Sponsored by:

Summit Point Club Race 9/30-10/2 OPEN!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011 | 07:11 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanR
I saw his FB post but just presumed that he had been too scared to race and instead ran off with the trophies when no one was looking
A$$HOLE!

Saturday sucked really bad. Only two of us gridded for sprint one and only one of us made through the first lap. Me! So all I had to do was keep it on the track and take my trophy home. I only had to pit once to wipe the fog off the windshield. The sprint one incident set me up to obliterate the SPB field in sprint two. I was the only one so it was my race to lose! It was a challenge none-the-less with a perpetually fogged windscreen and a squeegee and rain twice as hard as sprint one I made to the checker.

Sunday was great. A little chilly when we were sitting around but great temps for the cars. The first sprint actually saw a field of 4 SPB's. My rain time from the day before put me way back in the field which made for a very fun start. I may have made my raciest move ever as PJ got within striking distance of me and I took a gamble with out braking old Dave Coleman going into turn 5. It worked and Dave held PJ up just long enough. That was a fun race and I finished 4th overall. The enduro saw a 2 car field and I set a personal best time exceeding goals I had set for myself for the weekend. These little Boxsters are a hoot. I was beginning to think I made a mistake selling the 911 but not anymore!

The Blue Group top three were Even Close (with a smoking 1:24:0) Dwayne Moses (1:23:9) and Steve Wilson. Those guys were flying! Even had a 1:39 in the rain! I think he was in the top 5 fastest rain times of all the groups in his E 911. It was impressive.

Videos coming soon!
Old 10-03-2011 | 08:32 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Streak did a great job. When I finally got out on Sunday, I had nothing for him. Buggered up my enduro again. Got a black flag for a short pitstop so had to come back in and sit in the black flag station for 42 seconds. Combine that with the in and out time through the pits and I lost a lap as I watched Streak go by once while serving my penalty and he went by again as I left the pits. Then the fuel light came on with about 1o minutes to go, so I had to conserve fuel to make it to the end.

Then there were the 4 spins that happened right in front of me which made things very interesting. Got them on video.

Tested the RePlay 1080P camera. Pretty cool coming home and plugging it into our flat screen TV using the HDMI cable and watching it. Found that you get super video recording in 720P at 60 FPS. Used 1080P in practice but it does make for big files. Only had a 4GB card with me. The camera is awesome.

Also props to Evan Close (Der ABT). He was super fast all weekend.
Old 10-03-2011 | 09:20 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Good work in the slop guys. The Sunday Blue group race was a fun one to watch with Evan, Dwayne and Steve all within a car or two of each other for much of the sprint race. BTW Evan had a first race weekend X on his trunk. I bet we will be hearing more from Evan.

People should have stuck around there was some good (dry) racing on
Sunday.
Old 10-03-2011 | 11:57 AM
ajenks144
Instructor

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Andy J's name was drawn as winner of $1000 from Radial Tire. Had to be present, of course.
Really?? That's what I get for having dinner with family instead of staying for the track dinner.
Old 10-03-2011 | 03:47 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Wasnt sure if people would still be talking to me after no peach cobbler...my source was wrong as they were unable to get any peaches fresh on the east coast.
Starla >>> a much better source then before....asked me to post up and say that next year will be different. Dixie bones has agreed to freeze some peaches when they are in season and have them for next year....THANK YOU STARLA FOR SAVING ME FROM A HANGING not to mention a great event

Definately had some fun, i almost didnt go out in the rain.....first time i had driven this car (let alone a 911) in the rain...my old vw was the only car i had ever driven in the rain...but figured id see how it went since i was up front somehow in qualifying......next thing you know steve and i are out on our own.....Great driving on his part.

i somehow pulled off 3 first in E in the sprints, 2 overall wins in the blue group, and a 2nd in class in the enduro...definately my best weekend
And my second workers choice of the year (VIR also)

I never had an easy win everytime it was steve or dwyane right behind me....or just in front and it was just a ton of fun

Definately pulled out my best time at summit ever.

Big thanks to Intersport for getting the car ready and Convenience for all the support....

and to all the volunteers cant thank you enough for being out there im sure it wasnt much fun in between the races but man you guys did a great job.

vids will be up eventually, have some great saves, passes, being passed etc.
Old 10-03-2011 | 03:51 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Was an awesome event. Particularly the rain on Saturday (can't say I was sorry to have it rain.).
Old 10-03-2011 | 04:17 PM
Bman
Racer

Originally Posted by Streak
I set a personal best time exceeding goals I had set for myself for the weekend.
Congrats, that's awesome!

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Then there were the 4 spins that happened right in front of me which made things very interesting. Got them on video.
Let's see them in 1080P! I saw some perfect 360's

Originally Posted by Der ABT
And my second workers choice of the year (VIR also)
I understand why! Nose to tail! It was fun to watch and you helped me forget that I was a freezing and soaked DE low life. Thanks to you, I was shopping for a race car last night

Originally Posted by bauerjab
can't say I was sorry to have it rain
You were flying in the rain. Going from memory but weren't you 8 seconds faster than anyone else in the downpour? Nice!
Old 10-03-2011 | 07:14 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bauerjab
Was an awesome event. Particularly the rain on Saturday (can't say I was sorry to have it rain.).
Fun Fun Fun. Start of 2nd sprint.

First ten minutes of first sprint working my way from the back of the pack.

Old 10-03-2011 | 07:25 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=good hands;8917352]Fun Fun Fun. Start of 2nd sprint.

Priceless. Thank you so much for not smacking into me. I was all psyched up to kick P1s *** on my uber glue rain tires and then all of a sudden, I get a WTF spin. I really thought I was going to get collected. Thanks for not touching me

I had two more big bobbles on right hand turns on the next lap and then I came in.

As it turns out, my gas cap was loose and I was dumping gas on my left rear tire on right hand turns. I am lucky it was not a lot worse.
Old 10-03-2011 | 08:10 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

That could have turned out much worse. Glad everyone got through relatively unscathed.
Old 10-03-2011 | 09:25 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Ha! That bump at the end is kinda funny

Here's a vid of the Sunday Morning Blue Sprint:

Old 10-03-2011 | 09:44 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Looks like fun.

Hey Streak and Good Hands, just curious what video/data combo you're using?
Old 10-03-2011 | 09:45 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Streak
What an awesome drive, I was absolutely on the edge of my seat. Too bad the rest of the SPB regulars didn't show so you could have them for lunch.
Old 10-03-2011 | 09:57 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Astroman
Looks like fun.

Hey Streak and Good Hands, just curious what video/data combo you're using?
I am using an AIM smarty cam.

I think streak has a go pro set up.
Old 10-03-2011 | 10:00 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Thanks Frank. It was really fun after the mess that was Saturday

Still need to find 1.05 seconds to best Charlie Boyer from last years race but I am working on it.

Astro - I use a GoPro Motorsport and I edit with iMovie on a Mac. Mac makes things stupid easy.

Quick Reply: Summit Point Club Race 9/30-10/2 OPEN!