Picked up my first enclosed trailer.
20ft V nose East Tennessee Trailer
Winch,four cabinets in front,Broom holder,Can holder rack,hood vent,D rings,

Any other suggestions?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tire rack, rolling crash cart of things you always use and can wheel out, lights, good floor coating...
Old 09-13-2011, 11:16 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 762 Likes on 385 Posts

Jack pouch......fuel jug holders.......maybe a hand cleaning station.

Scott
Old 09-14-2011, 12:22 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by winders

Scott
I just had my 2-1/2 year old OTC, 2 ton jack fail at the rear seal. I keep it stored vertically in a jack pouch on the wall. It dawned on me that perhaps the seal blew because it was stored vertically and that rear seal wasn't submerged in oil most of it's life. It's currentrly being replaced under their life-time warranty and will be stored sitting on the floor for now on....
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to hear some ideas for venting the trailer when hauling. Driving home Sundays after a race weekend my car just cooks in the trailer. With horses we had reversable rocker type roof vents that opened to allow air in or to vent. I was thinking of buying a couple of these, any other ideas?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I just put a wireless backup camera on mine - makes parking a breeze.

Marc
Old 09-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just outfitted couple of trailers. Other possibilities, helmet / Hans shelf with rack for hanging cool shirt or suit, tie down strap hanger, hangers for cords / air hoses, and e-trak for LOTS of stuff including folding tables, air bottles, folding chairs, etc. Another useful mod was a solar panel on the roof. Keeps 12v battery inside fully charged. One customer 3 years now on same battery and never needed charge even during multi month layoffs.

JR funny you should say ventilation. Just about to do new Featherlite trailer. The car and trailer are kept at was the manufacturing plant/headquarters for MaxxAir www.maxxair.com . So we will be installing a couple units of theirs here real soon. Like you said we will have 2 vent units front and back in trailer (as well as AC in the middle)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 AM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm very pleased with the floor mount jack caddies from Pit?? (I'll have to go look from whom), as well as the air hose hanger - these items are inexpensive.

Next mod will be a farking coffee pot as I'm sick and tired of quickie store coffee and Red Bulls in the AM and after lunch!! No latte jokes please.

I did string up 4' of e-track on one side near the cabs, one at the floor and one 4' up. I use these to hook bungees and ties for all kinds of crap (chairs, table, tents, cooler, etc) which never had a system before. Very quick and easy.

Am thinking seriously about little 12V fans to help cool hot wheels & rotors on Sun. afternoon when you have to load up and get out in a hurry.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:53 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Winch,four cabinets in front,Broom holder,Can holder rack,hood vent,D rings,

Any other suggestions?
My advice is to start loading it and using it. Seems like it set-up enough for now. However once you start using it at the track you may learn what you want to add. Alot depends on the stuff you bring and what you do at the track. If you camp in the trailer you need different stuff than if you just plan to work out of it. Tire racks could be important or not such a big deal.

Some guys bring the enclosed trailer and realy don't do much work out of. Some live in it an have different needs. My main goal is to make my track days more efficient.

My 24foot enclosed has a front L shaped work bench and shelves for spare parts totes and a spare gearbox. It works perfect for me right now.As my goal was a few things. 1) central location for all my gear at the track to reduce time spend loading/unloading and looking for stuff when I needed it. 2) shelter from the wind,sun, rain during the event and for camping. 3) faster loading/unload at home due to gearstorage in the trailer and car storage in the trailer. So far I have achived all 3 goals, but I am still consdering how to reduce my load/unload time for each event. That to me is wasted time both at the track and at home. My current set-up allow most of my gear to stay loaded in place in the trailer and yet easy access if I need it at the track. So I don't need to unload the entire trailer at each event or at home. I just access what I need from the trailer during the event and load it back right away.

I was also planning on wiring it for 120V complete with large lights inside and outside and multple electircal plugs. This would reduce my time spend dragging out extension cords and lights. However due to changes in tracks I visit my source for 120V shore power is pretty much gone. So I am rethinking that plan. Seems like now I will need to run generator if I want 120V power and that has it own issues. So the though right now is possibly work off 12v system and use solar to charge up batteries. Then may be a small quite generator if do need 120 power which I am not sure I will if I have an inverter and good solid battery set-up. It will probably take me a few events to really understand what I need based on how I am using things at the track. I plan on camping in the trailer at the event so that bring new demands. One is adding at least one window. Again I am waiting to see how it works out first before I do too much work.

Point is adapt the trailer to your specfic needs not what other tell you need. If it take 4-5 event to really understand what you need fine.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:06 AM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by winders

Scott
I made a very simple jack "slot" in my trailer. I just bolt down some 1x2" right next to my door. The jack sits in there flat and does not move. Very effective and very cheap.

For my quick access stuff I took some open top bins and bolted them to the top of the work bench. This make items like clearer bottles hand towels, oil jug and the brake bleerd right at my finger tips. I used these just about every day and getting to the fast is important. Plus they are held in place during transport so it works really well. The red tool box gets removed each weekend and is just small enough to carry. I tacked strips to the bench to keep it from moving during transit and it works perfect.

my solution for chairs and things is pretty slick and cheap. No fancy etrack, but a bunge to work bench and a single hook one of verticals. Then some more 1x2 strips on the floor. I also added to hooks on the door side to hold my race suit on a hanger. Now I need to add some hooks to keep my two tents in place so they don't fall in to the car.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Have a roof vent,looking into etrack. Something under the car to soak up oil. Will to the roof solar charger. Getting floor mat for door,love the wireless back up camera,where did you get it?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Marine Paint. Anyone try it on the rear ramp or anywhere else?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:12 PM
M758
Race Director

I used expoy based porch and patio paint for my ramp, wood floor and work bench. two coats and it works great. Tough and impervius to fluids. It is a little slick when wet, bit that is not a big deal for me.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:35 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 762 Likes on 385 Posts

I used Rustoleum garage floor epoxy paint that you can get from OSH, Home Depot, or Lowes, to paint the floor, the base boards, and the ramp. Two coats using two kits. I put aluminum oxide in the second coat for grip. It looks awesome, is durable, and impervious to oil, gas, and brake fluid.

Scott
Old 09-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I look forward to lounging inside it in the near future.

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer Mods