Rennlist Darling Vettel: FIA Could Sanction Vettel

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Sorry, I do not agree with you Narain, and the video proves it. Vettel left room for you, and all you had to do was to go straight. There was enough room at trackout for you to move off of the curbing and not hit Vettel.

Think he reads Rennlist?
Listen, Seb, you young punk (I think at this point we lose the connection between Larry and Seb...), could've just gone straight since you were going to move right for the next corner anyway but you decided to move left, in front of me, for what?

Also, you moved more to the left, than I did to the right (where we both were going to go anyway)...

Seriously Larry, I think the fact that Seb's move to the left was just to "make a point" (right after that he moved to the right where he was going anyway) makes him more guilty than Narain even though he was the one who was lapped.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting that we have it on video and still there is more than one take on it. I see Vettel pinching the turn (hence the mid-corner bobble) to try and stay away from NK. I see no place where Vettel cuts him off. The best would be an overhead shot, but no such luck.

Finn I don't see what the others see in it, but if Vettel did cut him off, then I agree that it was mostly his fault. IMHO the camera just does not show that.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:02 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its funny to read grown mens comments about a race car drivers LOL. who cares who flips who off its an intense sport with many emotions. imo 50/50 cant expect a slow car to just not race at all... and who cares if he spending tons of money to race F1 thats what he likes to do. i dislike vettel but hes a good driver and this Alonso BS is getting very old get over it if u dont like him and if ya do great. no need for insults
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vettel should know how to resolve this kind of issues...
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

NK was in dead effing last place when this incident occured. He could have parked it and not done any worse, why even get that close to the frontrunners?

Blue Flag: There's a race going on and your not in it, get out of the way and don't screw it up.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:55 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
NK was in dead effing last place when this incident occured. He could have parked it and not done any worse, why even get that close to the frontrunners?

Blue Flag: There's a race going on and your not in it, get out of the way and don't screw it up.
^^^^^^^ This. Clear. Plain and simple. He was not in the race. He was just testing. He has a responsibility to not interfer. Do no harm.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:08 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed. Stay to edge of the track and let Vettle resume his racing line. Vettle should not have to sacrifice more time by staying to the right and screwing up two turns to get by him instead of one.

Vettle shouldn't have moved left because there was a right hand turn ahead? Seriously?

It's not like Vettle was going to win every race in his career and I think he's aware of that. He's done pretty good in the races considering his qualifying times. I believe he's pissed because his race was taken away by a last place car being a knucklehead and becoming a factor, not because the car is slow. Hardly an issue of unraveling at the seems.

I got flipped off and called worse my last time at the track and I wasn't even racing. big deal
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

+993

It is not as if these guys have not raced before. If you are off the pace get the hell out of the way. I can imagine the whining and finger pointing if this happened to the 2012 WDC.

Vettel did say something out of frustration and should go to Losers sensitivity training.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eric523
...Vettlel shouldn't have moved left because there was a right hand turn ahead? Seriously?

It's not like Vettle was going to win every race in his career and I think he's aware of that. He's done pretty good in the races considering his qualifying times. I believe he's pissed because his race was taken away by a last place car being a knucklehead and becoming a factor, not because the car is slow. Hardly an issue of unraveling at the seems.

I got flipped off and called worse my last time at the track and I wasn't even racing. big deal
Yes, seriously.

What did he gain by moving slightly (we're talking maybe a foot) over to the left?

He gained a flat tire and losing all the remaining points he would've been able to collect.

I completely understand him being frustrated and all that, and of course backmarkers need to try to be as "invisible" as possible but those lousy and slow cars are still needed there, otherwise there would be 10-14 cars running around and who would like that?

Everyone mocks the little guys but those ****ty teams are vital for F1. Engineers who come from school aren't going to get a job at McLaren or Ferrari, they are going to the little teams to learn and then later they get to the big teams, that's how it works an that's why we need them. Including Vettel, he didn't start at RB either and was being lapped a time or two in past.

I really like Vettel, when Kimi left, I said he's my guy because an liked his attittude and driving. And I totally get that the backmarkers need to try and stay away but the bitching Vettel was doing in a situation where it wasn't so clear who's at fault, is my problem and why I'm "defending" Karun.

Next time, don't try to prove a point, stay clean and collect the few points you can get.

