Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good tire pressure gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 02:56 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for this thread. I just picked up a "blem" Longacre digital gauge at a decent discount.

Lot's of stuff on their "refurb" list which includes blems, last year's models, etc.

http://www.longacreracing.com/refurb/index.asp

I didn't realize they were just up the road from me. Not sure who I spoke with but they were pleasant and helpful and easy to deal with over the phone, too.

Thanks again.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 495 Posts

Sometimes I think that this is the best piece of equipment I have ever bought. They are well made and accurate.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 AM
GUMBALL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Wink

I have used many different brands and styles. Longacre is good, Intercomp is not worth the trouble, Joe's is good. I like my Pressure Inc digital.

If you want the one that Indycar and F1 teams use (www.m-a-horne.co.uk/ - about $350) Why is it so expensive?? because it is nearly unbreakable, it has a sensor that zeroes to ambient atmospheric pressure. If you are setting tire pressures to 0.1 PSI, then this is the gauge. If you (and me and 95% of the motorsport competitors) are setting to 0.5 ro 1.0 PSI, then the "normal" gauges are fine - analog or digital.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I got ripped many years ago. At a VENDOR's trailer at Road Atlanta last weekend, my exact same gauge was running $29.95. Dang. Still a great gauge after ten years of use - checked it again the guys at Goldcrest Porsche and it was dead-on.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GUMBALL
I have used many different brands and styles. Longacre is good, Intercomp is not worth the trouble, Joe's is good. I like my Pressure Inc digital.

If you want the one that Indycar and F1 teams use (www.m-a-horne.co.uk/ - about $350) Why is it so expensive?? because it is nearly unbreakable, it has a sensor that zeroes to ambient atmospheric pressure. If you are setting tire pressures to 0.1 PSI, then this is the gauge. If you (and me and 95% of the motorsport competitors) are setting to 0.5 ro 1.0 PSI, then the "normal" gauges are fine - analog or digital.
Not that I would buy it but the link doesn't work for me... Can you repost?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 787 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by gman3280
Not that I would buy it but the link doesn't work for me... Can you repost?
The link is fine. The bandwidth quota has been exceeded so the web hosting company has shut down their site until the month is over or they pay for more bandwidth.

Try here:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...pressure-gauge

Scott

Quick Reply: Good tire pressure gauge?