Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kimi & Vettel to drive "reasonably priced car" on Top Gear.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012 | 04:10 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Exclamation Kimi & Vettel to drive "reasonably priced car" on Top Gear.

Heads up F1 & Top Gear fans, Kimi will be driving Liana on Top Gear episode that airs on 11th, there's no way I'm missing that!
unfortunately I don't know if it's only driving or also an interview, I think Jeremy interviewing Kimi has a lot of potential...

Vettel will be doing the same on following week.
Old 03-01-2012 | 05:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Can't wait for Brian to make it available for download ...
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-01-2012 | 05:37 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Vettel would be the first return visit for an F1 driver IIRC. Kimi's interview sounds hilarious already, although Clarkson does tend to behave himself with the F1 drivers.
Old 03-01-2012 | 05:43 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

I CANNOT wait. We use UK VPN so watch it ON the Sunday. Family event.
Old 03-01-2012 | 08:21 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BC
I CANNOT wait. We use UK VPN so watch it ON the Sunday. Family event.
Me too, works great.
Old 03-01-2012 | 10:05 PM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Do they stream it from BBC? I have a Netherlands VPN...
Old 03-02-2012 | 10:40 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Yep, go to bbc.uk I think, search top gear.
Old 03-02-2012 | 11:52 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Not to pirate this thread, but how does a UK VPN work? I assume I select a provider, pay a monthly bill, and stream to a PC? If so, what vendors do you recommend?

Thanks,
-B
Old 03-02-2012 | 01:47 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

According to Wikipedia, Kimi will be on the 11 March episode and that's the last of the series. No indication that Vettel will be back. Maybe just a re-airing of the original Vettel episode?
Old 03-02-2012 | 02:26 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blake
Not to pirate this thread, but how does a UK VPN work? I assume I select a provider, pay a monthly bill, and stream to a PC? If so, what vendors do you recommend?

Thanks,
-B
Basically, yes. UK proxy is what I use. If you google it, several come up. They are specificially in business to allow this, though technically I am not sure how happy BBC is.

The reason is that in the UK you pay a TV license fee to watch BBC, which is commercial free essentially.

Anyway - you pay your fee, and you are given proxy info which you input into your choice of browser. What the proxy does is to give you a "personal pipe" to their own servers, and from there, you access BBC iplayer (or ITV if you like britains got talent ) and because you are accessing from their network, you have a "UK IP address" and your location shows up as Britain.

To me, for the cost (even double the cost) it is well worth both the TV shows and races I watch. It will be even more usable when I get the web-active TV for the family room.
Old 03-02-2012 | 02:50 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BC
It will be even more usable when I get the web-active TV for the family room.
For this, I recommend the Western Digital TV Live: http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

Only costs 100 bucks.

It's what I have in my living room - it's handy for netflix, online audio streaming, etc.
Old 03-02-2012 | 03:40 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Serge944
For this, I recommend the Western Digital TV Live: http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

Only costs 100 bucks.

It's what I have in my living room - it's handy for netflix, online audio streaming, etc.
Thank you. I made a quick scan of the page, but if you know this, I'd like to find out - does it directly serve up the internet through a URL? The reason is that those services it lists will not do what we just spoke about - the UK VPN, etc. I understand proprietary access to those services, but I am concerned over direct connection to the WWW.

I suppose I could just do that through a nice dell tower, but....
Old 03-02-2012 | 07:11 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BC
Basically, yes. UK proxy is what I use. If you google it, several come up. They are specificially in business to allow this, though technically I am not sure how happy BBC is.

The reason is that in the UK you pay a TV license fee to watch BBC, which is commercial free essentially.

Anyway - you pay your fee, and you are given proxy info which you input into your choice of browser. What the proxy does is to give you a "personal pipe" to their own servers, and from there, you access BBC iplayer (or ITV if you like britains got talent ) and because you are accessing from their network, you have a "UK IP address" and your location shows up as Britain.

To me, for the cost (even double the cost) it is well worth both the TV shows and races I watch. It will be even more usable when I get the web-active TV for the family room.
Thanks BC. I spent some time searching and found a plethora of UK-VPN options... Definitely planning to look into it.

-B
Old 03-02-2012 | 09:24 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BC
Thank you. I made a quick scan of the page, but if you know this, I'd like to find out - does it directly serve up the internet through a URL? The reason is that those services it lists will not do what we just spoke about - the UK VPN, etc. I understand proprietary access to those services, but I am concerned over direct connection to the WWW.

I suppose I could just do that through a nice dell tower, but....
Or you could try something like this - http://www.diamondmm.com/WPCTV1080H.php

Wireless connection from your notebook PC to your TV. Easy to use and the quality is pretty good.
Old 03-03-2012 | 02:05 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

www.finalgear.com

Episodes available almost immediately after airing in the UK. I've watched standard def episodes as early as 4-430PM Pacific time. We usually wait for the 720 torrent, and watch about 6PM.

Quick Reply: Kimi & Vettel to drive "reasonably priced car" on Top Gear.