goes on the block, I like it!

What makes you think if I get a modern car with better aero and suspension I would be slower?
Because you're currently faster than the SpBox's.

Originally Posted by Streak
I thought I left room on my left to get out
No matter, cuz we exited the pit under yellow anyway.
Old 08-29-2012 | 09:43 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Hey guys, poor taste if I post the opening segment video? I've got the shunt in full view, and it's clear whose fault it was. Don't want to rub salt in wounds....??? Advise
Old 08-29-2012 | 10:05 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Post the video...... we are all adults here.....
Old 08-29-2012 | 10:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Because you're currently faster than the SpBox's.
I beat Charlie by about .3xx (both of our fastest runs) and I was on R6's vs. his Toyo R1's. I would say, using this data, he is the better driver and the tires made the difference in this case. Put us in the same car, same circumstance then whoever wins wins but in this case I would say Charlie kicked my *** regardless of the times recorded... it isn't apples to apples..
Old 08-29-2012 | 10:51 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Be that as it may, I'd prefer an F Class Boxster S to a spec anyway. I supose you can run those on HoHo's too, no?
Old 08-29-2012 | 11:00 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Gums, I take it as a compliment that you invite us to compete with you... regardless of class, it's allways about the enjoyment we get out of the competition.

Quick Reply: Thunderbolt update for Blue Group