Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:46 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
True, but at least Anna K was feminine and sexy, Danika spends her time wishing she had a bigger *******.
So it's ok that Anna K uses her sexuality to get ahead in tennis because you think she's attractive, but it's not ok for Danica to do the same in racing because she doesn't meet your parameters for an attractive woman?

I'm just hoping she gets put into the wall consistently.
Um, really?

To me it has become quite evident by her behavior that she is uncomfortable always losing to the very gender that she lives to triumph over.
Misogyny much?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Misogyny much?
You can't dispute the facts about her so you call me a name. Brilliant.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
The sooner you realize pro racing is a marketing exercise, the sooner you'll be at peace with yourself.
Yup, it starts in karts and only gets worse from there.

Any racing is a marketing exercise. The days of an owner "taking a flyer" on a driver are but a footnote in history.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:09 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What facts have you presented? I see a bunch of emotionally driven opinions. She makes her way in a world where men rule on and off the track. That is a fact. Back of the pack, mid pack, wolf pack, 6 pack. Guys buy the tickets to the races and watch the ads on TV. At the end of the day she cashes a check with her name on it. A check that was handed to her with a smile.

You call Danica every off color name in the book yet get your panties in a wad when someone points out what others are thinking. You seem to have an unusually strong and personal dislike for someone you don't know that has done nothing to you.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

She's good at cashing checks, no dispute there. Winning races on the other hand, she's not good at, and those are the facts.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

She's good at cashing checks, no dispute there. Winning races on the other hand, she's not good at, and those are the facts.
How many have you won?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Not a valid comparison, I'm not her peer.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 AM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Misogyny is an attitude and a state of mind, not name calling. Look it up.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't get it. Many pro level race drivers don't win many if any races. Some people are born with the silver spoon, some land on the right number, some work their *** off, some figure out how to work an existing system. Male dominated racing is a system that is open to being worked a bit by a somewhat good looking female mid pack driver. It is not your money or grid position she is taking. Why the hate?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:08 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Not a valid comparison, I'm not her peer.
Simply trying to establish your level of expertise at driving so that we can understand how qualified you are to evaluate someone's racing skills.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,892 Posts

Name other competition where men and women are against each other. I'm sure there are, but the typical sports both team and individual sports like tennis they are not.

Even in golf where you're not competing against a man per se, but against the course for lowest score, men and women are separated.

Auto racing is the rare exception and she is probably in the top 1/3 of her peers. Is she a champion? No, but look at NASCAR where 43 driver compete against each other every weekend -- who has won the last 5 championships in a row. Are all the rest scrubs? No.

Unlike the stick and ball sports, in racing your going up against 20-43 other opponents all at once. In football, basketball, baseball, hocket, tennis, etc. it's one on one. One winner, One Loser. In racing there is one winner and up to 42 losers.

Also unlike stick and ball sports, more than anything else, auto racing involves a lot of different factors to be just right to win, including the driver, car, tires, weather conditions, team, pit stops etc.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ltc
Where did Taku finish today? 4th
Where did El Bitcho finish today? 21st

Racers have resumes, not centerfolds.
Agreed. Taku did a good job at Edmonton too until he got booted. I'm not hating the guy, i'm just saying better drivers than Danica pay to drive indy.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete
Name other competition where men and women are against each other. I'm sure there are, but the typical sports both team and individual sports like tennis they are not.

Even in golf where you're not competing against a man per se, but against the course for lowest score, men and women are separated.

Auto racing is the rare exception and she is probably in the top 1/3 of her peers. Is she a champion? No, but look at NASCAR where 43 driver compete against each other every weekend -- who has won the last 5 championships in a row. Are all the rest scrubs? No.

Unlike the stick and ball sports, in racing your going up against 20-43 other opponents all at once. In football, basketball, baseball, hocket, tennis, etc. it's one on one. One winner, One Loser. In racing there is one winner and up to 42 losers.

Also unlike stick and ball sports, more than anything else, auto racing involves a lot of different factors to be just right to win, including the driver, car, tires, weather conditions, team, pit stops etc.
I would say horse racing is relatively similar to auto racing. Dangerous as in having 1500 pound race horse fall on you or trample you. Lots of variables like in auto racing. Lots of strategy involved and racing luck. And women jockeys are around and do well also. In fact small size helps as in auto racing where weight is important. As the years pass, I believe you will see many more women in auto racing of all kinds just as you do in horse racing. And many will do well. Moreover, I do respect auto racers and horse jockeys as good athletes. I know how much concentration it takes, skill, and how you have to be in very good shape to withstand the g forces and heat, and how one mistake can end in disaster.

---------------------------------------------
2001 Orient Red Metallic Boxster
Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Maybe I should peruse the article but who are the top two? The Williams sisters?

D'oh. Should have read the first post... I just read this thread for all the flaming..
Old 08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
Agreed. Taku did a good job at Edmonton too until he got booted. I'm not hating the guy, i'm just saying better drivers than Danica pay to drive indy.

Some of the Indy racers are better at ovals than road courses, and Danica is one of them. I'm sure there are many reasons why Danica is not as good on road courses, although I won't attempt to speculate. It seems to me Will Power and a few others really excel when the Indy cars are on road courses. I believe Will came up as a road racer and is more at home on a road course. Could be wrong as I often am.

--------------------------------------------
2001 Orient Red Metallic Boxster

Quick Reply: 3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!