Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be a stupid question, given how Seth's helmet looks, but are there any "issues" with painting one of these CF versions?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Well, I tried on a Stilo Large (59CM) this weekend. The helmet is very nice and the options make it a top pick.
But, I was not able to easily put me glasses on. The helmet fits snug and the ear muffs further close off the opening to slip the arms of the glasses behind my ears. The arms of these glasses, like most, are slightly curved inward. I'm sure I will break them if I put them on more than a few times. I think, if I had a pair with straight and flexible arms they would work.
I have a pair of Wiley-X goggles with prescription lenses that have flexible arms. They were easier to get on but they fog up and are not wearable.

Does anyone have this problem? What is the workaround? I guess I could try the X-Large (61CM). I am disappointed because I like this lid and Arai just can't get it together with delivery.
Lasik! Best thing I ever did.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:25 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Re the integrated earmuffs.

Do they suppress the noise more than other helmets? My car is already fairly quiet and I'd hate to not be able to hear the engine very well.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
Re the integrated earmuffs.

Do they suppress the noise more than other helmets? My car is already fairly quiet and I'd hate to not be able to hear the engine very well.
Yes, they do. It was virtually impossible for me to hear the steward at the black flag station.

No problem hearing my car, even with the windows in, though. I really like my Stilo, and the HMS Motorsports guys are excellent folks to deal with.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:37 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I was concerned the earmuffs headphones wouldn't be loud enough to overcome ambient noise, it's not a problem, I have to turn mine down.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Yes, they do. It was virtually impossible for me to hear the steward at the black flag station.

No problem hearing my car, even with the windows in, though. I really like my Stilo, and the HMS Motorsports guys are excellent folks to deal with.
I called HMS and they told me they have created an different earpad for those who want to hear more of the car. $10. So no issue, I'll try both.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 AM
theinz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if you can have the top air added with the visor option as well?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by theinz
Does anyone know if you can have the top air added with the visor option as well?
I do not believe so due to the visor being open. Plus the top air piece would interfere with the center section of the visor where it meets the helmet.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Stilo top air with visor

You can use the top air with a shield but NOT with the visor.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by dan360
I wear glasses and have found the main issue being to get the glasses inside the headsock.
I wear prescription suns when I drive and have found the same problem with every single balaclava I've ever worn, regardless of the helmet. I finally started cutting little holes right where my ears end up in the headsock, and then I slide the glasses through the holes.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I wear prescription suns when I drive and have found the same problem with every single balaclava I've ever worn, regardless of the helmet. I finally started cutting little holes right where my ears end up in the headsock, and then I slide the glasses through the holes.
You've got the wrong glasses. Check out Flexon. They are completely bendable and unbreakable. The temples can be smashed toward your head and pressed inside the balaclava. The balaclava works like a hold-down keeping the glasses steady. You can shape them so the temples are straight or bent behind the ears. I had a prescription pair made last year with a small bi-focal placed exactly where I wanted it, with my correct prescription for that distance, so the gauges are in focus and everything else is distance vision. No tint and no anti-glare. I change visors on my Stilo depending on weather conditions. Works great.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:19 AM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

are there any aftermarket solution to top air?
my broke twice in short time of use.
Something like CNC aluminum or CF
Old 09-08-2016, 08:37 AM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased a carbon fiber top air for my Stilo from Mike Savage Designs, expensive abut it will not break. Give Mike a call

http://www.savagedesigns.com/contact
Old 09-08-2016, 03:55 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Stilo ST5 Carbon for me.

Wouldnt have it anyother way.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:05 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Love my ST5 carbon.... High quality fit and finish. Have the built in ear buds and mic which work great.

Quick Reply: Feedback: Stilo Helmets