Sponsored by:

Danica's debut

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
I bet you end up in the position to eat those words but won't admit to it when the time comes.

DP may not end up a champ but she is far from a hack.
+1. Very far -- she'd out-drive anyone here.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If anyone here was given the training she has had from childhood, I bet they could beat her. When are you people going to see through the hype? She's a middle-of-the-pack driver at best, although the media has her pegged as AJ Foyt, Richard Petty, and Michael Schumacher rolled into one. If it weren't for the small woman bits, you wouldn't have heard her name mentioned. I didn't hear the names of anyone she was driving with at the back of the pack. Root for her all you want if that's your thing, I'll be rooting for the ones who actually compete for the championship.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kurt M
I bet you end up in the position to eat those words but won't admit to it when the time comes. .
I seriously doubt that I will have to eat my words, but if she were to win the championship, I would say that I am totally surprised and congradulations to her. I just don't see that happening. I don't have a problem giving someone their due when they have earned it, but I do have a problem with treating Danika as the second coming when there is nothing to justify that stance.

Last edited by Land Jet; 02-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:42 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
I seriously doubt that I will have to eat my words, but if she were to win the championship, I would say that I am totally surprised and congradulations to her. I just don't see that happening. I don't have a problem giving someone their due when they have earned it, but I do have a problem with treating Danika as the second coming when there is nothing to justify that stance.
First time I've ever responded to one of these DP threads but I just couldn't let this one pass. "If she were to win a championship...." Seriously, that's how you're going to judge her success? Who are you, Ricky Bobby's dad? What was the last race YOU won?

Root for her all you want if that's your thing, I'll be rooting for the ones who actually compete for the championship.
Wow....
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

add me to the camp of unimpressed fans.
not sure why she is so celebrated. she's 30 years old with 14 years and 200 races under her belt. what has she done? 1 win? a handful of poles? where is all this talent?

not a huge NASCAR or INDY fan here, but it seems to me the only time i ever hear about danica patrick is when she's plugging some product on TV, or getting into fights in pit lane.

i'd love for someone to explain to me how she's so good, but until then, i'll continue thinking she's she's a below-average professional.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
4WHLDRFTN
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ might be why all the hype,,, "handful of poles"
Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4WHLDRFTN
"handful of poles"
now that's just funny right there!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Danica and Dale Jr

Stopped by Monday morning to say hello!
Attached Images  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone here was given the training she has had from childhood, I bet they could beat her. .
Agree completely!

Problem is, I just got too distracted. First, I knew full well that I could beat Bob Gibson. Then Joe Montana. Then Michael Jordan. THen Wayne Gretzky. Then Tiger Woods.

Nevermind that I've never played hockey, basketball, or golf in any organized manner. I'm a fan, and I watch enough on TV to know.

Unbelievable.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Doug007
Racer

As such a high profile rookie, and like it or not, as a woman, Danica is gonna get a lot of "love bumps" in her first NASCAR season. Hopefully Go Daddy is putting up plenty of money because I have a feeling that team is going to go through a lot of cars!

It doesn't help that she doesn't have experience with the "rubbing is racing" attitude coming from the open wheel world. I have a feeling she will learn quickly, but the budget for car repairs is gonna be hurting!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:06 PM
DanR
Drifting

If anyone here was given the training she has had from childhood, I bet they could beat her. .
I will take that bet..... name the price!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Agree completely!

Problem is, I just got too distracted. First, I knew full well that I could beat Bob Gibson. Then Joe Montana. Then Michael Jordan. THen Wayne Gretzky. Then Tiger Woods.

Nevermind that I've never played hockey, basketball, or golf in any organized manner. I'm a fan, and I watch enough on TV to know.

Unbelievable.
Well played.....
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Agree completely!

Unbelievable.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

If anyone here was given the training she has had from childhood, I bet they could beat her. When are you people going to see through the hype? She's a middle-of-the-pack driver at best, although the media has her pegged as AJ Foyt, Richard Petty, and Michael Schumacher rolled into one. If it weren't for the small woman ****, you wouldn't have heard her name mentioned. I didn't hear the names of anyone she was driving with at the back of the pack. Root for her all you want if that's your thing, I'll be rooting for the ones who actually compete for the championship.
fixed it for ya!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Agree completely!

Unbelievable.
You forgot Ali. I could have rope-a-doped that chump if I knew how to box...

Quick Reply: Danica's debut