HANS device 2005 model modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
S0 let me get this straight:

1. You think your old, been through a crash seat, is still good.
2. The seat your trying to set the system up with sucks.
3. You think putting some random wire ring around your harnesses is ok.
4. You still haven't changed the location of the adjusters on your harness.
5. Your seating angle is probably off for the model hans you have.
6. Your harness bar position looks wrong to everyone that has looked at the pictures you posted.
7. You argue that you have a 2005 hans, yet someone who has sold them from the beginning told you a model 650 is from around 2000.

So, pretty much nothing is correct in your system, but you blame the hans? You need professional help.
1. Read the posts . youre being an idiot . why is it so hard to understand? the seat is fine, there is a chance that side panel could be cracked, but there is no visual cue to that.most of the impact was frontal, but inough side to break ribs and that is not much force.

2. the seat i have now doesnt suck, its a little more reclined than i would like, but it is very comfortabel and provides good control and driving position. other than the "chance" that it has issues due to the crash, the only problem is how the angle works with the HANS

3. radom wire?lots of folks ive seen and talked to have used some type of rubberband or wire to keep the belts together. what i have used doesnt effect belt tension on or off. its there to keep the belts from adjusting off the shoulders if you move around. read this again , if you are confused.

4. location of the adjsters are at the very end of the tails of the HANS. as i mentioned i lowered them an inch and it felt a lttle better. both spots were within the design specs.

STILL WITH ME>>>>>>> ADD boys, stay tuned, almost done.

5. no, the hans is perfectly in spec for the model seat i have and its recline position.

6. the harness bar is not wrong by only a few that dont see the angle of it. they are guessing it could be a problem. the spec is horizontal, to 20 degrees below. ITS ABOUT 10degrees now. I wouldnt want to change that angle. its in the rule books, and its in spec and is near perfect.
READ above the again if you dont understand the first time.

7. that "SOMEONE" that said the HANS is from 2000, is VR Dave whoi is the leader of the conspiracy theory. This idiot doesnt understand that a picture is worth a thousand words, and another several pictures of others that have bought the same HANS device , show the device is from 2005. My BMW racer bud, who bought his in 2005, has the same device. is this getting a little redundant. THE only person here that thinks the device is from 2000 is DAVE, no one else, but you knew this, right??

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
+7.

But remember, Matt, it is an "FAI" [sic] seat. Whatever the FAI is.

As the line in Cool Hand Luke says, some men you just can't reach.
Dumbass, FAI was a Typo, it is FIA. You are the one that cant be reached, my little big man friend. the device is year 2005, its not counterfit, it has not been recertified, and it is the same as several other devices owned by guys here and local to me, but then, thats not enough proof for the town conspiracy theorist.

Originally Posted by onefastviking
And don't forget that he asks for discussion on his issue but then just attempts to discredit EVERYONE else for any help they try to offer.

Every village has one, we have MK here at Rennlist.
You dont get it, do you! the information from the folks that have experince, im using. its the hecklers, or non-racers are the ones im ignoring or fighting against.. you have to ask yourself, which one are you??
Old 03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

One last post to make sure the hecklers have it right.

the seat could be comprimzed from the crash, but that is not the issue here. (my choice and risk and i believe its minimal for what the damage can be to the seat)

the harness bar is about 1" lower than the top of the hans path for the belts. exactly like any example routing ive seen . near perfect. if you look at the location of the belt holes in the seat vs the horizonatal bar, its about a few milimeters lower than the openings. my shouldes are just at that height and with the hans on, its about 1" higher. alll in spec.

the hans is 2005, as shown by its FIA certification, NOT a recertification. orignial FIA cert. also matches others here that have the same year and model without wings. could have been a mid year production change.

the seat does fit very well in this race car. it wouldnt be a seat that would work in a BMW for example, due to the pedal and steering wheel lay out. ive built quite a few of these race cars, all dreams to drive and very safe. alll of them. great cages, and well perfoming race cars. However, my next seat will be more containment, and less angle. not a safety thing, but personal prefernce.

the entire discussion is the comparison about the old hans, and a seat with some reclination. it seems to allow some forarward movement , even when really strapped down tightly. people that know me , know im strong enough to crush someone in a seat with the belt straps, so its tight! the angle of the seat seems to be the major contributor to this, and im going to check this out with another race car to see if that feeling of forwad movemnt is a HANS thing or only a seat recline angle thing. spec wise, the belts angle and attachments, as well as the FIA seat , is all within good design setup ranges.

so dont post or heckle if you have to contradict the above information. if you have some knowledge of the situation. (ie, old hans, your experience) post away . ive appreciated the comments thus far and have use some points to make the fit better. in the end, the seat will be on its way out. not immediately, but in the next month or two, so stop with the seat advice. its not dangeous, and is in spec.

so funny to hear of all this critical saftey concern from Dave (VR) who is a DE instructor and rides along in powerful cars, at high speed at race tracks, in a tee shirt and lap belts holding on to the leather door handle for his life!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Thread closed.

Quick Reply: HANS device 2005 model modification