Sponsored by:

First DE day yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:17 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by roketman
Ok try this video you laps and time yourself when you get home!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT6SUk8iqak
thanks, it was very helpful to watch, great video, i sent you a PM.
Regards,
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Roketman - Was that a video from the yellow Mustang that was there at the Glen? I heard that it was insanely fast. From the video some of the corner entry speeds are very fast compared to what 911's typically do (slow in, fast out). Interesting to watch.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:17 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.
My response to you - or any solo students is - instead of asking for a check-out ride - ask for an instructor.
John D.
On check-rides: While there is nothing inherently wrong with asking to be checked out to the next run group, students should understand that as instructors we pretty much assume folks are looking to improve and move up. Personally, I'm always evaluating whether or not a student is ready to move to the next level. If they are ready, I promote them (normally by getting a second set of instructor's eyes in the car first if it's to the highest group). If they are not ready, I work with them on what it will take to get them there.

It is ALWAYS my objective to raise my student's skills and enable them to move up a group. You don't have to ask. If you are ready it will happen.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I would say pretty good droving rocketman, I did not see a single P-car pass you in that vid.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Yes that was the yellow Boss 302 LS. that was at the Glen.I actually did get passed by a very well driven GT3rs and a GT2.I just couldn't quite keep up.I did have a blast .Its really amazing how good the car is.And thats coming from a Porsche guy!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Roketman why now doing DEs and not racing anymore? I am guessing you are passing on your experience via instructing.....If that is the case, let me know when your next DE event is and maybe you can go on a ride with me and critique my droving.....
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Roketman why now doing DEs and not racing anymore? I am guessing you are passing on your experience via instructing.....If that is the case, let me know when your next DE event is and maybe you can go on a ride with me and critique my droving.....
Can I also critique your driving? I mean, I did get to follow you for awhile in each of the races this past weekend ...
Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
Can I also critique your driving? I mean, I did get to follow you for awhile in each of the races this past weekend ...
Sure....maybe post a video of it......
Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
I just love to drive.Put me on a race track and I am one happy guy.I love racing .But after 76 races 66 wins living and dying by a race schedule I have had my fill! Plus a lot of my friends have moved on.I am more than glad to relax and do Drivers Ed.I have really enjoyed taking my son to the track and teaching him.Next year my daughter will be auto xing and doing D.E.'s .Plus now I get to drive all my cars on the track.I will be at NHIS in Sept with NER,Limerock with North country.
In Oct I will be at Nola in New Orleans with the Ford Gt (40) owners group teaching.The Glen with HVR and than Limerock with SCDA.All in all I will have 4x as much track time than if I was racing!

Quick Reply: First DE day yesterday