Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horner to Webber: Our team. If you don't like it there are others that want the seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
The question marks are appropriate. Maybe there is a double standard, maybe not. Let's consider the circumstances - In last year's crash, both drivers were competing heads up w/o either having a significant points lead. Not so this year. Also, where were they in the race? Last year they were in the middle of the race with nothing decided. At Silverstone, it was the last few laps of the race and positions were already decided, assuming each driver maintained their current pace. No one was going to overtake FA. Why not maintain position and score points with both cars?

Horner is speaking as an employer. I imagine he fells dis-ed by Mark disobeying a direct order and then bragging about it the media.

And at the end of the day, even with Seb backing off, Webbo was not able to overtake him.
Exactly. As I said above I cant see what the issue is here other than just mumbo jumbo. I am in Horners camp on this.

Webber was not in position to win this race. Webber was not in poistion to take over or even come close to the WDC points. So they said just bring it home where you are. Ok.

I am sure RBR wants him to get out front too. They just want him to do it in the next race, or the one after that, or even the one after that.

I dont think going to another car or team is going to help Webber. He is on the best team, with the best cars, and has been this way for 2 or 3 seasons. The only place he could go with even a chance is Ferrari. But not likely. He would still be behind Vettel. Vettels race here just got lost on the jack. And maybe Alonso still wins. Vettel flat said Alonso won and deserved to win. I would look for the same from Webber too.

I dont have a favorite in this. Well I do, but he isnt there any more. Senna. It is just that Vettel is rolling right now. It is just how it is.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:46 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So vettel was cruising, so why the blocking ...LOL .

Webber had more pace than Vettel , Vettel's driving had become desperate in his attempt to keep mark behind him, hence RB intervention and if the position didn't mean a damn thing, then why didn't Vettel move over and give mark the position , he has a big point lead why mess with it ................

Precisely ..
Old 07-14-2011, 11:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
So vettel was cruising, so why the blocking ...LOL .

Webber had more pace than Vettel , Vettel's driving had become desperate in his attempt to keep mark behind him, hence RB intervention and if the position didn't mean a damn thing, then why didn't Vettel move over and give mark the position , he has a big point lead why mess with it ................

Precisely ..
Easy question to answer.... Webber had more pace than Vettel because they were told to hold position and Webber DISOBEYED A DIRECT TEAM ORDER. I don't see what is hard to understand about that.

Vettel can see that Webber is not "holding position" and tried to sucker punch him and pass.

If I was Vettel, I would have Webber pass and have him answer to Horner after the race just like Alonso had to answer to Ron Dennis after blocking Hamilton in the pits at Hungary.

If I was Vettel, and I wanted Webber off the team, I would have initiated contact and gotten Webber fired for crashing both cars out.

If I was Horner, I'd be sitting Webber down this weekend to send a message to him and any other SOB that thinks they can get paid millions of $$ and go against the team. He is an employee of RBR, not Mark Webber Inc. and if he wants to run strategy, he can go out and buy a kart team and call his own shots!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
He is an employee of RBR, not Mark Webber Inc. and if he wants to run strategy, he can go out and buy a kart team and call his own shots!!

^^^Yeah and thats why you run a scale electrix team .........farking clueless ...

If it was not a big deal let him by , infact it was and they attempted to control the race for Boy wonder at Mark's expense, seeing how that sorry sop Vettel was slower all weekend ....

Alonso and Hamilton in a competitve car would make vettel look low rent and Alonso is still in F1 , Ron ...? who got fired ?

Punk ,,,

Last edited by A.Wayne; 07-15-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:08 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

seeing how that sorry sop Vettel was slower all weekend ....
Did you happen to catch the part of the race when the red lights were turned off? Boy wonder beat MW to the first corner and left the old man in the dust as he always does.

Just once this year, I'd like to see vettel have a mishap and miss Q3 and Webber on pole. I have no doubt Seb would hunt Webber down during the first half of the race and pass him in the 2nd half.

