Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aero for 997 Turbo

Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 PM
vpmick
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero for 997 Turbo

I would like to get some help/input on adding FUNCTIONAL aero parts or kits to a 997.1 Turbo. I know you might say just move on to a GT3, but I am already invested in my Turbo ( TPC Stage 3+ Suspension, exhaust, apr flash, brakes, Hoosier R6's, seat time/coaching,etc. ) and I really love my car so that is not an option. My car is almost 100% driven on the track and I'm looking for the next step improvement in track times. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:54 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gut it

weight loss will help more than aero
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vpmick
I would like to get some help/input on adding FUNCTIONAL aero parts or kits to a 997.1 Turbo. I know you might say just move on to a GT3, but I am already invested in my Turbo ( TPC Stage 3+ Suspension, exhaust, apr flash, brakes, Hoosier R6's, seat time/coaching,etc. ) and I really love my car so that is not an option. My car is almost 100% driven on the track and I'm looking for the next step improvement in track times. Thanks for the help.
You know the answer, you just don't like the answer....
Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

dont look for huge time improvements on a street car that is used for the track. it also depends on the track . I rememeber my first outing with my rebuilt race car with no aero on it. The first time out, no tuning, no aero. (no GT3 cup wing, or splitter, or even the large hoosier rubber up front only toyos) I was still 1.5 seconds off my best time at a pretty fast track that I frequent) the aero is not a major factor in most cases. Point is you are not going to gain a second by bolting on some huge wing and fabricating some major splitter contraption up front. However, when those things are bolted on, you do get a little more confidence because the car will feel more planted on the high speed turns. again, it really depends on the track.
gut it ! thats where you willl get the best gains. get that weight out of it!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:42 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

the most cost effective way to get better lap times is to improve the DRIVER....coaching is a great idea and data logging helps too....

Taking weight out is HUGE.....my OLD, low powered 928 gets around the track pretty well....because its fairly light at under 2800lbs.....
Old 08-02-2011, 05:17 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Your car has pretty good aero to begin with but, you can simultaneously lighten and add more downforce with a CF wide body kit. My racing partner and sponsor, Speed Gallery, developed a kit for a 997TT and has a complete used set in perfect condition ready to go. Includes front & rear bumpers, fenders & hood, doors, decklid & wing, etc. as pictured below. I don't know what he'll want for it or parts of the kit, but you can call Dan at (818) 766-2321 if you're interested. He's remarkably reasonable....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aero for 997 Turbo