Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great NNJR event at T-bolt this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Great NNJR event at T-bolt this weekend!

Had a great time this weekend with NNJR !

Very well run event .....great instruction {thank you Knute}!! And lots of fun with great people saturday night!

Thanks all!!!!

Last edited by J Berk; 06-27-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also a member..........just too busy to go.

I need to find time for NNJR events
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was there providing data coaching on Saturday and I have to say that it was definitely a more relaxed atmosphere than I remember with NNJR from years ago. Everyone seemed to be having a great time and the event ran very smoothly.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess no more Knute.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 AM
drdrank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great weekend. Lots of fun. That matte black 996 was bad ***.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

I had a blast there.. Frankly always did have fun with NNJR.. Schedules just didn't intersect last two years.. Really nice event, nice people and relaxed atmosphere. The end of day Saturday "social" was a nice touch. Plenty of track time, friendly faces, good driving and some of the best open passing in Red that I have seen anywhere. Thanks NNJR!!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 AM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

And please.. No Knute bashing.. He was there and worked hard. The past is past and he is a very nice guy. 200% student (instruction) focused and volunteered to carry two students (as did I) so more wait listed green drivers could come. We chatted several times during the weekend and he was one of the guys who made the fluid and REAL open passing so much fun.

Thanks also to George Calfo (another two student volunteer) who instructed my girlfriend and showed great patience, insight, understanding and inspired comfort and confidence in her. She was raving about him the whole way home.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:29 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dan212
And please.. No Knute bashing.. He was there and worked hard. The past is past and he is a very nice guy. 200% student (instruction) focused and volunteered to carry two students (as did I) so more wait listed green drivers could come. We chatted several times during the weekend and he was one of the guys who made the fluid and REAL open passing so much fun.

Thanks also to George Calfo (another two student volunteer) who instructed my girlfriend and showed great patience, insight, understanding and inspired comfort and confidence in her. She was raving about him the whole way home.
+1000

As I said in my OP...Knute was my instructor and was FANTASTIC !

I would have him instruct me again in a heartbeat !!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile

Ever since Knute started running with NASA NE he has mellowed.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:31 AM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1001 as well.

I am on the Board of NNJR and we really want everyone to come out and have fun. For the last few years we have worked hard to make our events user friendly, to make sure we had the best Instructors, get everyone in who wants to drive, and to keep our commitment to Safe Serious Fun.

I was working Tower this past weekend and got a great view of some really excellent driving. We did have a very good Instructor turn-out which really helped as we had quite a few students. All-in-all we had a great time on and off the track. Nice having the catered Happy Hour(s) to hang out and recap the day on Saturday.

You can sign up for our events on www.motorsportreg.com and our next events are:

Mosport: July 15-17
Watkins Glen: Aug. 5-7
Lightning: Sept. 9-11
Watkins Glen (Solo Drivers): Sept. 19-20

Tom
Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

+1 on NNJR being a great club to run with!!! Everybody in NNJR is doing a great job on making sure the events are a bunch of Porsche nuts who like to get together to enjoy their cars in an enthusiastic fashion! NNJR truly understands that people want to go to a track event to have fun.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TAI2
+1001 as well.

I am on the Board of NNJR and we really want everyone to come out and have fun. For the last few years we have worked hard to make our events user friendly, to make sure we had the best Instructors, get everyone in who wants to drive, and to keep our commitment to Safe Serious Fun.

I was working Tower this past weekend and got a great view of some really excellent driving. We did have a very good Instructor turn-out which really helped as we had quite a few students. All-in-all we had a great time on and off the track. Nice having the catered Happy Hour(s) to hang out and recap the day on Saturday.

You can sign up for our events on www.motorsportreg.com and our next events are:

Mosport: July 15-17
Watkins Glen: Aug. 5-7
Lightning: Sept. 9-11
Watkins Glen (Solo Drivers): Sept. 19-20

Tom
Waitlisted for Watkins....hope I get in! Will be my 1st time running with NNJR. I heard it was a great group!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 AM
EPWilson
Advanced

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Waitlisted for Watkins....hope I get in! Will be my 1st time running with NNJR. I heard it was a great group!
Same with me for the Glen. I'm an NNJR member but schedules haven't worked out yet to do a DE with the region. I did my first DE last year at Pocono with RTR and had a great time, so I'm looking forward to many more!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
911FM
Racer

+1 on a great week-end!

FM
Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by J Berk
Had a great time this weekend with NNJR !

Very well run event .....great instruction {thank you Knute}!! And lots of fun with great people saturday night!

Thanks all!!!!
Hey Joe - it was great seeing you last weekend.

I second everything that Joe said here - it was a great event, and I feel like I learned a lot. According to Harry's Lap Timer app on my iPhone, I shaved 10 seconds off my lap time over the course of the weekend*!

*obviously, this wasn't a timed event, I just used the app to quantify the effect of the changes in my driving that my instructor recommended

Quick Reply: Great NNJR event at T-bolt this weekend!