Sponsored by:

Hamilton... Poster boy for biting the hand that feeds you

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:33 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
You beat me to the visiblity factor in the Canadian GP....
Fully agree, and i raced there that same day. Nobody in their right mind tries that same move there. Makes no sense,; it is just desperate ignorance/arrogance.

But what annoys me the most is Ham's own manufactured resemblances with Senna. That is just ridiculuous, he is nowhere near Ayrton's shadow.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:05 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Fully agree, and i raced there that same day. Nobody in their right mind tries that same move there. Makes no sense,; it is just desperate ignorance/arrogance.

But what annoys me the most is Ham's own manufactured resemblances with Senna. That is just ridiculuous, he is nowhere near Ayrton's shadow.
By the way, your car looks really cool in person. Job well done in Montreal.

No, Hamilton is not Senna. Not even close.

Michael Andretti, after his time at McLaren, noted that he needs a car to be working for him to be competitive. By his own admission, he has/had a harder time driving through problems. Senna, on the other hand, could drive through the problems as though they did not exist. Hamilton, while very talented and aggressive, has yet to prove that capability.

And then there's the whole religion/out of body stuff...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
What says you?
Mark Webber never drove Vettels car ... duh ... Vettel did drive scott speed's car and was slower.. fact jack!!!

Now name me a current driver who has lost a race on the last lap while leading .Yeah thought so and real ballsy of you to Bet now with a 96 point lead .....

race by race ...?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:32 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
By the way, your car looks really cool in person. Job well done in Montreal.

No, Hamilton is not Senna. Not even close.

Michael Andretti, after his time at McLaren, noted that he needs a car to be working for him to be competitive. By his own admission, he has/had a harder time driving through problems. Senna, on the other hand, could drive through the problems as though they did not exist. Hamilton, while very talented and aggressive, has yet to prove that capability.

And then there's the whole religion/out of body stuff...
Hamilton has never said he was as good as Senna and again look at the video , Button moved over on Hamilton , his intent was to block , he was suprised Hamilton was alongside when he did , nothing else..

Funny how bad Button was all day hitting cars off at everyturn , yet no roar from the pundits , he ended Alonso day and i'm absolutely sure if he did not put Hamilton into the wall , he ( hamilton ) would have won that race ...

Epilog:

I forgave Button after he pegged Stooley and later Breaking it off in Boywonder.. yeah , I kinda like him ,, a bit now..
Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Interesting Comment CGomez...

Which F1 team/Car where you driving ? it did not seem like a hard thing for a super liscense driver in an aero F1 car on rain tires to do .. hmm i could be wrong as i thought i saw others use that same line to setup the inside pass at the next turn .

M.... surely you are not comparing Michael Andretti to Hamilton...........
Old 07-22-2011, 12:48 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

Which F1 team/Car where you driving ? it did not seem like a hard thing for a super liscense driver in an aero F1 car on rain tires to do .. hmm i could be wrong as i thought i saw others use that same line to setup the inside pass at the next turn .
Is there an emoticon for "roll my f-ing eyes"????

cgomez races in the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge. They raced during the Grand Prix du Canada over the June 10-12 weekend. Look it up.

Back to the inane drivel...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:50 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Hamilton has never said he was as good as Senna
Not in so many words, but he has always compared himself to Senna since his rookie year and on multiple times a year especially when he races in wet conditions.. he will evoke Senna's name and his in the same sentence.

I think some of you have hit on it. He's a guy in his early 20s who has had some success in his career, with more money than he will ever need, an international super star, dating or engaged (depending on who you talk to) to an international pop star. Life is REALLY good.

He'd rather party in Monaco or South Beach than meet with sponsors or do tire testing assignments. He's not as hungry anymore and just needs a car that is competitive.

The problem is, he wants the engineers to produce that car without him having to do anything to make it better.

Sure Hamilton can attack and pass people when he has fresh tires, but if your in his way, he'll drive over you just as well as go around. This last race really showed how he burns through tires quite quickly and knows absolutely ZERO about tire management.

At this point, I see Hamilton as exciting to watch: for the passes or crashes. NA$CAR awaits this chap!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:00 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Pete , you obvioulsy know nothing about Lewis hamilton so please stop ..

Hamilton has never said he was as good as senna or that he will be the next, Senna. agree there is one driver at Mclaren who can't drive his way throught a wet paper bag if the car isn't 100% and it's not Hamilton...

Hamilton is in a bad postion at Mclaren and it will be this way for him until he leaves for mercedes in 2013, he is in the same dead water Montoya was in when at Williams..

Don't mistake his frustration for petulance ....
Old 07-22-2011, 01:06 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blake
Is there an emoticon for "roll my f-ing eyes"????

cgomez races in the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge. They raced during the Grand Prix du Canada over the June 10-12 weekend. Look it up.

