Sponsored by:

PCA rules changes

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:00 PM
longhorn911
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I hope the SP996 guys are watching this potential cautionary tale.
Cautionary tale indeed...

In all of the discussions on this topic on Rennlist and other online forums I see almost *universal* agreement by the drivers in rejecting all of the rule changes except those designed to improve reliability. Yet these rules apparently were proposed by someone and then the PCA's recent email had a distinct pro-change slant to its wording. It seems that there is a very wide disparity with what the drivers are stating publicly and what the rules committee is publishing. Are there really any proponents out there? What am I missing?
Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Everyone since the '60s seems to be against rules creep. Look at SCCA GT cars now, started by taping up headlights and now they are tube frame funny cars. It will happen... unless you all write letters against it. I hate rules creep personally, stock is best except for reliability and safety issues.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:04 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

What's interesting is that I don't hear racers asking for these changes, at least not the ones I run with. Who's pushing this and why is it being brought up again and with supportive wording from PCA? Real question, not trying to start a fire.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:47 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys aught to be thankful PCA is not pushing for a tire change, like, you have to run Michelin xxx/xx/xx. That would add significantly to the running cost. I can't imagine who is driving a higher cost spec car. Makes no sense at all. The only allure for me to SPB is tire cost containment. Buying a set of Ho Hos for every race is a big $$ bump to the weekend.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:06 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I suspect the cost to be at the front will be a lot more than that. I can imagine different shock valving and spring packages for different tracks. Then you have the expense of test and tunes to figure out the best setups for each track. You'll be looking at fairly major arms race.

I hope the SP996 guys are watching this potential cautionary tale.
Exactly.

I'm submitting a suggestion to run 450 and/or 500 lb springs on whatever corner you like... this will certainly help the balance of the car a bit. God forbid we move to free springs and shock valving. And headers... WTF?

I would like to spend money going to more races, isn't that the point?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd remind all who are posting comments here, on RL, that the CR rules committee reads rule comments posted to the PCA website and if you really want to comment about rules proposals, that's the place to go. I've been told that there are a fair number of comments so far.
And also, a reminder that rules posted for comment aren't necessarily adopted but rather sometimes floated to get a sense of what the racers want.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
I'd remind all who are posting comments here, on RL, that the CR rules committee reads rule comments posted to the PCA website and if you really want to comment about rules proposals, that's the place to go. I've been told that there are a fair number of comments so far.
And also, a reminder that rules posted for comment aren't necessarily adopted but rather sometimes floated to get a sense of what the racers want.
Where on the PCA website? I see no place to post anything on the website.

I've emailed my comments so do I need to post something on the website?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:10 PM
longhorn911
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
...if you really want to comment about rules proposals, that's the place to go. I've been told that there are a fair number of comments so far.
I wasn't aware of any forums for feedback or discussion like that on the PCA site either - can you send a link?

Quick Reply: PCA rules changes