Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Rough weekend!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrat's Sean on a great weekend.

Gary, sorry to hear about the off. Hopefully the damage is not too bad.

Bob, Awesome effort trying to get around the Cayman. Loved watching you try everything available to make the pass. It was good tight racing.....

Streak, Hope the rest of your trip was uneventful.

I look forward to the other video from the weekend. I'll get to race vicariously thru others.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Musche
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Scruts were checking head thickness on all the 944's.

Race today had lap times a little slower than Saturday. The water across the track that caught Gary couldn't have been in a worse place....right in the spot where you were getting on the throttle to build speed for the esses and front straight. Second lap it caught me at a 45 degree angle and had to make a quick recovery by letting go of the wheel to get back straight. Managed it by adjusting the line to drive thru it straight.

Streak-sorry to hear about your trip home after such a good weekend.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Steve it was great to meet you and run with you. Love your CT-70's.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 AM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. Coming out of the carousel I was 6" off Sean's bumper and thought I was past the stream (could see nothing but dark gray SC) when I went full throttle.... I wasn't. Car did a snap 180 and dropped into the sopping wet grass. I tried steering, brakes, and swearing but she was like an arrow going at the steel wall, downhill backwards at a 45 degree angle. Right rear corner took the worst of it but it is quite fixable (I think!). I was more disappointed not giving Sean the race he has been missing (as I have!) for two years, it was going to be great fun. That wraps up 2012 for me, i'll be back in 2013!
I know what that pain feels like bro, I am sur wit will repair and you will be back faster than ever!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:04 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm surprised the track has not resolved the few areas on track where the water accumulates. There are a few spots where water stays on track following any significant rainfall.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I was surprised too Joe...
Old 08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Gary... glad to hear you are ok.

With F cars (normally in Blue) I almost never run point... so please dont beat me up too much! Nonetheless, it was great running with everyone. I tried not being too disruptive in Class battles as I came through.... Thank you for all the room at times, and the drag races and side by sides during others!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OT again, but it's interesting how GT-5 cars always get placed in the "slow" group, when a good GT-5 car is more like a G or H class car.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

You can say the same for some F Class... and on, and on, for cars in the front, and cars in the back... In different tracks, different cars, in different classes will out/under perform. I lost a race in LRP to a faster GT5S car and came 5th or so behind F cars as well. Great racing, same group. In WG I would have gotten my butt kicked by a few F cars as well as Jin in GT5S. My car is strong in TB. It will not be so in Daytona... perhaps I should start emailing PCA to move me from group to group depending on where my car is strong and where it is not.

It is interesting how every once in a while a well prepared car breaks out only to get criticized...

And by the way, sorry to call it out, but not nice, even on contemplation mode:

...he is running by himself in ours, unless he crashes he will win this group easily.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Didn't mean that in any sense of a bad way Pablo so don't twist it to sound bad. I simply meant that the only way you wouldn't win is not to finish. As far as what groups to run in, personally I would find it boring to be 2 seconds a lap faster than everyone else in my group, regardless of class. it's not your call, not my call, just is what it is.

All I know is Sean was last seen carrying a chicken head over to Hunt's trailer just before our last race and I swear I saw a little guard rail model, a water bottle, and an HO race set up to mimic TBolt on Hunt's Alter .. I mean workbench.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Pablo, was good to meet you. Your car is a thing of beauty. I bet you had some fun working through that traffic even if you didn't have anyone close to you to race with. I know I had a couple of exciting moments working through traffic.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

All good Gary. Just stung a bit....

Absolutely my pleasure Sean! One of the best parts of my PCA racing weekends have been meeting all of you. Thanks for the compliment. The car was definitely working well.

Indeed, as a fairly new racer, working through traffic has been one of my weaknesses. So I do take enjoy it while trying to learn as much as possible from it. And as you know ), I may have been a second or two clear on any given clear lap , but on a straight line without the exit speed/momentum advantage, a LOT of you guys could walk me!!!! Love it!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
All good Gary. Just stung a bit....
I may have been a second or two clear on any given clear lap , but on a straight line without the exit speed/momentum advantage, a LOT of you guys could walk me!!!! Love it!
Good. I wish my video was working as I actually closed on you in the carousel after you passed me in the second practice. I managed a 1:33.3x that session so you were only a second or so faster for a lap..
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

All I know is Sean was last seen carrying a chicken head over to Hunt's trailer just before our last race and I swear I saw a little guard rail model, a water bottle, and an HO race set up to mimic TBolt on Hunt's Alter .. I mean workbench.
I don't know what you're talking about.

Quick Reply: Thunderbolt update for Blue Group