Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIM Solo, Replay XD1080, and TrackVision

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:03 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

I had issues w can so stuck w odbii. Math channel to set up calc'd gear quite easy as aim have a video n their Vimeo channel which shows exact steps - worth a watch if interested in the deeper power in RS2 .... http://vimeo.com/aimsports/videos

And thanks Tony! downloaded last night. Anything to make sync a .... Synch will be most helpful. Thanks for your efforts and insight there. I've tried aim italy on the phone before and that's no easy feat!! But once you crack the template and the sync and the vid selection format - all simple if someone explains how - its a quick thing and you're utubing! Note no more stretch

Last edited by HiWind; 06-19-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:55 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 801 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Solo users should download & install - Race Studio V 2.46.02
I downloaded the version of Race Studio you provided the link for and the file name was the same as the version I downloaded a few weeks ago. Did they update the software but not increment the version number?

Scott
Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 857 Likes on 532 Posts

You have to look at the version number when you open the software. It's at the top of the screen next to "Race Studio"
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was confused by the release date too. According to AiM's release history the 2.46.02 was released late May.
BTW, I should have also mentioned the bug was in the data upload from the logger to Race Studio. You need to upload the data again using the new version. Existing files in the Test Database that were uploaded with an earlier version will not be fixed by the new version.

Originally Posted by HiWind
Note no more stretch
The gauges are still stretched quite a bit, assuming they are actually round gauge images. The rendering code is not handling the data display aspect ratio correctly. Just being picky, but we've spent silly hours in that particular black hole. :-)
Old 06-21-2012, 02:50 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Originally Posted by APKhaos
the bug was in the data upload from the logger to Race Studio. You need to upload the data again using the new version. Existing files in the Test Database that were uploaded with an earlier version will not be fixed by the new version.
Oh that sucks if you empty your logger every once in a while. What was impact of the bug - to add a blip of .5s at begin of each lap? Can I export to excel, adjust and re-import?

"The gauges are still stretched quite a bit, assuming they are actually round" lol no they're the Carrera gt one - almost round, but I guess I'm gonna have learn about vid formats and codecs etc... Something I've avoided to save my own internal hd space
Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Oh that sucks if you empty your logger every once in a while. What was impact of the bug - to add a blip of .5s at begin of each lap? Can I export to excel, adjust and re-import?
Yes, it sux. Several guys are now forced to wait for their next track event to verify that its fixed. The problem is in the transition from the first lap [which in AiM-speak is from teh moment the logger starts until the first crossing of start/finish]. There's a significant discontinuity in all channel values [speed, rpm, etc] but no way to estimate what the time discontinuity is.

On the HD stuff, just give in - resistance is futile. Besides, storage is cheap, right? You actually get used to a 30 minute sprint race running 3Gb plus at 720/60fps.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
HiWind
Race Car

It's not the storage it's the render and upload speed that's made me look for size savings - time for a Mac?

And thanks for the detail - so its only on end first lap that there's distortion? Ie from 2nd on is ok? That's good as formation laps are usually two so I'd be ok ie ignore that data anyways.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

It's not the storage it's the render and upload speed that's made me look for size savings - time for a Mac?
Best bet is a current Windows machine with a Core i7 [or one of the better i5's] and a good graphics card. We've become big fans of SSDs in place of HDDs too: might be the best mod there is for Windows. I just got a Dell 15Z laptop with SSD, Core i7, 8Gb ram, & 2Gb GPU memory for around $1200 from the Dell Outlet store. That thing boots before Windoze 7 has finished drawing its pretty logo. Desktops are even faster and cheaper, of course.

And thanks for the detail - so its only on end first lap that there's distortion? Ie from 2nd on is ok? That's good as formation laps are usually two so I'd be ok ie ignore that data anyways.
Yes, the problem appears to be limited to the transition from the first lap to the second. If you sync early in the second lap its all go from there.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:38 AM
HiWind
Race Car

thanks - yet another mod from this site!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:03 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

AiM Release history log for Race Studio V2.46.02 states:
3. Fixed bug for which RSA in some cases wasn't properly managing the merging of two consecutive laps

Should have quoted this earlier - sorry!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
HiWind
Race Car

hmmm ... so it wasn't just the first and 2nd lap - could have been each conseq lap
Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

hmmm ... so it wasn't just the first and 2nd lap - could have been each conseq lap
Looking at the 10 or so sample data sets I have, the problem shows on the lap 1 to lap 2 transition. Other laps are OK.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Thanks Tony - great info

Quick Reply: AIM Solo, Replay XD1080, and TrackVision