PCA Club Race at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:28 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh
PCA has their own run group.

I've signed up for both SCCA (PC) and PCA (GTC5) un groups to get more track time. Should be a fun weekend.. hopefully car doesn't take to long to setup on Michelins. Never ran them on the 2011.

-mike
You'll like the Michelins and they like a little more camber. Get the larger ones....

Mike do you have to run the Michelin's? Couldn't you just run GTA with the Yokes or Pirellis?....
Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
You'll like the Michelins and they like a little more camber. Get the larger ones....

Mike do you have to run the Michelin's? Couldn't you just run GTA with the Yokes or Pirellis?....
Ya, but the Michelins are faster.. and I like going fast! If I can line up a seat in a GTC car before the PCA weekend I'll reclass the car in GTA and run Yokohamas (for cheating bastard practice).

Depending on the car setup requirements, I'll probably bring a set of Yokohamas mounted either way and might run those for the SCCA group and the Michelins for the PCA group. If I can dial the car in for both with just small ride height changes that's easy to do in the pits.. I wouldn't make my guys re-string it between races though. :-)

-mike
Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I''l be there too. Can't wait to meet some of the Nor Cal racers.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:34 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mobonic
I''l be there too. Can't wait to meet some of the Nor Cal racers.
What's the latest with your ECU issues?....
Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

I've signed up for both SCCA (PC) and PCA (GTC5) un groups to get more track time. Should be a fun weekend.. hopefully car doesn't take to long to setup on Michelins. Never ran them on the 2011.

-mike
GREAT! sounds like an awesome weekend!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Would be great to race without the fear of getting black flagged, but for me it's too long of a tow for 2 sessions per day. Have fun up there!

Anyone here doing the Festival of Speed?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M
Would be great to race without the fear of getting black flagged, but for me it's too long of a tow for 2 sessions per day. Have fun up there!
Why don't you sign up for a SCCA run group as well?

-mike
Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

not in the budget, hopefully I'll be there in August with POC
Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Cory M

Anyone here doing the Festival of Speed?
It's Laguna at 103 db. Pretty rare opportunity and I want to see what I can do there without 75lbs. of mufflers....

Festival of Speed will have maybe 40 race cars, only 28 currently. POC @ Willow Springs (same weekend) will have 100+ race cars and the opportunity to win Yokohama's via their contingency program. Not so with the Festival of Speed....
Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

It's Laguna at 103 db. Pretty rare opportunity and I want to see what I can do there without 75lbs. of mufflers....

Festival of Speed will have maybe 40 race cars, only 28 currently. POC @ Willow Springs (same weekend) will have 100+ race cars and the opportunity to win Yokohama's via their contingency program. Not so with the Festival of Speed....
Thats why I stared racing with SCCA. great comp at the time, and 6 races per year, sometimes 7 at Laguna Seca , at 103db. basically, my car with straight pipes and a single see through can muffler at the end.

Im debating on racing with PCA, instead of the unlimited group with V8supercars and the ITE guys. the porsche race might be fun. I wonder if i can one race of each . PCA require a side net this season? I dont think so, as I ran with POC and they didnt have that requirement. my pca license is expired, will they allow SCCA licenses??
Old 03-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,548 Likes on 818 Posts

-mike
Ya, but the Michelins are faster.. and I like going fast! If I can line up a seat in a GTC car before the PCA weekend I'll reclass the car in GTA and run Yokohamas (for cheating bastard practice).

Depending on the car setup requirements, I'll probably bring a set of Yokohamas mounted either way and might run those for the SCCA group and the Michelins for the PCA group. If I can dial the car in for both with just small ride height changes that's easy to do in the pits.. I wouldn't make my guys re-string it between races though. :-)

-mike
Mike, IMO just refer to PMNA specs for the Cup, since they set up with Michelin in mind. Yokes aren't that far off, but as JR said the Michelins like more camber.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:37 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Mike, IMO just refer to PMNA specs for the Cup, since they set up with Michelin in mind. Yokes aren't that far off, but as JR said the Michelins like more camber.

Laguna is smooth, but doesn't have great grip. I've never driven Barber, but the driver's interviewed yesterday at the GA race were talking about how slippery the track was even though it was smooth. Same conditions at Laguna and you could see they had tons of camber in the cups....
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,548 Likes on 818 Posts

Laguna is smooth, but doesn't have great grip. I've never driven Barber, but the driver's interviewed yesterday at the GA race were talking about how slippery the track was even though it was smooth. Same conditions at Laguna and you could see they had tons of camber in the cups....
Yeah, I have always found Barber to be grippier than Laguna. Perhaps the situation yesterday is due to incompatibility between Indy Car rubber and Michelin/Continental (Hoosier) rubber?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yeah, I have always found Barber to be grippier than Laguna. Perhaps the situation yesterday is due to incompatibility between Indy Car rubber and Michelin/Continental (Hoosier) rubber?
I'm sure Leh was wishing he was on Michelins when that Ferrari filled his mirrors at the end....
Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I'm sure Leh was wishing he was on Michelins when that Ferrari filled his mirrors at the end....
That was some good stuff!

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race at Laguna Seca