AiM Data Sessions are AMAZING!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:52 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default SOLO upgrade

Paul

I just upgraded a unit as well. What I found is that it needs to see satellites then it gives you the arrows to scroll thru your pages, strange. The listed upgrades in the release history looks like these are good changes.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:44 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,062 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by amso3
Peter

I was trying to set up a video this weekend using Long G as a choice in the brake config in Smarty Manager. It didn't seem to let me set a range so that I could use something like 1 G as the "full brake" measure. I didn't totally sort it out because I was working data on about 6 cars. Any pointers? I'm going to Watkins Glen next week and want to get this working properly. It did work great in the data analysis, just need to sort out the video.

Thanks
Jerry, I've been using this for a little while with mixed success. The problem is my choice is either 1g or 2g. 1g is too sensitive, because a a big lift off throttle at higher RPM's could register up to 1/3 scale braking force! 2g is not enough for people that aren't used to using the brakes to the maximum (1.1-1.5g negative).

Will keep working on that. For now, I'm just looking at the numerical reading in the longg portion of the friction circle. Making sure it's sudden, strong and even across the entire braking zone. Also, not using the braking bar on the SC background unless I have brake pressure input from a late model car, like not using the throttle position unless I have that input.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by amso3
Paul

I just upgraded a unit as well. What I found is that it needs to see satellites then it gives you the arrows to scroll thru your pages, strange. The listed upgrades in the release history looks like these are good changes.
nope, i was sitting by the window and i had satellites to show up on the screen, 9 or 10, then i press button to change the screen and as it 'hops' into 'performance' screen 'arrows' buttons icons changed into '---' and remained such forever, for 5 min or so at least as i was watching tv and gave it some time.
also, if you choose 'preformance' mode - in the menu itself you cannot see 'display setup' option at all and cannot configure custom screens. odd.

plus, smartycam screen never came back and i need it as i use it all the time to stop recording when i do not want it, it is a very convinient interface, no idea why they decided to drop it off completely. all in all something seems strange about this last firmware. i will wait for next one, if it will come or will stay with 46.2.10. also, i used point to point markers in the 46.2.10 version and it worked fine and overall i did not have any issues with it yet. seems to work fine.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Converting Long G to Brake profile

We've had some discussions about using Longitudinal G as a source of Brake data.

The following shows a lap using RS 2 Analysis. The graph is Speed, Longitudinal G (in the early SOLO units, this was labeled as Latitudinal G), the the "Brake" which was derived using a math channel.

The second picture shows the math channel that needs to be created in your RS2 Analysis.

What this does is to create a brake trace that is not cluttered with the throttle influence on Long G. To build this math channnel in your RS 2, replace the "ACC_Laterale" with the channel in your data that provides Longitudinal G.

I'll work on this further to see if I can get a good Throttle trace from this data.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: AiM Data Sessions are AMAZING!