Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

50/50 on that incident and the whiny bitch award goes to red bull and vettel. Vettel took an odd line while at the same time karthkeyan could have moved off his line as well. I have to hand it to karthikeyan though. He didn't back down from button or vettel and their bullying of back markers.

Also vettels reaction makes me more impressed with schumi. Vettel has a couple of good years and gets all whiny when one bad thing happens. Schumi comes back after a career of domination and doesn't seem to be too whiny about it all.

And we have seen vettel be childish in the past. He is like all the other 20 something f1 drivers out there who have had a taste of victory.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Vettel clearly moved to the left before he cleared NK. If he would have given a bit more room, there wouldn't have been any collision.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Where was it clear that NK "held his line"? Where he came off of trackout, moved right and hit Vettel?
The line was coming back to the right after track out. Look at the drying path and the car in front of both of them. Vettel was driving straight to apex of next corner and not turn in when they touched.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
[B]F1: FIA Could Sanction Vettel
Reigning World Champion Sebastian Vettel may be on the wrong side of Formula One's governing body....
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...vettel-gesture

F1's governing body has played down claims Sebastian Vettel faces a penalty for his behavior during the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
I have to hand it to karthikeyan though. He didn't back down from button or vettel and their bullying of back markers.
Nothing brave about always being in the way. This is the highest level of professional motorsport. Narain could just sit at home on his couch and pencil himself in as 25th instead of 24th every weekend. Think of the money he'd save.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,033 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Vettel moved over, Karthikeyan was holding his line. Very clear in the video.
Raj, we've had to put up with your cheerleading for a week about an improbable Alonso win, but your myopia has shifted to being totally blind. Look at the position of Kartakain's tires.... almost on the curbs to suddenly 1/2 a car length to his right and into Vettel.

I'm going to say goodbye to you now Raj for the remainder of the 2012 season because I can't see you coming back for another Alonso win until possibly 2013.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:09 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

The line was coming back to the right after track out. Look at the drying path and the car in front of both of them. Vettel was driving straight to apex of next corner and not turn in when they touched.
Totally disagree. If it was a 13/13 situation Narian had Vettel along side and moving into him. Look at the video again and see how much room Narian had in front of him on the strips and pavement. He was not running out of room or anything of that nature to warrant a sudden move to the right.

I can't think of a reason why he would move over like that anyway??

Regarding Vettels reaction, who amongst you haven't been frustrated on track by another's dumb move?

Regarding flipping the bird, I remember Alonso flipping Schumacher the bird as Schumacher was leading the race and his engine blew at Suzuka gifting the lead and WDC to ALonso. Classy as always Alonso have MS the middle finger as he drove past. Stay classy "Nando".
Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

It wasn't a sudden move it was staying on the line by karthekeyan. That's why I give it a 50/50 fault. Vettel is coming up on a guy who just had traction issues the previous corner and drives the guy tight? Wtf was vettel thinking as well.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 AM
JClark
Instructor

Since when does giving another driver the finger and calling him an idiot draw the scorn of Rennlist? This happens every weekend worldwide. Welcome to racing.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:21 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

It wasn't a sudden move it was staying on the line by karthekeyan. That's why I give it a 50/50 fault. Vettel is coming up on a guy who just had traction issues the previous corner and drives the guy tight? Wtf was vettel thinking as well.
watch it in regular speed, not slow motion as is seen on the first page of this thread.

Regardless, it's a non issue. The fact the FIA is commenting on something that wasnt' even televised is a joke. These are grown men and if you can't handle being called a cucumber..... (BTW, it that sometype of put down in German that isn't 100% evident to all of us??
Old 03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Raj, we've had to put up with your cheerleading for a week about an improbable Alonso win, but your myopia has shifted to being totally blind. Look at the position of Kartakain's tires.... almost on the curbs to suddenly 1/2 a car length to his right and into Vettel.

I'm going to say goodbye to you now Raj for the remainder of the 2012 season because I can't see you coming back for another Alonso win until possibly 2013.
My whole point of posting this was to show everyone that people do things in the heat of the moment. We often chastize certain drivers, but most act similarly. They are very competitive and get frustrated with lack of results.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 PM
dp35
Pro

I see this one as 50/50 on both drivers.

What I'm really sick of is this HRT team in general. Third year in F1 and they still build cars at the track barely (or not) in time for the 1st GP practice session, with zero testing, and continue to struggle to make 107%. When NK got in the way of first Button & then Vettel, I found myself cussing at those slow & unprepared cars that don't belong in F1. Racers like us at the lowest levels don't race with this level of preparation & testing, yet somehow its allowed in F1. Enough already!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Also vettels reaction makes me more impressed with schumi. Vettel has a couple of good years and gets all whiny when one bad thing happens. Schumi comes back after a career of domination and doesn't seem to be too whiny about it all.
+1000. The way of the truly great ones.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with a 50:50 on this one. I think Vettel is just starting to come apart at the seams.
Expect more of this if their pace doesn't improve.

Quick Reply: Rennlist Darling Vettel: FIA Could Sanction Vettel