Sponsored by:

Tom Cruise- new Red Bull driver!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So, if someone gets to drive an f1 car, has a boat load of money, cute wife and hangs out with Cameron Diaz, it makes him a d-bag?

I think I want to be a d-bag.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Next, Sir A.Wayne will post on how he predicted that Tom Cruise, with Bernie's blessing, will replace Mark Webber at RBR.

Followed by Raj stating that Tom Cruise is actually scheduled to replace Massa at Ferrari next season.
Nice to see your obsession with me. Get help!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:15 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
So, if someone gets to drive an f1 car, has a boat load of money, cute wife and hangs out with Cameron Diaz, it makes him a d-bag?

I think I want to be a d-bag.
He was a d-bag before all that, he did those things despite being a d-bag
Old 08-24-2011, 04:17 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Let's see... guy with a bazillion $'s drives a racecar of the series that I've been hired to promote. What should I say about him...

"At least the d-bag didn't crash the car".

Maybe something else.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

http://www.myspace.com/video/richard...loset/11673335

Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA.......Good thing Camron Diaz wasn't running against him.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:16 PM
ccamut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was attempting some humor......i find TC To be a hillarious topic That's what I love about this site, you guys will argue about anything.

Ok I retract it all, I'm sure he is a really cool, normal guy who you would love to hang out with at a PCA club race, and while we are all hanging out with him I am sure he will give us all some driving pointers.

Apologies to all those TC fans I upset. Sorry Tom I should of never jumped to conclusions given all your normal behavior over the years.

Oh by the way did you know Charlie Sheen is driving in ALMS next year?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ccamut
I was attempting some humor......i find TC To be a hillarious topic That's what I love about this site, you guys will argue about anything.

Ok I retract it all, I'm sure he is a really cool, normal guy who you would love to hang out with at a PCA club race, and while we are all hanging out with him I am sure he will give us all some driving pointers.

Apologies to all those TC fans I upset. Sorry Tom I should of never jumped to conclusions given all your normal behavior over the years.

Oh by the way did you know Charlie Sheen is driving in ALMS next year?
Now that would be scary, even for the spectators and pit crew. That's also assuming Sheen lives another year as he will have to survive many more benders and vindictive rants.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I think hanging out around the Hollywood types makes you become weird. I mean look at all the seemingly normal folks that have gone off over time .

But anyway I am glad he can do it. Of course he knew Paul Newman and his racing heritage. But I dont think that TC is Paul, if TC is thinking of becoming the newer Paul Newman.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

He raced with us a few times in HSR a while ago. Maybe 1 or 2 races if I recall. He was ok, with his money I would be faster. LOL
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Nice to see your obsession with me. Get help!
Thanks. I guess I don't get to the zoo often enough to watch the monkeys ...
Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
I think hanging out around the Hollywood types makes you become weird. I mean look at all the seemingly normal folks that have gone off over time .

But anyway I am glad he can do it. Of course he knew Paul Newman and his racing heritage. But I dont think that TC is Paul, if TC is thinking of becoming the newer Paul Newman.
Many of the "Hollywood Set" have their "prescription doctors" and take meds for everything and can't figure out why they end up comatose like Heath Ledger and so many others.

No matter how good Tom Cruise is, I don't see him being competitive with the "Young Lions" in ALMS or any other series. I know Cruise likes to give off the persona of youth, but the dude is close to an AARP card. Even with the best equipment, I don't see him competing with the very best in the sport. Maybe 20 years ago, but time passes everyone by. The best acting roles have already started passing him by let alone racing. No more great roles like "Rainman" and "Minority Report."

-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Orient Red Metallic Boxster
Old 08-25-2011, 03:28 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

TC is the modern day "Rock Hudson". He did race with Paul Newman at Summit Point back in the 80's with comments like, "He has talent", probably more Hollywood BS. Maybe everything about him has been constructed by Hollywood. I question if he was behind the wheel on Top Gear last yr as well. It's all fiction, but makes for good TV If I recall correctly, he divorced his first 2 wife's because they were unable to have children, both gave birth subsequently and probably without the help of a turkey baster!!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 PM
BHunt 72T
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

They still have that great photo of him stepping outside of his trailer (and one of P Newman) hanging on the wall inside Chez Summit Point. The scientology "thing" is a bit out-there for me, but at least it seems like he's into cars a bit. Plus...Top Gun is a great movie any way you slice it...
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 276 Posts

Of course TC was fast, he had an excellent coach!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Tom Cruise- new Red Bull driver!?