Sponsored by:

NASA Texas -- Hallett June 9-10

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
You should have come Kai, it would have been a lot of fun !
Just out of curiosity Kai, what times were you running on Friday ?
Viking, on the advice of others...I've turned the data system off for a while.

That being said, I felt fast and neither one of the CO BMWs made any distance on me - I think I began to pull away from them as the track got warm.

Should have stayed, but it was good to be home and I earned points for the rest of the year.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Here's video from sprint 2. I had several missed shifts that cost me opportunities. The transmission turned out to have 1/2 of a hot lap left in it after the race.

http://vimeo.com/43819487
Michael - how funny as you were running Spec Miata (I thought I saw a 05 car). I was in the black #74 that started last in races 1 & 3 to work out kinks in my car. Overheating, tires and some other issues but oh well. Had to help out the rest of the day with the latter races. FYI we are back at Hallett in September and hoping to have a nice Miata field again (though no points for TX region).
Old 06-11-2012, 10:42 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I would like to make it in Sept., but if I do it will probably be in my Spec 996. Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Rene
I had a clutch problem Saturday during the charity race. The Penske's made a big difference & I was pleased. Every session we tried a change we got better.

Unfortunately i got caught up with Buck in a out of class battle during the race & had to fight him & get past on the last lap (he kept slowing me down in the corners so i could not get a run). Klinen & Reglitz got away unfortunately & I was unable to see if i could keep up with them.

I called Taylor Engineering this morning & ill get the Tilton clutch replaced ASAP. I think ill do a T&T day @ TWS sometime before September & see if i can keep dialing in the set up.
IMO, I think you would benefit from a pro helping you to dial in those shocks. You might consider coming to MSR and working with Jason Hart and PST to help you do that. I'd be happy to sponsor you on a guest pass if you would like.

Viking, congrats on the performance! You guys keep raising the bar, I love it!! It was funny to be watching on Race Monitor while the Canadian Gran Prix was on and realizing I cared more about what was happening in Hallett than what I was watching on TV. I miss racing with you guys ....
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

^^ +1 to what Rob says. ^^

I am also happy to help!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
IMO, I think you would benefit from a pro helping you to dial in those shocks.
Viking, congrats on the performance! You guys keep raising the bar, I love it!! It was funny to be watching on Race Monitor while the Canadian Gran Prix was on and realizing I cared more about what was happening in Hallett than what I was watching on TV. I miss racing with you guys ....
I agree on getting some help on dialing the car and shocks in Rene, it really will help you having someone that knows that can help you sort thru it.

Thank you Rob, it was a fun weekend although I did want to set the bar even higher I will take what we did given the circumstances. It is more fun to watch racers you know so I understand. You should come out and join us some more, although I know it's hard with work and life finding the time.
One of the things I like most about racing is that fastest is never enough, there is always faster ! Also I feel with each step of the bar we can raise then it forces all of those racers around and with us to also raise their bar as well. It really benefits all involved.
We probably won't do another event until the Nationals at Mid O due to time, wish you could make Nationals, you would do well there. And more importantly you would have a very fun week of racing, see if you can break away from work and come join us ! We can always use more good representation from Texas ! If not this year maybe next, I heard a rumor it may be at Miller next year again, that's a great track for the 996's.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

I would like to make it in Sept., but if I do it will probably be in my Spec 996. Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet.
I'll keep an eye out for you in September. Be good to meet another rennlister. Be interesting to check out a Spec 996 as I've not yet seen one before.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jaje
I'll keep an eye out for you in September. Be good to meet another rennlister. Be interesting to check out a Spec 996 as I've not yet seen one before.
Well if I don't make it then, I'll be there for Octoberfast with PCA. There will be a bunch of SP996's that weekend.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Well if I don't make it then, I'll be there for Octoberfast with PCA. There will be a bunch of SP996's that weekend.
And a veritable raft of Asshats...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Rene
Racer

Kai i take it your not a PCA club racing fan.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Rene
Kai i take it your not a PCA club racing fan.
Why would you say that?

It's one of my fondest desires to be accepted as an honorary Asshat, despite the fact that I drive a GT car, not a Spec 996 or Alphabet. Great crew, and fast also.

Quick Reply: NASA Texas -- Hallett June 9-10