Old 06-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Scott:
Tony will be able to get you set up. Like Peter, he knows a ton about this stuff especially Track Vision. On another note, your car looks awesome!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 743 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Scott:
Tony will be able to get you set up. Like Peter, he knows a ton about this stuff especially Track Vision. On another note, your car looks awesome!
Mark,

I got it all working just fine. As I said earlier, figuring it out was not that easy. But, now that I have done it, it should be straightforward from now on.

Thank you for the compliment on the car. It drives better than it looks!! I am having a blast driving it!

Scott

Last edited by winders; 06-10-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
Anyone using dashware? I've got the new 1.3 version and works fine except for RPM. I sent my file to them (Rolf) and he said it worked fine on his side ie RPM did. Any ideas what setting I could have wrong? help!
Rolf from dashware came back about the minut I posted here - lucky.
Seems the gpx file is not the way - CSV or xcel with all output is necessary and that did the trick.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:46 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teamking
I've been using RaceRender with my AIM SOLO and Replay XD1080. Don't know how it compares to TrackVision, but it's pretty easy to sync the two inputs. Rendering takes a while, but my laptop is old and slow. Here's video/data from Tuesday at Summit Point:

http://youtu.be/ol7vZimnWrg?hd=1
+1 on Race Render, I use that too.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the for what it's worth department, in addition to trying to use the GPS from data and start/finish to sync data and video, you can also do a big throttle blip at the beginning of the video (so you hear it in the video and can sync it to the data).
Old 06-11-2012, 07:16 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 743 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
In the for what it's worth department, in addition to trying to use the GPS from data and start/finish to sync data and video, you can also do a big throttle blip at the beginning of the video (so you hear it in the video and can sync it to the data).
I have a brake light on my dash that the video camera records. So I can easily match up a braking event in data with the light on the dash. This works great because I can see when I brake in my videos and use it as a sync tool.

Scott
Old 06-12-2012, 01:52 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Yes I'm trying a triple blip as leaving the pits to make synch ... solo dl seems to start 'recording' just as car begins to move
so that shd work too but not as easy. Here's my first data id - please let me know if I'm missing some easy/clever displays/data
that can help identify where I'm slow (obviously the corners - I got annihilated in the first turn 1 after surfboard on the inside locked up
... which made for some fun catching up)
Finished 2nd overall thanks to a better first heat.
thanks, Matt
ps - does vid look stretcheeeed wideways?

http://youtu.be/Aoo6v_wMhw8

Last edited by HiWind; 06-12-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 PM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Solo DL stops receiving RPM data from my car when the key is pulled. I use that moment, indicated with a hand signal, to sync. Hand signal showing key removal = 0 RPM.

I also confirm the sync with gear change data from the warm-up lap. The Solo DL gets the gear change data, and the video shows the shift being performed.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

ps - does vid look stretcheeeed wideways?
The original video frame looks OK but the dash rendering is obviously stretched - aspect ratio error in the rendering. Getting those ratios right for all input video formats and all scaling factors is the secret sauce, of course
Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Working on it - prob is rendering takes a while - change my GoPro recording setting?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Working on it - prob is rendering takes a while - change my GoPro recording setting?
720p @ 60fps is about the best for in-car work.
Rendering time for a given frame size & fps combo depends on how smart the rendering app is. TrackVision uses video game tricks to run most of the rendering in the GPU rather than the CPU. Much faster that way.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:47 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Thanks TK I'll try that ie 720@60 - my laptop not ideal but desktop 'in the shop' w big NVidia
Old 06-16-2012, 01:59 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Originally Posted by acao
The Solo DL stops receiving RPM data from my car when the key is pulled. I use that moment, indicated with a hand signal, to sync. Hand signal showing key removal = 0 RPM.

I also confirm the sync with gear change data from the warm-up lap. The Solo DL gets the gear change data, and the video shows the shift being performed.
Thanks I'll check that out too ie parc ferme shutoff. Re gears are you calc'ing or actually getting that via odbII?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

AiM Solo guys - heads up!
We've recently seen a cluster of Solo users having problems with syncing data & video. Many of these were early Solo users who had been using TrackVision with their Solo data for a while.
We identified the problem as a data gap between end of lap and start of the new lap. It was very easy to document once identified.

AiM USA took it on [thanks Josh H], and AiM's Italian development group today confirmed the version of Race Studio that corrects the problem. Solo users should download & install - Race Studio V 2.46.02

Last edited by APKhaos; 06-19-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re gears are you calc'ing or actually getting that via odbII?
Actual gear data via CAN. I couldn't get the info via OBDII (calculated or actual).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AIM Solo, Replay XD1080, and TrackVision