Hamilton... Poster boy for biting the hand that feeds you

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Like all other 2 time WDC. No better than top 5, right?
Errr No ..
Vettel is not a 2 wdc, the current 2 time WDC is the no1 driver in F1 ask anyone involved in the sport ..
Ohh snap .. they said he was no 1 ........

Questions :

Name a driver that could not win a Wdc driving Vettel's RB .
Now name a driver who would be in that RB and lose to Button on the last lap .
Now name a driver who would need team orders to beat Webber in said RB .

Thought so .......
Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

What mold was that C2 ....? I will give you a few minutes to respond after reviewing Wiki .......
Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I will give you a few minutes to respond after reviewing Wiki .......
What is this obsession you have with the Wiki?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:07 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
No not at all. Hamilton did not come from the same mold that Prost came from. Hamilton thinks he is the 2nd coming of Ayrton Senna. He even wears a similar colored helmet. When Hamilton charges hard and passes other cars, he looks brilliant. But he presently lacks the consistency of Senna. He is more in line with the "On and off" of Gilles Villeneuve. Another hard charger who made some brilliant passes in his time. But also wrecked his car on more than one occasion. When things do not go as planned in a race for Lewis Hamilton, there is a whole lot of carbon fiber left on the track. Hamilton is still learning, and who knows what the future holds for him. You need a top car to be champ. But the cars do not drive themselves. You still need the guy behind the wheel making good decisions corner after corner, race after race to be champ. It won't be happening, but I still think making Hamilton drive an HRT for a season would do wonders to show him how good he has had it at McLaren.
This ... Pure wiki BS , you do realize Gilles had a car that was on /off itself and while Hamilton have incidents , how many were all Hamilton's . Canada was Button driving the man into the wall , where's the outrage against Button.

What about Vettel driving and cutting Mark .. dangerous ... Pleaseee this is racing, F1 ! I have no problem with Hamilton's attacks , while some where mis-timed , he's all racer and i enjoy such .

Old 07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This ... Pure wiki BS , you do realize Gilles had a car that was on /off itself and while Hamilton have incidents , how many were all Hamilton's . Canada was Button driving the man into the wall , where's the outrage against Button.

What about Vettel driving and cutting Mark .. dangerous ... Pleaseee this is racing, F1 ! I have no problem with Hamilton's attacks , while some where mis-timed , he's all racer and i enjoy such .

I have to take umbrage with your remark that Button drove Hamilton into the wall. Hamilton went for a space that was not there. An aggressive move, and they were racing for position, but not a dirty move by JB.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by chris walrod
A Prost in training...
Prost left a margin, admittedly so.

Hamilton leaves no margin.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:36 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Hamilton is not even CLOSE to anything SENNA !

No way.

No shape.

No form.

No how.

No matter what he thinks.

Can you tell I am a Senna fan. My style.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

This ... Pure wiki BS , you do realize Gilles had a car that was on /off itself and while Hamilton have incidents , how many were all Hamilton's . Canada was Button driving the man into the wall , where's the
outrage against Button.
Once again what is this obsession you have with the wiki? Gilles Villeneuve was the reason why I became a fan of F1. I was watching the races when he was in the sport. He was a national icon. But he also had his faults. Watch the 1979 Dutch Grand Prix and you will see the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Gilles Villeneuve all in one race (all the races starting from the 1970s can be downloaded from here).

No driver is perfect, they all make mistakes. Not even your beloved Fernando Alonso who if you need to be reminded drove himself into the wall under the tunnel in Monaco trying to pass on the dirty line, a place where everyone and the dog knows is NOT the place to pass and Alonso's first reaction to his own dumb *** maneuver was to give Ralph Schumacher the bird.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Now name a driver who would need team orders to beat Webber in said RB .

Thought so .......
That's easy....... Fergie Alonso! We're on the 1 year anniversary at the German GP of the ......

"Felipe, Fernando is faster than you. Confirm that you understand this message".

Is it more embarassing to be have Webber putting pressure on you in an attempt to pass you when you were told to save the car and finish the race.... OR..... is it more embarassing to not be able to pass your teammate who is coming off a head injury and having to cry on the radio so that the pitwall has to tell your teammate to lift to let you pass? I'm thinking the latter rather than the former.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
I have to take umbrage with your remark that Button drove Hamilton into the wall. Hamilton went for a space that was not there. An aggressive move, and they were racing for position, but not a dirty move by JB.
Watch the replay again, Button knew hamilton was there and coming , he drove Hamilton into the wall ....

Originally Posted by Pete
That's easy....... Fergie Alonso! We're on the 1 year anniversary at the German GP of the ......

"Felipe, Fernando is faster than you. Confirm that you understand this message".
Nice try RUSTYNUTS ..... maintain the gap , switch to map 4 and ohh by the way give me that front wing ...

Old 07-21-2011, 04:56 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Watch the replay again, Button knew hamilton was there and coming , he drove Hamilton into the wall ....

Nice try RUSTYNUTS ..... maintain the gap , switch to map 4 and ohh by the way give me that front wing ...

No need to watch the replay. I was in attendance and saw the event repeated several times. It was a low percentage move on Hamiltons part. Considering the conditions, I doubt even you could have seen anything in those mirrors. Further, Button moved onto the racing line, to which he was entitled.

To be clear, I am not criticizing Hamilton. He's immensely talented. He just tried a move that was risky even in clear conditions.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello McFly, it was a WET race. Button was spraying up a rooster tail and it's pretty hard to see in those tiny mirrors these cars have. Further, if you listened to Button's radio tranmission, the first things out of his mouth are "What is he doing!!" believing that Hamilton ran into the back of him. After the race Button confirmed that he did not see Hamilton behind him.

Alonso, you are "GRANDE" try your best to pass Petrov and the WDC is yours...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
No need to watch the replay. I was in attendance and saw the event repeated several times. It was a low percentage move on Hamiltons part. Considering the conditions, I doubt even you could have seen anything in those mirrors. Further, Button moved onto the racing line, to which he was entitled.

To be clear, I am not criticizing Hamilton. He's immensely talented. He just tried a move that was risky even in clear conditions.
You beat me to the visiblity factor in the Canadian GP....
Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Errr No ..
Vettel is not a 2 wdc, the current 2 time WDC is the no1 driver in F1 ask anyone involved in the sport ..
Ohh snap .. they said he was no 1 ........

I'm feeling a free buzz coming on. Want to bet a bottle? I bet Vettel is a 2 time WDC at the end of this season. You take, no he will not be a 2 time WDC at the end of this season.

Questions :

Name a driver that could not win a Wdc driving Vettel's RB . Mark Webber! Dah!

Now name a driver who would be in that RB and lose to Button on the last lap . No good driver ever makes a mistake, much less in the rain. Let me think....Who was it that crashed out in that race....that other bad driver....what is his name? Oh yah, Fernando Alonso.

Now name a driver who would need team orders to beat Webber in said RB . That same guy who could not pass the Russian rookie in a donkey cart. That would be the same guy that needed that radio transmission....What was it again....? Oh yah..."Fernando is faster than you. Do you understand?" This coming when team orders were illegal by F1 rules. That is known as Cheating. FA got his extra points by cheating.
Thought so .......
What says you?

Quick Reply: Hamilton... Poster boy for biting the hand that feeds you