Sponsored by:

Danica's debut

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:55 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Finally somebody says what I have been saying for long time. She is talented enough, etc etc and I dont give a hoot what she makes as that is beween her sponsors and her.

She gets too much attention for her performance level - or said another way WINS.

She is way down in the field and they go ask her about the "race up front." How in the hell does she know.

In the RL OT threads , and others , they think she is going to blow these hillbillys away with her superior skills --- uh not! These guys are the best drivers in the world in a NASCAR car.

But I did get a crawfish lunch today from some office girls who have to work tomorrow as a result of their bet with me on Danica in the Top 10 at Daytona as "they" told the girls that Danica was "better than most of the field."

Hell up in the OT thread they were opining that DW didnt know enough to comment on her. That is only a guy with 30 years NASCAR driving experience, many many wins, Nascar titles, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and a whole buttload of 600 mile wins vs Danica, hmmmm, lets see ... well somebody wrecked her and it is not her fault. But she could have won if ............. please! You dont have to like DW but the man knows his way around NASCAR racing and has the wins to prove it.

Anyway Andretti says it best in the following article today ...............

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...indycar-030112

" Andretti, Patrick's former car owner in IndyCar, says the series is better off, in some respects, without her.

''I think we're strong in our own way,'' said Andretti, who still is a team owner in the series. ''Yeah, we lost Danica, but I'm not sure that's going to be negative. I think she brought a lot of good stuff, but she brought a lot of other things that really took away from the rest of our series. And I don't think that's healthy. And I think NASCAR's going to find that.''

Patrick has left IndyCar and will concentrate full-time on her NASCAR career this season.

Andretti went out of his way to make it clear that his comments weren't meant as a criticism of Patrick, but rather a criticism of the amount of media attention she receives at the expense of other drivers. "

''It became all about her,'' Andretti said. ''Even our racing was secondary. I mean, to talk about her finishing 12th in the field, it was taking away from our real stars that we have that really were not getting the billing they should get.''
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Andretti went out of his way to make it clear that his comments weren't meant as a criticism of Patrick, but rather a criticism of the amount of media attention she receives at the expense of other drivers. "'
Andretti is full of $hit. This is a business and attention gets $$ in the door. Hopefully Rubens can get some of the spot light on Indy car because if he doesn't, they're in trouble.

This is No different from when golf ratings went through the roof when Tiger went pro. Granted Tiger won and she only has 1 win to her name, but at the end of the day, she is going to make a lot of red necks on the NASCAR circuit rich.

Attention = $$ <<<<-------------- Bottom line ____________________
Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Not to continue any rassles, but I am on the opposite end of this as it relates to Nascar and her.

I think Nascar needed a bump right now and she is it until the next bump. She had run her course in Indy anyway. But no denying she was their star. Somehow I think they get her in at the Indy 500 though. But again I dont see how that works either. If Montoya and his like cant make it work then I am skeptical for her. But as you say if it brings the money they will try it.

But the Nascar base is much different. If she muddles around then I think she fades out much faster . And Nascar had money first, then she came over. Not the other way around. But maybe she can bump it a bit.

Yes as you said the Tiger phenom took off. But he was winning and pushing for wins as you stated week in and out. And looked to break the long held records and making big shots at a big time. And bringing a lot of electricity with his runs up the board. I know it is early but I dont see any of that happening with her. But maybe.

I hope that it does work though as a general good thing for racing in particular. I think as you say Indy is in a tough spot and has been for a while. But they both better be looking for some new stars soon. But I am still going to shake my head and turn off the TV when they run over and have to ask her " Wow how was that 38th place finish ..... and could you have won the race." So whatever sponsor spot is on behind that I sure wont see it LOL LOL.

To me NASCAR could hit a home run if they could find their way back to running the real cars as they did before. Maybe run that type on the road and short coursees and the COT on the super speedways. But you find it is hard to go back to what you made you.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Andretti is full of $hit. This is a business and attention gets $$ in the door. Hopefully Rubens can get some of the spot light on Indy car because if he doesn't, they're in trouble.

This is No different from when golf ratings went through the roof when Tiger went pro. Granted Tiger won and she only has 1 win to her name, but at the end of the day, she is going to make a lot of red necks on the NASCAR circuit rich.

Attention = $$ <<<<-------------- Bottom line ____________________
that all might be true, but patrick is still not that good of a racing driver when compared to her peers. what you are saying- and i don't disagree- is one of the reasons why i'm not interested in NASCAR.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Won't NASCAR manufacture a win or two for her?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Finally somebody says what I have been saying for long time. She is talented enough, etc etc and I dont give a hoot what she makes as that is beween her sponsors and her.

She gets too much attention for her performance level - or said another way WINS.

She is way down in the field and they go ask her about the "race up front." How in the hell does she know.

In the RL OT threads , and others , they think she is going to blow these hillbillys away with her superior skills --- uh not! These guys are the best drivers in the world in a NASCAR car.

But I did get a crawfish lunch today from some office girls who have to work tomorrow as a result of their bet with me on Danica in the Top 10 at Daytona as "they" told the girls that Danica was "better than most of the field."

Hell up in the OT thread they were opining that DW didnt know enough to comment on her. That is only a guy with 30 years NASCAR driving experience, many many wins, Nascar titles, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and a whole buttload of 600 mile wins vs Danica, hmmmm, lets see ... well somebody wrecked her and it is not her fault. But she could have won if ............. please! You dont have to like DW but the man knows his way around NASCAR racing and has the wins to prove it.

Anyway Andretti says it best in the following article today ...............

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...indycar-030112

" Andretti, Patrick's former car owner in IndyCar, says the series is better off, in some respects, without her.

''I think we're strong in our own way,'' said Andretti, who still is a team owner in the series. ''Yeah, we lost Danica, but I'm not sure that's going to be negative. I think she brought a lot of good stuff, but she brought a lot of other things that really took away from the rest of our series. And I don't think that's healthy. And I think NASCAR's going to find that.''

Patrick has left IndyCar and will concentrate full-time on her NASCAR career this season.

Andretti went out of his way to make it clear that his comments weren't meant as a criticism of Patrick, but rather a criticism of the amount of media attention she receives at the expense of other drivers. "

''It became all about her,'' Andretti said. ''Even our racing was secondary. I mean, to talk about her finishing 12th in the field, it was taking away from our real stars that we have that really were not getting the billing they should get.''
HaHa, Andretti agrees with me.

Quick Reply: Danica's debut