Sponsored by:

Christmas comes early for A. Wayne

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Raj - LTC has not moderated a thread he has posted in. Period. Your claims of abuse of power are incorrect. What you seem to miss is that the bantering with Wayne is just that, banter. When we consider that this whole thing is about who will win F1 races, the arguments, insults, mean spirited wagers and attacks are absurd.

Let's ALL remember that this is about trivia. Further insults in this thread will receive infractions. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2011, 12:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 12-26-2011, 03:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,334 Likes on 1,973 Posts

Wait, what was the bet?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:01 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

I'm willing to bet that Alonso will not win the New Jersey Grand Prix............ever.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:01 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Wow...someone can't have a little bit of lite fun with this...geesh! Too funny....LOL Did you see Alonso in is Faux King outfit in the other thread...LoL
Old 12-26-2011, 06:44 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Raj - LTC has not moderated a thread he has posted in. Period. Your claims of abuse of power are incorrect. What you seem to miss is that the bantering with Wayne is just that, banter. When we consider that this whole thing is about who will win F1 races, the arguments, insults, mean spirited wagers and attacks are absurd.

Let's ALL remember that this is about trivia. Further insults in this thread will receive infractions. Merry Christmas!
So you are telling me, it was ok for LTC to post my edits on a thread, something he as a moderator has permission for. It was very clear, he was posting on the thread, yet he used his permissions to post my edit.
Why was something never done about that.
If this is your way of running rennlist, so be it. Just come out and say it. I see clear double standards here.
So people are allowed to banter, call ball washers and all and that is ok? How come? Please go ahead and put an infraction. I have had enough of this bs.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:59 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
So you are telling me, it was ok for LTC to post my edits on a thread, something he as a moderator has permission for. It was very clear, he was posting on the thread, yet he used his permissions to post my edit.
If this is your way of running rennlist, so be it. Just come out and say it. I see clear double standards here.
So people are allowed to banter, call ball washers and all and that is ok? How come? Please go ahead and put an infraction. I have had enough of this bs.
Santa didn't stop by your condo did he. Sorry to hear this.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,566 Likes on 822 Posts

Jesus H. Jones, dude, LIGHTEN THE HELL UP!!

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 03-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Honestly, Raj, is this what you want to be known as around here? We're all ball busters, not ball washers. It's all in fun, guy stuff. You know that if Alonso had a good season, you'd be throwing it in our face. 2011 was not your/Alonso's year... like you say, maybe 2012.

Do you have cabin fever or relatives in the house this holiday season? You seem to be grumpier than usual. Come'on, let's have some fun
Old 12-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I didn't get a Cup (again) this Xmas- but I'm not whinging here on RL and taking it out on near strangers.
I'm taking it out on my kids like a real man. But I try and not preach to others.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Geese you're gonna have a heart attack...it's just some guys bs'ing...they don't like you fab driver...get over it and just join in the banter for fun....wow you seem like such an angry guy and I truly hate that for you.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Raj,
Please stop now.
If you have questions or concerns regarding how the Admin runs the site and Moderators, do so in a PM, not in this (public) fashion.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Raj,
Please stop now.
If you have questions or concerns regarding how the Admin runs the site and Moderators, do so in a PM, not in this (public) fashion.
Oh really, so why did you post my edit in the public forum? Double standards again. You don't like getting called out.

I might be sounding harsh but I am tired of this constant bs that goes on in this forum. I have been around rennlist long enough to know that this bullying only goes on in the racing forum. Most other forums are run with respect towards each other and lack this constant bs from this forum.
Maybe an unbiased moderator is what we need (By this I mean someone different than Pete or LTC).
Old 12-27-2011, 01:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Raj, I'm not a moderator, just a casual observer. Perhaps the written word is difficult to interpret, but I was joking when earlier in the year I said I wanted to be a moderator in the F1 threads and wanted everyone's support/vote. No one in their right minds would make me a moderator and hence the joke. You have nothing to fear.

But, I want to be the first to wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR one filled with promise and a renewed hope for race victories for your favorite driver. With this I leave you.....:

di Montezemolo puts faith in Fernando

Luca di Montezemolo has rated current Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso as the best in F1, and tipped the Spaniard to lead the Scuderia's recovery from this year's disappointing season.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has admitted that he cannot face the prospect of another season as bad as that suffered by the Prancing Horse in 2011, but insists that he has the most complete driver in the field ready to lead the recovery.

Although the Scuderia's campaign was successful compared to some - Mercedes, for one, failed to record a single podium in 2011 - di Montezemolo pointed to its record of being in the title fight more often than not as reason to consign it to the bin marked 'failure', with Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa ruled out of contention well before the Interlagos finale and the team turning its attention to its 2012 machine earlier than expected.

Having already found time to criticise Massa's input to the campaign [see story here], di Montezemolo admitted that seeing Alonso's eight-point championship lead overturned at the last round of 2010 had sent the team into a shock that it did not emerge from until it was too late.

"I'm not happy with the past season, but we were all still under the shock of the lost 'world cup final' in Abu Dhabi 2010," he was quoted as saying by Britain's Daily Mirror, "This year I was somehow reminded of 2009, when we won only one race. That must be different in 2012. One year I can accept defeat but, please, not a second consecutive one."

While his contempt for Massa is barely disguised, and with potential replacements for the Brazilian - thought to include currently injured Renault star Robert Kubica and Mercedes' Nico Rosberg among them - currently being lined up, di Montezemolo has no doubts about the man in the team's lead car.

"I wouldn't trade Alonso for anyone, because in a race he's the strongest driver around," he insisted, "He has had a great season, [and] I'm very pleased with how he worked with the team. Fernando is the best driver in F1, with the best speed, consistency, experience and talent. He compares to the best Schumacher."

The Italian was also happy to praise Alonso's rivals, claiming that double world champion Sebastian Vettel was 'a smart lad', admitting that Jenson Button had 'had an exceptional season' and stressing that Rosberg had 'had two good seasons despite having a car that wasn't very competitive', whilst conceding that, in Button and Lewis Hamilton, McLaren possessed the strongest driver line-up on the grid. However, he always returned to Alonso as the driver he would pick first.

"If I have to choose between drivers with equal skill, I'll always take the one with the better head," he told Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport, "However, you can have the best driver in the world but, if you don't have a competitive car, you have nothing."

Revealing that 'there are things I see to make me optimistic for 2012', di Montezemolo announced that Ferrari would take the wraps off its new car on Friday 3 February, in advance of pre-season testing but two days after rival McLaren launches its 2012 campaign.

"For us, the main goal is, again, to be competitive and I have a lot of confidence in my people and their capability to react," he noted.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh really, so why did you post my edit in the public forum? Double standards again. You don't like getting called out.

I might be sounding harsh but I am tired of this constant bs that goes on in this forum. I have been around rennlist long enough to know that this bullying only goes on in the racing forum. Most other forums are run with respect towards each other and lack this constant bs from this forum.
Maybe an unbiased moderator is what we need (By this I mean someone different than Pete or LTC).
Fine, I got called out. I am a lousy moderator.

I checked the RL bylaws, it's OK to hate Alonso. I am a life long Alonso hater.

BTW, this alleged 'bullying' and 'BS' is confined (for the most part, we'll skip the VR vs MK threads for now) to F1 threads.

Now, from now on, please stop commenting on the Admin's actions (or inactions) in public. If you feel the need to complain about someone, please keep it directed towards myself.

note: this isn't a request

Quick Reply: Christmas comes early for A. Wayne