Sponsored by:

Porsches running with BMWs

Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeJim
Back to the original post, which...as always...seems to have gotten lost in the discussion.

No check rides on Friday for first-time attendees.

"Our club rules and such do not permit us to have a first time attendee at one of our schools participate on the Friday sessions," said Peachtree Chapter Chairman Eric Nissen. "They require that a participating student be with us for 2 schools as a signed off advanced student to be included. I'm sure you are qualified but I can't change these rules."
So what?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Tim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always had good experiences driving with BMWCCA... my first experience was with Genesee Valley BMW chapter... Note that I had already been a PCA instructor for a few years when I attended my first BMWCCA event..

I sat through a classroom session in the morning of the advanced day.. ( It was similar to PCA Instructor training) After the classroom session came the check rides etc... since my ratty 914 has only one seat.... I was "observed by spotters both on and off course" while I was driving when we were out of the classroom...

After my first session.... the Chief Instructor saw me and said I was done with the school, and could instruct in BMWCCA anytime....

Not tooting my own horn... just they want to see that you are competent to get around the track....

You can be a great driver and be a horrible teacher, or be a great teacher and terrible driver...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsches running with BMWs