Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:47 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

give me a hand guys. what do i need to run with PCA laguna at the end of the month. Its been a long time since ive run PCA races, so i forgot if i needed to get a license, or if the SCCA license would work.
techwise, all we need is really HANs vs the rules 5-10 years ago? passenger side containment net?

the cost for the weekend is actually less than SCCA and the SCCA groups ITE and the new AV8SS have been cut down to almost no real racing. racing with my porsche brothers would be fun again!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:26 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
give me a hand guys. what do i need to run with PCA laguna at the end of the month. Its been a long time since ive run PCA races, so i forgot if i needed to get a license, or if the SCCA license would work.
techwise, all we need is really HANs vs the rules 5-10 years ago? passenger side containment net?

the cost for the weekend is actually less than SCCA and the SCCA groups ITE and the new AV8SS have been cut down to almost no real racing. racing with my porsche brothers would be fun again!
Contact Susan Shire, her number's are at the bottom of this linkded page:

http://www.pca.org/portals/0/images/...ion%20Form.pdf
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Contact Susan Shire, her number's are at the bottom of this linkded page:

http://www.pca.org/portals/0/images/...ion%20Form.pdf
thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised only 37 registered so far.

JR: What's your car weigh? (Trying to size up the competition in 3R) And when are you gong to get your butt back to Sears Point for a race? It's not that much longer a tow, but a lot more fun track to race at (IMO).
Old 04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tom W
I'm surprised only 37 registered so far.

JR: What's your car weigh? (Trying to size up the competition in 3R) And when are you gong to get your butt back to Sears Point for a race? It's not that much longer a tow, but a lot more fun track to race at (IMO).
Tom I suspect you, me, and Mr. Willard are going to have some close, fun racing there. I could be as light as 2524 according to the formula but I'm 125 lbs heavier.

We (POC) are scheduled to run with you (PRC) at Sears in late October at the Porsche's at the point event. I'm hoping to get here with you in June for a refresher as it's been 6 or so years....
Old 04-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JR: Looking forward to it. Gary and I are both about 2400 (with 285 rwhp). I haven't run at LS in 4 years or more and never with my car as it is now (it was basically a PCA improved class when I ran there). Gary thinks 1:35's are possible in our cars at LS . It will be fun to see what we can do.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:04 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tom W
JR: Looking forward to it. Gary and I are both about 2400 (with 285 rwhp). I haven't run at LS in 4 years or more and never with my car as it is now (it was basically a PCA improved class when I ran there). Gary thinks 1:35's are possible in our cars at LS . It will be fun to see what we can do.
2 years ago I did a 135.0x in qual. I was hoping to break into the 34's this past August but blew a PP/clutch before qual and that was that. At 103 db we should all be into the 35's and maybe break into the 34's. I'm really looking forward to this event. Hope we get good weather......
Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
2 years ago I did a 135.0x in qual. I was hoping to break into the 34's this past August but blew a PP/clutch before qual and that was that. At 103 db we should all be into the 35's and maybe break into the 34's. I'm really looking forward to this event. Hope we get good weather......
I was there! I remember. I had some crap tires, but was able to keep you leading the small group, insight, but got boned by the bmer at the start at turn 2, and spent the entire race catching back up. maybe i can give you a race now with some better meats! im still only in the 36s, but can probalby break out the slicks! we will see. I just want to get out there with you guys again. that was fun.

havent heard back from susan , email or phone and time is tick'en. if they make me buy a race license, ill probably pass and just do the AV8SS or ITE in group 3.

should be awesome!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:26 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 800 Likes on 397 Posts

if they [PCA] make me buy a race license, ill probably pass and just do the AV8SS or ITE in group 3.
Can you not be bothered to look at a rule book???????????

From page 1 (come on, page 1 for crying out loud!!!!) of the 2012 PCA rule book:

PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS

1. All participants in a PCA Club Race must be PCA members in good standing.

2. All participants in a PCA Club Race must hold a current PCA Club Racing License, and be a competitor in good standing.

Jeez.....

Scott
Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
Can you not be bothered to look at a rule book???????????

From page 1 (come on, page 1 for crying out loud!!!!) of the 2012 PCA rule book:

PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS

1. All participants in a PCA Club Race must be PCA members in good standing.

2. All participants in a PCA Club Race must hold a current PCA Club Racing License, and be a competitor in good standing.

Jeez.....

Scott
sometimes clubs make some exceptions for "one offs" . and im a little too busy these days for rule books. you guys are better sources .

I dont think its worth $100 license and $60 club fee plus the $500 entry fee for one race with PCA. However, im still thinking about it.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 793 Posts

im a little too busy these days for rule books.
Says it all.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Says it all.
Your posts are reflective of someone with small complex in most all human personality and physical catagories. Pushed around as a 1st grader? is that it. pissed you cant finish a race without ending up in the sand trap or pointing backward. " those that can...... those that cant.....". type of issues?

Feel better? professional help might work to aleviate the need to put others down to build yourself up?? Im continually amazed with the fequency for which you make these types of posts.

By the way, I have the rule books. I like to ask the list just to make sure I havent missed something.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

I dont think its worth $100 license and $60 club fee plus the $500 entry fee for one race with PCA. However, im still thinking about it.
Me too..... Long drive for very little actual track time but it's Laguna at 103 db and I really want to see if I can break into the 34's....

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race at Laguna Seca