Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks UCR Mosport Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet. and as a trader, ssshhhh on the 'never missed a...." bad luck. hit your knuckles on some wood nearby.

I thought the car looked great all race. The #109 Boxster is 270ish at the motor. Its a new 3.2l this year. My guess is some 240ish at the wheels. Previously we had an F class car previously which was some 15hp less than the #109 car, but i must say that the 987 Boxster makes for a really well handling race car. I always liked the 986 boxsters, but the 987 is just more stable, etc. The 987 chassis is better, the trans is better, and the engine has some 15 HP more. very slick car.

I have AST shocks in the car, as the car is a walking spares for our grand am car, and ast is the spec shock in the ST field.

its funny you mention that about turn 8. I think my one mistake all weekend was not trying different approaches to 8. But i spent thursday learning the track and dialing out some oversteer and maybe went a bit too tight, and ended up with the understeer which kept me wide going into 8.

next time im there im going to try a few different lines. im not sure there are too many lines thru 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 but 8 seems to have some options.
and what a frickin fun turn that was! wow that was awsome.

u and i have the same tires, so if you're turning in early and gaining all that ground, that boxster should roll thru there pretty good.
nice thing about the boxster, and we see this in grand am, is that the car is really easy on tires...Unless you loop it in turn 5!!<G>

Originally Posted by Scott Gerard
The engine is a 3.4, completely stock, never been touched, in fact I just put spark plugs in it for the first time in 5 years, I run pump gas, Sunoco 94. I had it dynoed 3 years ago, 262hp at the rear wheels. Burning a little bit of oil this year, Karl from Racers Edge figures I am at about 245hp at the rear wheels based on our battle in the enduro at the Glen this year.

The tires are 245 and 295. The car has single adjustable JRZ, they have never been adjusted since I bought the car. Ernie from Mantis Sport corner balanced the car at the beginning of this year and keeps me racing, never missed a session due to mechanical failure in 5 years except for a wheel bearing and when the tranny packed it in the enduro at Mosport 2 years ago.

Concur with your analysis of where you were stronger, would suggest you take an earlier entry into 8, I made a lot of time there as you were going the long way around.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd love to hear from any of the NNJR guys.....PM Please
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Scott Gerard
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was telling the guys in my paddock that the boxster I was chasing was really dialed in, I had no idea you were new to the track, I would hate to see how fast you could go after a few more days of practice. Good luck in your next Gran Am race.

Quick Reply: Thanks UCR Mosport Club Race