Sponsored by:

Central NY Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Central NY Raceway

I just heard about this today, hopefully it will happen ... Brewerton is a few miles north of Syracuse.

http://centralnewyorkracewaypark.com/
Old 12-17-2011, 10:38 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

If it runs clockwise they'll need a lot more runoff at T1 (among other things...)

Never heard of it, but I hope it happens! Their website however is

Last edited by ilko; 12-17-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might be able to answer questions you have - since it's right in my back yard I've been following it closely, and have even met with the owners a few times.

In short, don't pay any attention to the track maps that have been released, the actual design is quite different. They're on schedule right now to do a soft open late in the 2012 season, with a full 2013 schedule.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootin159
I might be able to answer questions you have - since it's right in my back yard I've been following it closely, and have even met with the owners a few times.

In short, don't pay any attention to the track maps that have been released, the actual design is quite different. They're on schedule right now to do a soft open late in the 2012 season, with a full 2013 schedule.
Not quite in my backyard, but only 90 miles away from me in the 1000 Islands, sure would be nice. I'm only 125 miles from Sebring ... Must be what heaven is like .
Old 12-18-2011, 10:26 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you must keep in mind that Dirt track is really the King around CNY... Making the Road course happen will take a better web presence a stronger tie with the local PCA, BMW, TrackMasters and other DE clubs. For me it would be great we could go play all day... Be home for dinner or even throw Parties at the shop afterwards.

Last edited by LC MotorSports; 12-19-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

The road course is 100% happening. The drag strip is somewhat iffy right now, but the owners are focusing on the road course as much as the dirt track right now.

They are focusing the dirt track on being a national-caliber course, capable of holding "world class events" (if there is such a thing in the dirt world).

The road course they are planning on a more modest, but profitable focus. Their primary aim is for club racing and HPDE events. They have no intentions of bringing in big spectator events, but hope to have the best "value" for clubs in the northeast.

I've seen the price sheets, and they are very favorable to the clubs. The local SCCA has already been very active in the planning stages, but I would encourage the local PCA and BMWCCA to contact the owners to consult them on their wants/needs.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

The local SCCA (life member sense '94, scca sense 83') is not really all that active in anything other then Autocross.... Can not see how a road coarse fits into their plans.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pricing at WGI rates will be difficult to justify with a 2.0 mile track.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Scootin159
Drifting

Originally Posted by LC MotorSports
The local SCCA (life member sense '94, scca sense 83') is not really all that active in anything other then Autocross.... Can not see how a road coarse fits into their plans.
100% agree, but we're using this as an opportunity to change that. To get things off the ground we're going to work heavily with the FLR and Glen regions (who both have active club racing programs), but hope to get our own programs going there soon.

Independent of that, we're also heavily involved from an autocross perspective. The owners are using us for advice on tailoring the lots to autocross use, and we hope to hold national level autocrosses there.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Scootin159
Drifting

Originally Posted by shiners780
Pricing at WGI rates will be difficult to justify with a 2.0 mile track.
The rates will be nothing like WGI. I forget the exact rates off hand, but the final bill for the clubs should be about 1/3 of the cost of WGI IIRC. They know they aren't building a competitor to WGI, and have no intentions of competing. They see it as a different market.

That said, the track will still be a high quality facility, with modern safety provisions. I forget the exact width of the track, but I remember it being wide enough for cars to go three wide on the straights. The corners will be the same width, but obviously wont see three wide working as well.

As of now they are still debating the type of fencing and runoff to use, but they've heavily emphasized they want to design the course to minimize carnage (to both car and driver).
Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 557 Posts

Sounds good to me. I hope this happens and gives us another option in the Northeast.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:41 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootin159
The rates will be nothing like WGI. I forget the exact rates off hand, but the final bill for the clubs should be about 1/3 of the cost of WGI IIRC. They know they aren't building a competitor to WGI, and have no intentions of competing. They see it as a different market.

That said, the track will still be a high quality facility, with modern safety provisions. I forget the exact width of the track, but I remember it being wide enough for cars to go three wide on the straights. The corners will be the same width, but obviously wont see three wide working as well.

As of now they are still debating the type of fencing and runoff to use, but they've heavily emphasized they want to design the course to minimize carnage (to both car and driver).
I have their 2012 Track Rental Rate Sheet right here.

In season non-competitive week day (Mon - Thurs) $7000/day. That's the same rate we pay for WGI.

Did they send me wrong info?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Scootin159
Drifting

Originally Posted by shiners780
I have their 2012 Track Rental Rate Sheet right here.

In season non-competitive week day (Mon - Thurs) $7000/day. That's the same rate we pay for WGI.

Did they send me wrong info?
Just curious as to when you go the rates sheet - I'm sure if they gave you anything official it probably is. The information I'm going off of is from talking with them in early November - all 'unofficially'. I wish I had written down the actual dollar amounts they gave, but I want to say that they gave me the pricing for WGI and for their track, and I remember at least for weekends it was about 1/2 to 1/3 of WGI's rates. For weekdays I remember it was slightly discounted, but not as heavily as WGI discounted weekdays, making the prices somewhat closer then. I do remember he emphasized heavily that his rates were all-inclusive, whereas WGI's were far from it (his words, not mine). He also mentioned that they will be giving huge off-season discounts.

Just looking over the notes I did take - worth noting is that there will be a 96db from 50' limit for ALL motorsports activity there (road racing, dirt racing, drag racing, autocross).
Old 12-21-2011, 10:24 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They're hoping for this some time this year (maybe)?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:30 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

If it does come together... It's a nice option over LRP... w/o all the Sound checks.

Quick Reply: Central NY Raceway