Sponsored by:

Hamilton... Poster boy for biting the hand that feeds you

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Vettel is not in the same zip code as hammy .....
Vettel is in the 204 zip code, Hamilton's zip is 109. Your right, not even close.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep ... Hamilton was told to maintain the gap ..................
Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
That could be. She was humble in Toronto. She's got a pretty bad image to shake though.
I DVRd the race in Toronto, and Danica now chooses to be a rebel by IGNORING her crew chief. After drilling two cars and coming into the pits, she decided to get out of the car and have an interview while her crew chief kept trying to get her back into the car to finish the race... She responded by ignoring the crew chief and presenting the TV audience an innocent face while explaining she "didn't know what happened out there" and was currently "very confused." Yeah right.

Lewis Hamilton is a great driver used to success, and seems unable to contain his emotions and work with the team to fix the issues. I really like the guy and understand his passion - but he needs to grow up. He reminds me of Tiger Woods in his early 20s...

-B
Old 07-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Bring back Kimi- couldn't get two words either way out him.
I liked that. The dewd just drove- and had the occasional drink <hic>.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:05 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by blake
I DVRd the race in Toronto, and Danica now chooses to be a rebel by IGNORING her crew chief. ..........she "didn't know what happened out there" and was currently "very confused." Yeah right.

-B
Ooops I did not see that. I saw her after her Nascar races and it seemed she had developed or at least presented a better attitude. Maybe not huh. Oh well she can say I had a bad week or its that time of the month or something.

Hamilton has not come with anything but ATTITUDE that I saw. Criticize, blame, fuss, pout, all that.

I mean it makes me smile and laugh to hear Richard Petty talk about giving fans autographs and stop and talk with them and all that and say "OK" like he does. He was glad to do it - although I read he about went broke chasing the promo market.

Once back in the 1980's before Earnhardt was completely off the charts big we were talking and looking at somebodys car at Daytona and he was there too. He started talking about hunting and fishing and we did too. I am not really an old boy, although I am from down in Dixie, but I have hunted and fished around the world and he wanted to get in on that too.

Later when Dale was talking about getting to do a lot of things that most people might never do and that the black #3 Chevy gave him everything he had people just lapped it up. So even though Nascar fans arent the same as F1 fans from all over the world, a little schmoozing never hurts!

I know Hamilton aint from here, like most of the F1 boys, and aint like Earnhardt and Petty guys, but there is a right way to complain. Just say "I need more time to focus on winning the race " or something like that. Not "I aint got time for any of you. Just give me my money and you all buy my stuff and tell me how great I am."

Last edited by TexasRider; 07-21-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:12 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

A Prost in training...
Old 07-21-2011, 01:29 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Who is? Hamilton? How? I thought they couldn't be further from each other.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:31 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
A Prost in training...

Worked out good for him too - until Senna came along.

Actually wasnt Prost "The Professor" or something like that. Of course he did win the Century Motorsports Award so somewhere he must have toned it down some. I think he got fired from one of the teams too. Cant say McLaren maybe? And he split when Senna showed up again. Of course Senna did not get too far past that either.

I guess in retrospect it is interesting how if somebody like Senna dislikes something and comments on it that it is better received than maybe Hamilton. Just who you are and how you say it.

But I dont see Hamilton as Professor II though.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Hamilton has not come with anything but ATTITUDE that I saw. Criticize, blame, fuss, pout, all that.

I know Hamilton aint from here, like most of the F1 boys, and aint like Earnhardt and Petty guys, but there is a right way to complain. Just say "I need more time to focus on winning the race " or something like that. Not "I aint got time for any of you. Just give me my money and you all buy my stuff and tell me how great I am."
Errr let me respond by exchanging Vettel for Hamilton.........

I must be missing something. Hamilton works, he runs good, he wins races, he is the WDC Champ once already and is on the way again, he presents himslf and the team well, he speaks well, hell he even looks good up there, sells F1 and maybe sells stuff along the way.

But the key part of that up there is

He Wins Races.Along with all the other things.

What else does he have to do? I mean Mario, who really did it all driving in his time, only won one WDC.

I realize that somebody might not like him because he is British, or is black , or looks like a dentist.

But he has proved he can bring it home by doing every week. That has to be worth something to you truly hard core racers, car guys, and fans.

There are no freebies out there on the race track. The second place guy wants to win by passing you, all the way down the line, and even the last place guy wants to at least pass you and beat someone ! You dont have to wonder how you did week in and out. It is all right there. And that is right down at your local dirt or asphalt track all the way to F1. It just gets more intense.

Cognitive dissonance there Tex , It's Ok because Vettel wins, well hamilton win races 2 and is also a WDC, where's the slack and Vettel can whine like a 'B" when he doesn't get his way...

Ask Webber..............................................
Old 07-21-2011, 12:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enduro911
Who is? Hamilton? How? I thought they couldn't be further from each other.
Agree,

Hamilton reminds me more of Nigel Mansell fast and furious no brain for the big picture. Hamilton is still very young , there's still hope of achiving greatness and if he was driving a RB, i'm sure the same pundits would be singing his praises ...

2nd only to FA ........
Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope he gets the boot and he sits on a stool for a year. Probably wont happen but I bet (hope) McLaren aint going to to put up with a lot more crapola from him. If he doesnt like it where he is let him walk. There are plenty of drivers. McLaren made Hamilton not the other way around.
Lewis Hamilton is one of the top 5 drivers in Formula One Racing. They won't give him the boot, because if they did, there are 20 teams that would pick him up immediately Hamilton is a pure race driver, with the kind of competitive attitude of a Senna or Lauda. He loves racing, wet or dry and his focus is always to win. He sort of reminds me of a little kid when he is on the podium
Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Top 2 , one of the top 2 .....Vettel is top 5 .............
Old 07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Top 2 , one of the top 2 .....Vettel is top 5 .............
Like all other 2 time WDC. No better than top 5, right?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:31 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Wayne,

I guess you just have to like some of these guy style right?

Well I do like them . All of them really.

I just have a bad hard azz hard edge right wing Texas thing. I hate to see guys whine, cry, moan and blame. Everywhere. From the hardware store right up through the US Congress to F1. There is just way to much of it today. I guess it was always there but it is in your face today. I hate it!!!!

As much as these guys make, as much talent as they have, the great but tough job, babes, etc etc etc

THERE AINT NO WHINING IN F1

THERE AINT NO CRYING IN FORMULA 1

and then I will like Hamiltons style a lot lot better.

Style comes with age I guess. That is why you and I are so stylish !

Last edited by TexasRider; 07-21-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: sp
Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

But I dont see Hamilton as Professor II though.
No not at all. Hamilton did not come from the same mold that Prost came from. Hamilton thinks he is the 2nd coming of Ayrton Senna. He even wears a similar colored helmet. When Hamilton charges hard and passes other cars, he looks brilliant. But he presently lacks the consistency of Senna. He is more in line with the "On and off" of Gilles Villeneuve. Another hard charger who made some brilliant passes in his time. But also wrecked his car on more than one occasion. When things do not go as planned in a race for Lewis Hamilton, there is a whole lot of carbon fiber left on the track. Hamilton is still learning, and who knows what the future holds for him. You need a top car to be champ. But the cars do not drive themselves. You still need the guy behind the wheel making good decisions corner after corner, race after race to be champ. It won't be happening, but I still think making Hamilton drive an HRT for a season would do wonders to show him how good he has had it at McLaren.

Quick Reply: Hamilton... Poster boy for biting the hand that feeds you