By the way, I fail to see how Seb, by not moving a foot to the left would've ruined the next corner...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:06 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you gain by taking the proper line into the next turn? speed, time, stability, less distance lost to the competitor in front of you... all assuming the backmarker doesn't turn into you of course. A foot is significant at these speeds. Take a foot away from entrance and exit of every turn on a lap and you would lose 10 spots in qualifying. Do you think these pro drivers would really be dropping wheels into the grass and looping the cars under braking going into a corner as often as they do if they weren't concerned about every inch? Have you watched a street race where they put tire marks on the walls? Sure, you could end your race and cause a ton of damage, but it doesn't mean they don't push for the last half an inch every time. Once you no longer do that, you should start looking for another profession.

F1 or not, I would be upset if a backmarker in a club race chopped my line while I was lapping him and chasing another car for position. Doesn't matter what type of car he was driving...

Would I flip him off and call him an idiot? Well, if he turned in and hit me and then blamed it on me, I might consider it. If the race was worth millions, then yes I would. Holding your position and being predictable while being passed is the first thing you learn when getting into racing and open passing situations. Again, there is a race going on and you're not in it.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

Everyone mocks the little guys but those ****ty teams are vital for F1. Engineers who come from school aren't going to get a job at McLaren or Ferrari, they are going to the little teams to learn and then later they get to the big teams, that's how it works an that's why we need them. Including Vettel, he didn't start at RB either and was being lapped a time or two in past.
I have never been a fan of the expanded grid and the necessity to bring back the 107% rule. These teams are, IMHO, not vital to F1.

I would rather see the bottom teams LEAVE F1 and go gain experience in any of the lower formula series (there are plenty to chose from) and then, and only then, participate in F1 when you are at least 'on pace'.
If you are participating in F1 and are clearly well off the pace with little to gain, then the black flag should be displayed and your day is over.

Kids learn this lesson very early in karts as they move up from club to national level competition. Go fast or go home, come back when you're better, faster, smarter.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:50 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, seriously.

What did he gain by moving slightly (we're talking maybe a foot) over to the left?

He gained a flat tire and losing all the remaining points he would've been able to collect.

I completely understand him being frustrated and all that, and of course backmarkers need to try to be as "invisible" as possible but those lousy and slow cars are still needed there, otherwise there would be 10-14 cars running around and who would like that?

I really like Vettel, when Kimi left, I said he's my guy because an liked his attittude and driving. And I totally get that the backmarkers need to try and stay away but the bitching Vettel was doing in a situation where it wasn't so clear who's at fault, is my problem and why I'm "defending" Karun.

Next time, don't try to prove a point, stay clean and collect the few points you can get.

By the way, I fail to see how Seb, by not moving a foot to the left would've ruined the next corner...
Couldn't agree more...
Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys the oracle hath spoken

Petrov thinks Vettel was wrong so it must be true!

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...eyan-incident/

Sebastian Vettel was completely at fault for the incident which cost him any chance of points in Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix. That is the opinion of Vitaly Petrov, who in 2012 is competing with a back-of-the-grid team for the first time.

In the midfield with Renault in 2010 and 2011, Petrov replaced Jarno Trulli at Caterham for the start of this year. He is sure that fellow tail-ender Karthikeyan did nothing wrong, with the double World Champion having labelled the HRT driver ‘cucumber’ and ‘idiot’ in the minutes which followed the race.

Vettel unhappily spoke to the media after the race“Vettel shouldn’t have said anything like that or showed him the finger,” Petrov told Russia’s RIA Novosti. “I understand that it’s the emotions, the race. You can understand situations like that, but you have to control yourself.

“Karthikeyan didn’t do anything unnecessary - didn’t hit him, didn’t change direction sharply. Sebastian overtook him and started to turn. But Narain was going straight.”

Karthikeyan was handed a 20-second time penalty for the incident by FIA race stewards including three-time Grand Prix winner Johnny Herbert.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, seriously.

I agree as well. I like Seb as well but it is to like someone when they are always happy winning. This is a side of Seb I am not keen on. Seb is an excellent driver there is no doubt, but funny how attitudes and emotions change when Mr. Newey has not worked his magic, at least not yet.

Quick Reply: Rennlist Darling Vettel: FIA Could Sanction Vettel