Sponsored by:

NASA Texas -- Hallett June 9-10

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
I'll be down Sat. to race; the field needs a shiny new backmarker.
Check with me or at Drivers info to make sure I get you a Provisional License book. Once done just pick it up before you leave Saturday so you have it for your next event. See you then.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

NASA Central region drivers - I will be getting to the track early to setup a commune for us hopefully close to the action - maybe get an area in the pit. Let me know if you are interested in paddock space.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just found out I can't make it over the weekend.

We will be down Fri for T/T, but will have to bail and get home around 3pm.

NASA Sep. at Hallett is a given....as well as the Oct. PCA event.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just found out I can't make it over the weekend.

We will be down Fri for T/T, but will have to bail and get home around 3pm.

NASA Sep. at Hallett is a given....as well as the Oct. PCA event.
You're going to miss out ....... We won't get up there until late Friday night so if you want to see our cars you will have to be there Saturday or Sunday.

Figure out a way to make it Sat or Sunday.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by onefastviking
You're going to miss out ....... We won't get up there until late Friday night so if you want to see our cars you will have to be there Saturday or Sunday.

Figure out a way to make it Sat or Sunday.
Up to 50/50 for Sat. I look forward to meeting ya'll if I can make it.

Scott is ordering tires, if in stock, he'll have them. If not, I'll just slide around a lot.

Joel...I need rookie "R"s and orange vinyl...do you have any.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:27 AM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Up to 50/50 for Sat. I look forward to meeting ya'll if I can make it.

Scott is ordering tires, if in stock, he'll have them. If not, I'll just slide around a lot.

Joel...I need rookie "R"s and orange vinyl...do you have any.
Sent email - I do have it and just put it in my track folder so you can have it. I don't need it anymore no matter what you say about my driving.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:03 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I'm tired ! Hot weekend in Oklahoma.
Great weekend, even if I didn't get the cars/drivers down to the times I wanted, I guess I suck. I'll review the weekend over all and report back my thoughts later in the week, headed to bed now.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:58 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I'm tired ! Hot weekend in Oklahoma.
Great weekend, even if I didn't get the cars/drivers down to the times I wanted, I guess I suck. I'll review the weekend over all and report back my thoughts later in the week, headed to bed now.
I was watching via RaceMonitor and I think I saw best times of a 1:20 flat for Jay in GTS4 and a 1.22.X for Steve in GTS3. Both should be track records.

Why didn't Steve finish the weekend, I noticed he was absent in race 4? Also saw that Rene missed that race in his Vette.

Really wish I could have joined you, it looked fun with the GTS4 cars running up front. I think I could have put another P-car in front of those BMWs, but that's all coulda, shoulda, woulda. Props to them for getting out and competing.

My next one is NASA in 2 weeks at NOLA. Taking the F-car to race in ST2. We race there in the Ferrari CCR series to end our season in October so this is a chance to see it ahead of time and gain a little insurance for the points race there.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Congratulations!

Record times; quick on the track over the weekend.

Friday practice was also about a second off pace. It went so well for me I almost called home to stay for Sat.

Now I wish I had...I took a lot of grief Friday. Four P cars in front of the Bimmers would have been fun.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

God I love Hallett. Such a fun track, and such great people who run it.

I had probably my best SM weekend ever but for a dead transmission in sprint 3 that ended my weekend. Viking and I had just finished a conversation about replacing the transmission before I went out. 1/2 a hot lap, and it was dead. I coasted into the pits without him seeing me, and sent him a text saying we needed to replace the transmission really soon. He was like "WTF, he's texting while racing?".

This weekend I found some speed that took me up into the front third of the pack, which in SM is not bad at all. Sprint 2 was a blast. I'm uploading some video right now.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 AM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

NASA Central will be back at Hallett September 22/23 so we hope to see some familiar faces again.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's video from sprint 2. I had several missed shifts that cost me opportunities. The transmission turned out to have 1/2 of a hot lap left in it after the race.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Rene
Racer

I had a clutch problem Saturday during the charity race. The Penske's made a big difference & I was pleased. Every session we tried a change we got better.

Unfortunately i got caught up with Buck in a out of class battle during the race & had to fight him & get past on the last lap (he kept slowing me down in the corners so i could not get a run). Klinen & Reglitz got away unfortunately & I was unable to see if i could keep up with them.

I called Taylor Engineering this morning & ill get the Tilton clutch replaced ASAP. I think ill do a T&T day @ TWS sometime before September & see if i can keep dialing in the set up.

Last edited by Rene; 06-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
I was watching via RaceMonitor and I think I saw best times of a 1:20 flat for Jay in GTS4 and a 1.22.X for Steve in GTS3. Both should be track records.

Why didn't Steve finish the weekend, I noticed he was absent in race 4? Also saw that Rene missed that race in his Vette.

Really wish I could have joined you, it looked fun with the GTS4 cars running up front. I think I could have put another P-car in front of those BMWs, but that's all coulda, shoulda, woulda. Props to them for getting out and competing.

My next one is NASA in 2 weeks at NOLA. Taking the F-car to race in ST2. We race there in the Ferrari CCR series to end our season in October so this is a chance to see it ahead of time and gain a little insurance for the points race there.
It was a fun weekend all in all. The track didn't seem fast and seemed off by at least a second in my observation, upon talking with a few people over the course of the weekend, and Kai's comment, I am guessing my assumption is close and we were a second off due to track conditions. That being said, that would drop my goals to hit or predictions, Jay should have ran a 1:19, and Steve a 1:20.

Well, Jay drove great and actually got his 1.19 in a warmup, and I know, it wasn't a race time or Quali time so it's not official and doesn't count. But he still won overall in all the races so I'm ok with it.
See here -
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showru...056&perclass=1

Steve O. in the GTS3 Boxster S also did a incredible job. Going into the weekend we ended up using a different tire than we normally do. To make matters worse the rear tires we had for the weekend were a 5 year old set of stickers, this was all we had for the whole weekend that were the correct rear tire size for the Boxster. Well those rears lasted practice and qualifying and then separated cords resulting in an unusable tire. So all we could do was drop the rear tire size from a 295 rear to using a 275 rear, making it a square set up, which was what we had still available. So now the car was running off of it's normal fast setup and we dialed the car around the tires we had.
In the end, Steve made it all work and came in 2nd overall in the 3 races he ran, coming in behind Jay in our GTS4 car and ahead of all the other GTS3 AND GTS4 cars in the field, of which by the way were not slow cars. Great job Steve O. !
Steve had to get back to Houston for something on Sunday evening so he was unable to run the 4th race.

You should have been there with yours Rob, it would have been great to have a 1,2,3 win for the Porsche's. All in all, another great Hallett weekend in the record books,Thanks to all people at Hallett that make it such a wonderful place and thanks to the NASA TX officials for another great weekend of racing, and Thanks to all the racers for racing so clean all weekend.

So, in hind sight, I didn't get the lap times I wanted but with all the circumstances and the dominating finishes, I am happy with the results.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:57 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Congratulations!

Record times; quick on the track over the weekend.

Friday practice was also about a second off pace. It went so well for me I almost called home to stay for Sat.

Now I wish I had...I took a lot of grief Friday. Four P cars in front of the Bimmers would have been fun.
You should have come Kai, it would have been a lot of fun !
Just out of curiosity Kai, what times were you running on Friday ?

Quick Reply: NASA Texas -- Hallett June 9-10