It really isn't close between these two drivers don't know whey people here even think it is.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:17 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Alonso and Hamilton in a competitve car would make vettel look blah blah blah
Newsflash Alonso is in a competitive car. He finished 2 tenths of a second off of Webber's pole qualifying time in Silverstone and was only 75 hundredths of a second slower than Vettel. 2 tenths and 75 hundredths is like a snap of the fingers or a blink of an eye. McLaren does appear to be a step behind Ferrari and it was always two steps behind Red Bull in qualifying. But it is no slouch in the races. Your blind hatred towards Vettel is clouding your judgment (if you ever had any to begin with).
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 AM
wilhelm
Advanced

If it was not a big deal let him by , infact it was and they attempted to control the race for Boy wonder at Mark's expense, seeing how that sorry sop Vettel was slower all weekend ....
Why should any driver let someone else pass? Especially for points position with 2-3 laps left in the race? Wouldn't this be considering fake racing, just as bad as team orders which are legal now.

I really don't know why I bother replying, its like arguing with a 3 yr old.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:56 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I dont remember Horner having the same stance when Seb risked the same and took himself out. Webbo was leading the race at the time. Double standards???
2010 was different from 2011. In 2010 both drivers were in relativly equal positions for the season. In 2011 Vettel is clearly leading Webber. Points, Poles, laps lead, and pace.

Also I Seb was told to "back off" for reliablity reasons then Webber the attack is false because the team slowed Vettel down on purpose. In Turkey 2010 both drivers were going full bore.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
If I was Vettel, I would have Webber pass and have him answer to Horner after the race just like Alonso had to answer to Ron Dennis after blocking Hamilton in the pits at Hungary.
Last I remember, it was Lewis who disobeyed Ron's team orders to let Alonso pass, so he could burn his fuel. Lewis disobeyed the orders and instead kept going. Alonso hence had to take matters in his own hands and block him in the pits as payback.
As expected, it was Alonso who was called to the pits since Lewis is Ron's Biatch.
Losing memory there bud!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
Newsflash Alonso is in a competitive car. He finished 2 tenths of a second off of Webber's pole qualifying time in Silverstone and was only 75 hundredths of a second slower than Vettel. 2 tenths and 75 hundredths is like a snap of the fingers or a blink of an eye. McLaren does appear to be a step behind Ferrari and it was always two steps behind Red Bull in qualifying. But it is no slouch in the races. Your blind hatred towards Vettel is clouding your judgment (if you ever had any to begin with).
Ahem, didn't that just recently happen? or was that the case all yr? You want to measure everything based on the last result?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Last I remember, it was Lewis who disobeyed Ron's team orders to let Alonso pass, so he could burn his fuel. Lewis disobeyed the orders and instead kept going. Alonso hence had to take matters in his own hands and block him in the pits as payback.
As expected, it was Alonso who was called to the pits since Lewis is Ron's Biatch.
Losing memory there bud!
I remember. Hamilton is no angel either, but IIRC that was the first time either one had went against team orders that year. Alonso should have let RD handle things.

No question that Alonso's blocking in the pits was the beginning of the end for him at Mac
Old 07-15-2011, 02:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Team orders ... wait, there is no " I " in team.

Please keep going with your history lesson.... I can't wait until you get to the chapter on "Blackmail".
Old 07-15-2011, 02:14 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Team orders ... wait, there is no " I " in team.

Please keep going with your history lesson.... I can't wait until you get to the chapter on "Blackmail".
We should do a poll on our favorite chapter. I'm partial to the ordering of Piquet into the wall to secure Alonso a race win .... and a hollow one at that as he had NO CHANCE at a WDC. Forward by Flava Flav and Pat Symonds....
Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
teamking
Pro

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
So really we had a completely unnecessary race going on.
That's the best quote in this whole thread!

...and it's why team orders should be banned. These are racers, in race cars, at a race. Let's have a PARADE!
Old 07-15-2011, 03:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Yes and he won , wasn't that my point ? You are the only blind one here Chokey ......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 07-15-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Horner to Webber: Our team. If you don't like it there are others that want the seat