Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:04 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tetzlafh
She's straight garbage.
but faster than you....................
Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by porrsha
but faster than you....................
I think that right there may be the problem he has with her...
Old 08-15-2011, 09:44 AM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Say what you want, but in her first year at the 500 she got it totally sideways in turn four @ 200+mph saved the car and still almost won the pole.
For most (if not all) of us that would have been a "code brown".
She can drive my limo any time .
Tom B.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

She sure ****ed up the restart at NH. Indycar in general is failing to impress me. When did so many of the drivers become whiners?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
When did so many of the drivers become whiners?
Yeah I noticed that too. Actually Sato impressed me the most... took the blame for a crash he didn't cause.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't recall Danica giving the crowd or IRL officials the double digit salute......
Old 08-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by porrsha
I don't recall Danica giving the crowd or IRL officials the double digit salute......
That was about the least classy thing I have seen recently in motorsports. Power should take a year off from the sport. What a spoiled douche.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:47 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

This is what happens in an oval split series. Sometimes you can race in the rain, sometimes you can't. Same could be said for the drivers.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
That was about the least classy thing I have seen recently in motorsports. Power should take a year off from the sport. What a spoiled douche.
When he jumped out of car and jumped wall and ran across pit lane I was surprised he wasn't run over by some tow truck. You could tell by his body language that he was completely out of control and just wanted to confront someone. It was all for naught since he kept his fifth place position anyway. He should have just stayed in the car, and muttered under his helmet while he waited for tow truck. Unlike Formula 1 drivers, Indy drivers have no idea how to race on wet track. Race officials should probably go to yellow on first signs of rain drops and not go back to green until track is totally dry. Not worth smashing up expensive race cars and injuring drivers.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
She sure ****ed up the restart at NH. Indycar in general is failing to impress me. When did so many of the drivers become whiners?
Did you notice all the empty seats in the stands? The Indy 500 money must fund all the other races for year. I believe there were only 24 or 26 cars on grid at start also. Looked as empty as MIS if not emptier before Indy got cancelled there because of no spectators. Other than Indy 500, Indy oval racing is very boring and road racing a couple notches more interesting. The IRL should think about ending all the oval races other than Indy.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Plyman438
Did you notice all the empty seats in the stands? The Indy 500 money must fund all the other races for year. I believe there were only 24 or 26 cars on grid at start also. Looked as empty as MIS if not emptier before Indy got cancelled there because of no spectators. Other than Indy 500, Indy oval racing is very boring and road racing a couple notches more interesting. The IRL should think about ending all the oval races other than Indy.
Indycar is going to be hurting big time when Danica leaves for NASCAR. Like her or not, she brings in fans.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Unlike Formula 1 drivers, Indy drivers have no idea how to race on wet track. Race officials should probably go to yellow on first signs of rain drops and not go back to green until track is totally dry. Not worth smashing up expensive race cars and injuring drivers.
Indy drivers do race in the rain on road courses, and virtually all of the drivers have extensive experience in doing so. Nobody races in the rain on ovals, so rain tires and rain setups on an oval aren't even an option. The officials have already admitted that going green was a huge mistake.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Indycar is going to be hurting big time when Danica leaves for NASCAR. Like her or not, she brings in fans.
This is probably true. NASCAR and F 1 are getting there acts back together isnt helping Indy cars either.

Right now Indy needs some new manufacturers in the game, US manufacturers that is, and another couple of "names" to get going.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the Richmond race back in 2008, there was a good number of people, it's a cool track and it was a night race. I don't know what a full field of Indy cars is, but I do remember that there were NINE cars at the end. It was a little disappointing. Any little mess up, and they literally explode carbon fibre all over the track. It's boring as hell to sit there while they sweep all that crap up.

By the end of the race the only thing interesting to see what Danica working to try and break into the top 5 by dive bombing in turn 3.

The good about oval racing is that you can see the whole race. The bad is that crappy driving will kill a race's momentum and interest while they sweep up bits. The problem with road racing is that you can't see it all.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Indy drivers do race in the rain on road courses, and virtually all of the drivers have extensive experience in doing so. Nobody races in the rain on ovals, so rain tires and rain setups on an oval aren't even an option. The officials have already admitted that going green was a huge mistake.
That was my point in my last post. When you have a series where a certain amount of rain is no problem on a road course, but no rain precedent on an oval, you are asking for mixed messages, crossed signals, and major trouble.

Quick Reply: 3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!