Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand-Am Support Race this Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob. The scrutineers looked at my video and his his video. Doug (behind me) also quickly turned his in for review. I was almost immedately cleared. I appreciate the offer though! It was a pretty hard hit. Hopefully there is not too much bent behind the wheel and I can mke VIR.

Outside the T1 Race 2 punting, it was just a fantastic event. You guys (and gals), at the track or at the paddock, make for an awesome weekend! The racing was absolutely great, and the event just simply rocked!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:52 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vids, post em if you got em

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
Thanks Bob. The scrutineers looked at my video and his his video. Doug (behind me) also quickly turned his in for review. I was almost immedately cleared. I appreciate the offer though! It was a pretty hard hit. Hopefully there is not too much bent behind the wheel and I can mke VIR.

Outside the T1 Race 2 punting, it was just a fantastic event. You guys (and gals), at the track or at the paddock, make for an awesome weekend! The racing was absolutely great, and the event just simply rocked!
its that blend line curbing that does most people in. i almost had such an issue making a pass in the gtc5 cup on saturday.
from 500 meters away looks like you oculd go 3 wide there, then as the pitwall ends you realize its not a yellow paint blend line but there is some curbing there or such. disturbs teh car, kicks you in the air. me, i locked it up but was able to release the brakes pretty quick and thankfully the car squatted down and i was able to scoot out of there with just some lowgrade trowser staining.

Its time for some vid posting..... ill hve some up later. i have some good vid of some various battles that i was able to come upon in that cup. i thought the cayman battles were excellent.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

I am totally kool with people posting Vids showing my T1 360, and masterful recover without even stalling by the way!!! LOL... hey!... it's my only highpoint of the race ! I am finding the positive.... ! :-)

Nonetheless, I was not at fault so you may want to ask the other driver before you post.... Who was a gentleman, and after video review by the scrutineers, the discussion was exemplary.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

bro, we all spin. we all make mistakes. we also have great moments.
show me a driver going 10/10ths who hasnt err'd or been punted, or made friends with a tirewall or guardrail and it would be rare company.

Originally Posted by pmcrespo

Old 05-14-2012, 12:16 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Absolutely Steve. We all just shook hands, smiled, discussed and learned from the incident, and are looking forward to the next race together again.

BTW, it was a pleasure to meet and share the track with you chat throughout the weekend.... Congrats on the overall win!!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Pete Debusmann
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Steve

You were awarded the worker's choice award for Sat (A very nice plaque). We couldn't give it to you since you had left. I believe Pete Tremper has it.

Pete
Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

But what we all want to know is, how was the blocking?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:52 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I have some video.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
i thought the cayman battles were excellent.
I was part of these battles and particpated in clean, none blocking racing all weekend. Some hard racing against other Caymans and a few GTC cars as well. Although traffic was a bear at times, most everyone watched their mirrors.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:19 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Did the scruts define blocking before the races and were there any black flags thrown for such?...
Old 05-14-2012, 01:33 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

JR, I did not see any flags for blocking, but did see some "Massa moves". What made little sense was they were typically with different classes and as we caught back up to the field there was a handful of lapped cars that broke up some battles for position. Most of the PCA core group were excellent though and to polite trying to move over even when it affected their in class race.

It is a tough track for giving room to a faster car and an even more challenging track passing higher hp cars and making it stick. You have to get around a faster car at least 4 turns before the front straight to hold them off till T1.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All of the GrandAm drivers and the commentators on TV were saying that this is a very hard track to pass on.
I've never found that to be a problem.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:22 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

^^^ Except during a Grand Am weekend. There were a bunch of races and mixed tire compounds on the track building up a lot of marbles offline where .......... you needed to pass.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:26 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Pete Debusmann
Steve

You were awarded the worker's choice award for Sat (A very nice plaque). We couldn't give it to you since you had left. I believe Pete Tremper has it.

Pete
Well, thats nice to hear. I had a lot of fun; great fun in the paddocks as well.
I coach my U12 son's A flight and daughters' U9A flight soccer programs, and well, as much as i love being strapped down in that recaro, it might sound strange, but i just love love love watching them go to town on the field. my son's team won 5-0 to tie for 2nd in their flight and he had a great game. so it was a great weekend.
soon they go to summer camp, and i have a few WC and PC races im hoping to be at from beginning to end.

weather could not have been nicer, but yeah, i agree, that continental rubber was nasty. always has been the case. doesnt blend well with tacky R6 and michelin rubber.

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 05-14-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Grand-Am Support Race this Weekend