Sponsored by:

VIR PCA ZONE 2 Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:22 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
does that mean you are coming down to VIR?
I'm trying to decide between VIR and WGI. I don't have the vacation time to do both, so we'll see.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
Thanks for the welcoming suggestion! Diffuser and middle sections are fairly easy to remove. The splitter is the more challenging removal as I would have to build some sort of an undertray to maintain the flow to the radiator....

It certainly would rock to drop 200 pounds, take off the few aero pieces, and go get schooled by you guys !!!
Splitter can stay.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:42 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
I'm trying to decide between VIR and WGI. I don't have the vacation time to do both, so we'll see.
i see you're wait listed for WGI anyway. And each race only requires 1 day off of work. Plus I need you to come to VIR so I can have somebody to make fun of. If you don't I am going to use your radio and take the handle "Big Panda"
Old 05-14-2012, 04:06 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
i see you're wait listed for WGI anyway. And each race only requires 1 day off of work. Plus I need you to come to VIR so I can have somebody to make fun of. If you don't I am going to use your radio and take the handle "Big Panda"
I'll come to VIR if I can be "Shake"!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fuenfer
I'll come to VIR if I can be "Shake"!
deal
Old 05-14-2012, 05:39 PM
LUV2SPEED2
Advanced

Now thats funny Doug.... Hope you make it to VIR we need a big Speedwerks contingency
Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BMW Racing

Thanks for the post Dougdep! Looks like the excitement for the VIR Club Race is coming back! Also some have heard that we added a BMW race group to our one DE group and two PCA racer group. I am looking forward to that and I hope others are as well. See you in June.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:18 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Are there any rules against blocking BMWs?

Alex, you need to drum up more H cars, how else are you going to catch on on Rennpoints?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Alex:

Very interesting. Can you expand on the BMW integration? It is somewhat unclear from your post exactly how they will be intermixed (on track at same time or different run groups)?

Last edited by ninjabones; 05-15-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Of course presuming the drive train meets SP3 rules. Guessing the GT rules are more open than SP3.

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
Thanks for the welcoming suggestion! Diffuser and middle sections are fairly easy to remove. The splitter is the more challenging removal as I would have to build some sort of an undertray to maintain the flow to the radiator....

It certainly would rock to drop 200 pounds, take off the few aero pieces, and go get schooled by you guys !!!
Originally Posted by 944Cup
CP: Consider dropping the rear undertray and race in SP3 with the 944 boys.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bella1
Thanks for the post Dougdep! Looks like the excitement for the VIR Club Race is coming back! Also some have heard that we added a BMW race group to our one DE group and two PCA racer group. I am looking forward to that and I hope others are as well. See you in June.
If this is true, it sucks. They will only take track time away from Porsches. This is the Porsche Club. They can race with NASA or BCCsomethingorother.

I vote no!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

up to 89 primary Sprint drivers registered so far. "F" class has a total of 7 now. SP2, SPB, E, and H classes looking solid as well.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paradisenb
If this is true, it sucks. They will only take track time away from Porsches. This is the Porsche Club. They can race with NASA or BCCsomethingorother.

I vote no!
Randy,

They lost money last year. Can't afford to keep doing that. We'll still have plenty of track time. Two PCA race groups, one BMW race group, and one DE group will result in the same amount of track time as we had at Road Atlanta.

I'm not signing up until after the Glen.

Don

Last edited by dbryant61; 05-15-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Right

Originally Posted by MarkM
Are there any rules against blocking BMWs?

Alex, you need to drum up more H cars, how else are you going to catch on on Rennpoints?
I know! Hey I got five points for being there! I wish we could get some of the New Jersey guys but the problem is WGI. There are over 25 H cars at the Glen and that is two weeks before our VIR event. I did both in 2010 but that is more than I want to do this year.

As for points, I will likely only do two races this year with possibly going to Summit Point. So even if Road Atlanta had turned out better, I am sure other H cars will be closer to the top. It is good to see we have so many on the East Coast, and looking forward to seeing you at VIR.

Last edited by bella1; 05-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Now Now!

Originally Posted by paradisenb

I vote no!
Like Don said, the PCA turnout has not been enough to support three groups for the past three years. Last year Zone 2 lost $7,000 and we ran two groups that were not completely full. Based on all the complaints about the heat(which are totally bogus IMO) and whatever else, what would you do? It was determined that we would likely only have enough support for two groups in 2012. Watkins Glen is two weeks prior to VIR, and Parade is in July. These events also contribute to lower turnout.

So we have BMW paying for 25% of the track and the DE group revenue supports the other 25%. If you feel so strongly about PCA only, then you have two options. Become a large sponsor for about $10,000 to $15,000 or get enough PCA Club Racers to commit for a third run group. Personally I think this will be a nice change and I will enjoy meeting some BMW racers.

Quick Reply: VIR PCA ZONE 2 Club Race