Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Traqdash?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When/what version of the GP has the Lanc to Traqmate? Will the old style DU work with the Lanc to the GP or is the upgrade to the Traqdash required?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Same as Traqmate. You don't connect the USB cable to the dash, or take the dash out of the car. You remove the SD card and stick it in your computer or card reader, pulling the data off that card. It's cool.
Can you still connect laptop via USB? It replaces the old DU, so you have to connect it to a laptop with Traqstudio to change settings. Plus that is another SD card to sdeal with.

How big a SD card will fit?

What we really need is a new version of Traqstudio. V 1.00 stutters and is counter intuitive.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
When/what version of the GP has the Lanc to Traqmate? Will the old style DU work with the Lanc to the GP or is the upgrade to the Traqdash required?
The GoPro Hero2 has the ability through an interface cable (not a LAN-C) to be controlled as a slave by the Traqmate Sensor Unit (SU). Both displays will work with the GP Hero2, no upgrade is required (AFAIK) because the Basic will also work with the GoPro Hero2 for the least expensive, simplest option

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Can you still connect laptop via USB? It replaces the old DU, so you have to connect it to a laptop with Traqstudio to change settings. Plus that is another SD card to sdeal with.

How big a SD card will fit?

What we really need is a new version of Traqstudio. V 1.00 stutters and is counter intuitive.
On the TraqDash, there is no connection from Traqmate or TraqStudio to the dash via USB except for 5V power. All inputs are done through the touchscreen, fully contextual menu available, even with a glove on!

You do NOT need to configure it with a laptop and you can review session times without the computer, too. If you want to access the data, take out the card and stick it in the laptop. You will have one card for the dash, one for the GP Hero2.

It comes with a 2 GB card, enough for most people's whole SEASON worth of data.

Ummm, TraqStudio is up to v3.00... It works pretty darned well, actually.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm bringing this thread back to life. I just purchased the Traqdash from Peter (Thanks!). I cant wait to use it. I figured some people would like ideas on mounting, because I did not find any really good examples:

1. I ordered this product from Amazon.com
Amazon Amazon

2. I bought some more heavy duty VHB tape

I wanted to be able to remove the Traqdash, yet wanted it somewhat permanent too.

I can remove the unit when needed (Pits after hours, Rain etc). I also offset it to the right so I could use my right hand AROUND the steering wheel to touch the screen when needed. (Not touching it THROUGH the steering wheel which I think is less than ideal and unsafe).

Needless to say, I'm very happy with my mounting of the Traqdash. It is very secure and removable. Best of all, the view is unobstructed through my steering wheel.
I think everyone should add more examples to this thread to give others more ideas.

Looking forward to using it on the track.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Plavan; 11-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Like! Thanks for the tips!

Quick Reply: Anyone using Traqdash?