NASA - PRC - GTS- x rules NORCAL - question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
Mark:

As far as I know, the Porsche Racing Club has never issued any type of logbook. Since I helped start the PRC, and have written the rules since the beginning in 2001-2002, I am pretty sure of this. So you will need a NASA logbook.

A few other things to note:

The NASA CCR spells out what you have to do if your safety equipment has ever been used... that is if you were ever in an accident with the gear. I am not sure if those requirements apply to any of your gear, but I recommend reviewing the rules carefully just in case.

As you may know, a few years ago, PCA changed its class structure. Now there is an index of performance based on engine type and along with engine displacement and the vehicle's weight, you use that to determine a GT class. It is all spelled out in the PCA rules document.

As far as fuel cells go, the NASA Porsche Racing Challenge Series Rules include language specifying requirements. It is theoretically possible to have a cell which meets these requirements along with PCA requirements, but does NOT meet NASA CCR requirements. As far as I know, you must meet full NASA CCR fuel cell requirements to race in the NASA GTS class.

- MM
i was going to say i have a NASA log book, which i do, but its for the other chassis i was running, so i will have to start from scratch, unless you let me use the POC log book or SCCA log book which are current from the past 3 years of racing this chassis.

as was mentioned, i think nasa will allow stock tanks in some circumstances. T1 for example , uses stock tanks and i think can run in the GTS run group with SU, and the rest of the racer groups. PRC i thought was more PCA oriented, but i guess it isnt. there are stock classes that run in PRC that have stock tanks so, if they had to follow NASA rules, the rules would have to have exceptions.

thanks for the info Mike. really looking forward to seeing the old gang out there. Stevenson running again, in the pirate racer???

Quick Reply: NASA - PRC - GTS- x rules NORCAL - question