Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HANS Feedback from the manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 851 Posts

Mark, i am sorry you feel this way. I have made no personal attacks on you, yet you have filled this page (and many more) with them.

I was (and am) truly concerned with you going home to your family. Hope is not a strategy, my friend.

I am not going to argue with you about tethers or anything else. You are utterly convinced of your own infallibilitty, regardless of massive evidence & experience to the contrary. No problem, go right ahead. You think you can "beat" someone because they have fixed tethers, and that they hinder vision at speed? Knock yourself out.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:24 PM
4WHLDRFTN
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr

Threads like this are like babysitting my sisters wild kids, and Kibort is their Great Dane running around dragging a bicycle he was tied to.

:
Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Mark, i am sorry you feel this way. I have made no personal attacks on you, yet you have filled this page (and many more) with them.

I was (and am) truly concerned with you going home to your family. Hope is not a strategy, my friend.

I am not going to argue with you about tethers or anything else. You are utterly convinced of your own infallibilitty, regardless of massive evidence & experience to the contrary. No problem, go right ahead. You think you can "beat" someone because they have fixed tethers, and that they hinder vision at speed? Knock yourself out.
if i thought you were genunely concerned , my responses would be differnet. obvsoiusly. there is no infalibility meant here. Only clarification of what is true in my set up. The ring can be debatable, but no one has seen how weak of a spring ring it is. ive tested it for the problems that richard was concerned about. the other things were not pictured as they are in race form. (i.e. helmet height, adjuster position, etc) shame on me for showing them as they causually were to make a point of other issues i saw. the belt sliding over the hans legs is still a HUGE concern. any forward movement at all is a huge problem in accelerating g forces to the body in a crash. do you know why?
Anyway, again, the discussion made me think about the set up and some changes will be made. namely the sliding tethers, as well as the seat.

anyway, the fixed tethers do hurt vision, and it is quite possible that you or others have got used to it. but having tried it for the first time and not being able to see competitors in areas of my car that i normally can see them, is a little dangerous in my opinon. Like in fighter pilots, vision is key. anything that inhibits vision in my opinion, is a bad thing . can you drive around it? oh sure. but for me, its one more variable to remove and make for a safer racing experience. Therefore, for me, ill change out the tethers to the sliding ones.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

You obviously missed my point that unlike you and many others, I do not have a problem with Kibort, his threads or his posts.

So it doesn't bother me in the least that someone is bumping up his threads.
I cannot say the same for you, the others I quoted in that post or a few more that cannot resist the gang pile
On top of that we have those who really want attention by reporting every single little comment that gets their panties in a wad.

Threads like this are like babysitting my sisters wild kids, and Kibort is their Great Dane running around dragging a bicycle he was tied to.

I just find it rather humorous how many of you bump up a thread just to complain about the thread existing.

I'm sure some other moderator will swoop down and stop all the fun any minute now.

Until then, carry on.....where is my popcorn?

In that case, I too will be waiting for some other moderator..

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

Originally Posted by mark kibort
if i thought you were genunely concerned , my responses would be differnet. obvsoiusly. there is no infalibility meant here. Only clarification of what is true in my set up. The ring can be debatable, but no one has seen how weak of a spring ring it is. ive tested it for the problems that richard was concerned about. the other things were not pictured as they are in race form. (i.e. helmet height, adjuster position, etc) shame on me for showing them as they causually were to make a point of other issues i saw. the belt sliding over the hans legs is still a HUGE concern. any forward movement at all is a huge problem in accelerating g forces to the body in a crash. do you know why?
Anyway, again, the discussion made me think about the set up and some changes will be made. namely the sliding tethers, as well as the seat.

anyway, the fixed tethers do hurt vision, and it is quite possible that you or others have got used to it. but having tried it for the first time and not being able to see competitors in areas of my car that i normally can see them, is a little dangerous in my opinon. Like in fighter pilots, vision is key. anything that inhibits vision in my opinion, is a bad thing . can you drive around it? oh sure. but for me, its one more variable to remove and make for a safer racing experience. Therefore, for me, ill change out the tethers to the sliding ones.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

funny!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
In that case, I too will be waiting for some other moderator..