Back to the inane drivel...
I guess my response went over your head, so you decided to give me a tip .... Well i will reciprocate, put the plug back in, the drivel will stop , but stay out of the pool ...

Now seeing how you missed the 6.0 level sarcasm i will break it down for yuh ...

Cgomez does not drive an F1 car , i know that ! He also does not have an F1 Super liscense , i know that too, so my point was he could not tell what L hamilton was capable of doing or not doing from his experience on the track. Hamilton thought he was capable of making that pass and if he was given the room , he would have IMO, there were no grip issue nor did he lose control of the car , he just ran out of room after closing 15 seconds on Button in 1 lap ...
Old 07-22-2011, 01:17 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

M.... surely you are not comparing Michael Andretti to Hamilton...........
Says the guy that has never raced in his life... oh wait.... Wayne does have his "Bench Racing Super License" . Yes, you could tell the conditions from your armchair seat in your house vs. a fellow RLer who was actual ON TRACK!!!

Dude, your a frickin joke on RL.... look around.... we're laughing at you... not with you...
Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

We.? Still counting while rubbing one.... I guess Hamilton never knew the conditions, RL knows more, this is your response..

What a Tart ......
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Wayne, your passion for these guys must be endless. Thats great.

But it is virtually indefensible that some of Hamiltons "moves" are anything other than an ill considered attempt to bluff someone else over and let Hamilton by so that he can continue his wild rush to the front. Or so he thinks.

Does it really make any sense to anyone that Vettel is just toddling along out front in a F1 race because he has the best car. And of course your idea that it is all team orders. I guess it is also team orders that he qualified on pole over and over. All those other cars and drivers had the same team orders. Right now Hamilton is not as good as Vettel. Webber is not as good. Alonso is not as good. Vettel is obviously able to communicate what he needs out of the car on race day better than most of them are doing right now. And he is able to keep driving through the difficulties he encounters. Not so for LH as it seems this warps his reality.

This was the great great strength of Senna. He would tell his engineers and techs what had happened in the car, to the car, with great accuracy and detail. Many times the data loggers backed up exactly what he said. Then they could dial up the car close enough so that he could go qulaify on pole or close enough that he could work his way through it during the race and come home in front or on the podium.

Right now I belive Hamilton just wants the team to do it his way. But he does not know what that is exactly, other than make it right so he can win. They dont know what that is.

Then he gets frustrated and makes a bonehead attempt to pass. There is a big difference in a surprise move and a bonehead move. I think he actually beileves that they should let him by. It aint happening.

And worse he doesnt just trade a little paint he takes his car out in the process. I bet his builders are losing their desire a bit for him too. They want to see him take chances but not bone head moves and tear up the car and their chance to get up to the podium or move up in points.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:41 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks for that from a man out there doing it. I enjoyed your thread on the race too.

Of course I am a Senna fan. And I will trumpet him the way Wayne does Hammy. But there was a lot more to Senna than just talent and aggressive driving.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete
Says the guy that has never raced in his life... oh wait.... Wayne does have his "Bench Racing Super License" . Yes, you could tell the conditions from your armchair seat in your house vs. a fellow RLer who was actual ON TRACK!!!

Dude, your a frickin joke on RL.... look around.... we're laughing at you... not with you...
I wish I could say that I was real world race car driver. But I am not. I am nothing more than a regular "open lapping track day rat". What I do on my local race track (push myself to my limits) is definitely different than a person who is in a real world race. But this is an interesting website. It's not a place where a bunch of virtual racers come to tell each other how great they are in the virtual world. There are actual real world racer car drivers here. So when someone chimes in who was in their car, at the track, participating in a GT3 support race for the Grand Prix weekend, we should listen to them as there is a good chance they know a lot more about certain things than we do.

Lewis Hamilton's attempt at passing Button in Montreal, taking the outside line, in the rain was poor judgment. Obviously I will never drive an F1 car. But I have driven the less powerful Formula Renault cousin on more than one occasion and visibility in your mirrors in a Formula car is limited. Add rain in racing conditions and it is laughable to blame Button for this incident. We all know Lewis Hamilton is a talented F1 race car driver. That was never in question. It is his attitude that is being questioned.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
I wish I could say that I was real world race car driver. But I am not. I am nothing more than a regular "open lapping track day rat". What I do on my local race track (push myself to my limits) is definitely different than a person who is in a real world race. But this is an interesting website. It's not a place where a bunch of virtual racers come to tell each other how great they are in the virtual world. There are actual real world racer car drivers here. So when someone chimes in who was in their car, at the track, participating in a GT3 support race for the Grand Prix weekend, we should listen to them as there is a good chance they know a lot more about certain things than we do.
Exactly. I had no idea cgomez was in the support race, but his credibility as to the conditions that weekend ON TRACK carry a lot more weight than Waynes. Just a mind blowing response by him. that's all.

Quick Reply: Hamilton... Poster boy for biting the hand that feeds you