Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lilft options for 8' garage

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012 | 06:23 PM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by J richard
I'm assuming the concrete spalled around the baseplate was the product of your prying on the bolt and not anything due to tightening the bolts.
Never pried on it. Tried to tighten, and never would hit 100 lb-ft (note it indicated to retighten every month to b/t 80-117). Bolt came up. Tried to hammer back down and try again. PUlled up again. At this point, the non-threaded portion was visible. So I tried to pull it out by putting a spacer on there and threading down the nut, so it was coming straight up, rather than at an angle.

Not familiar with the epoxy inserts, but regardless, looks like I am going to have to call a concrete company. I may be able to use the concrete inserts on the other column that just had an anchor fail.
Old 04-22-2012 | 06:36 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

I'd unbolt everything and move the columns out of the way. Pull out or pound through the inserts that are loose, go to home depot and ask for a hilti epoxy anchor of the same size and install them. If the expansion anchors are tight for the rest you can use them if they take torque. here's the HILTI stud anchors that would match your bolts:

http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/page/m...&nodeId=-60125

PS: once the holes are too big the expansion type anchors simply don't have enough bite on the wedge section to work, the have a pretty narrow range of hole size that works. Also any pounding on them for alignment will weaken the hold. For soft or cracked concrete, much better solution to use the adhesive type anchors. We use these all the time for retro fit construction, they are very strong, typically the bond is stronger than the surrounding concrete. Make sure they are in the right place before they cure.
Old 04-22-2012 | 06:56 PM
67King
Race Car

Thanks so much for the input. Not sure how thick the concrete is. I ran out of bit depth at about 6" so pounding through isnt an option. Regardless this looks like a good solution.
Old 04-23-2012 | 10:21 AM
007DT
Drifting

You should be able to use a 4 post to stack 2 944's I was told that you need the height of both cars +8". This allows room for the lift and clearance for both cars.

Eagle Lift.
Old 04-23-2012 | 10:35 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by 007DT
You should be able to use a 4 post to stack 2 944's I was told that you need the height of both cars +8". This allows room for the lift and clearance for both cars.

Eagle Lift.
If I had a 9' cieling, I could. Each 944 is about 47.5", and my cieling is about 98". So no luck on that one.

I think I'll be able to get this to work. The cracking issue can't be more than about an inch deep. I think I can repair that easily, then use the Hilti system mentioned above.

Quick Reply: Lilft options for 8' garage