FIFY
Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If anyone in this thread mentions "hp" or "torque", I will have no choice but to unleash Gort.

Back in the good old days, I would have already taken out the trash, threads and members, thus solving the problem.

Why do I keep hearing Barbara Streisand singing 'Memories' ? Oh, never mind.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

GORT! KLAATU BRADA NIKTO KIBORT!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 904 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
funny!
No. What's funny is that you would base racing strategy on what type of tethers someone has on their Hans Device!

That is hilarious!!

Scott
Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
No. What's funny is that you would base racing strategy on what type of tethers someone has on their Hans Device!

That is hilarious!!

Scott
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
4WHLDRFTN
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You obviously missed my point that unlike you and many others, I do not have a problem with Kibort, his threads or his posts.

So it doesn't bother me in the least that someone is bumping up his threads.
I cannot say the same for you, the others I quoted in that post or a few more that cannot resist the gang pile
On top of that we have those who really want attention by reporting every single little comment that gets their panties in a wad.

I just find it rather humorous how many of you bump up a thread just to complain about the thread existing.

I'm sure some other moderator will swoop down and stop all the fun any minute now.

Until then, carry on.....where is my popcorn?
Off Topic is ^ that way. This is Racing and DE. Mod or butt out with the nagging.(been a Rennlist member for 11 years and this is the first time I felt the desire to bitch at a mod) Rennlist Racing and DE is one of the last places where (most of the time) real information and good advice is offered up by people that know what they are talking about. A few people seem to cause most of the dustups and or fail to listen when answers to asked questions are given. You might be confusing a bump with people setting the info right for others that are also reading the thread and at risk of getting bad info.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Off Topic is ^ that way. This is Racing and DE. Mod or butt out with the nagging.(been a Rennlist member for 11 years and this is the first time I felt the desire to bitch at a mod) Rennlist Racing and DE is one of the last places where (most of the time) real information and good advice is offered up by people that know what they are talking about. A few people seem to cause most of the dustups and or fail to listen when answers to asked questions are given. You might be confusing a bump with people setting the info right for others that are also reading the thread and at risk of getting bad info.
I don't think Hacker was "nagging".
Furthermore, it is against the rules for a Moderator to take action in a thread where he/she is an active participant.

Believe me, I would be more than happy to "take out the trash", but I know how it ends.
People get upset about users/members being given "vacations", people complain about how IB and the Mods have ruined Rennlist, etc. Have seen it more times than I care to remember.
(if you want to go back into the history books, a few years back, during the height of the VR vs MK "discussions", I deleted dozens of threads and handed out some temporary vacations.)

The Admin :bowndown: has gone out of his way to be as people friendly as possible (and yes, I was the counterbalance to that position, as I am generally devoid of any emotion or people skills) in order to handle things like this in as light handed a way as possible. PM's are sent to try and discuss issues offline, warnings are issued ... all in an attempt to keep the user/member from "peeing on the forum carpet yet again".

If you feel as though the Mods are "nagging" and not doing their job, I would invite you to send a PM to the Admin (Bob Rouleau) and bring this matter to his attention.
Mention my name, he enjoys pushing the button on my shock collar. I am always willing to take one for the team.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As said I have never felt the need to talk to a mod about anything. Hacker has much time spent in OT, has offered up little with regards to Racing or DE, yet needs to offer advice about bumping grumpy threads. I thought he might have just clicked the wrong forum. If I though there was a systemic issue with mods I would PM but this is not the case. I like this place and how it is run. No big deal all in all. I would say lets get back to the topic but that would be bad advice considering this thread.

Quick Reply: HANS Feedback from the manufacturer