Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Geography is not your strong suit

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
In the summer? How about in September? You don't think Austin is humid?

Singapore, Malaysia Grand Prix, and the Austrialia Grand Prix... ALL in March and April dude.
Let me help you.

Singapore and Malaysia are Equatorial and Tropcal which means no real seasons. except dry and wet. Not too many snow storms in Singapore.

Austrlalia is South of the Equator so the Seasos are reversed. So March equals October in Austin.

Looks like you did not pay attention in school.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

One more thread trolled into oblivion...

Dave, haven't managed to put the ends together, duty calls...also still hoping that glen pulls together the PL deal again, as long as it's not on top of rennsport...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Appears you're pretty good at guessing the world's "Seasos" amigo!

Originally Posted by FGL28
Let me help you.

Singapore and Malaysia are Equatorial and Tropcal which means no real seasons. except dry and wet. Not too many snow storms in Singapore.

Austrlalia is South of the Equator so the Seasos are reversed. So March equals October in Austin.

Yet you haven't been able to figure out the Texas weather patterns ONLY 1500 miles due east of you.

Bottom line is that the Austin USGP will most likely be very hot and humid. You likey?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,336 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Let me help you.

Exactly -- EVERY race there is unbelievablely hot and humid.

How Franky derailed this thread from access roads to hot and humid is beyond me, but perhaps Frank is unaware that Bernie doesn't care if the race was held at Austin in the dead of August. These days the Circus comes once a year to North America and it's around the Montreal race.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To me the temperature is a major concern for the fans hombre!

Originally Posted by Pete
How Franky derailed this thread from access roads to hot and humid is beyond me, but perhaps Frank is unaware that Bernie doesn't care if the race was held at Austin in the dead of August. These days the Circus comes once a year to North America and it's around the Montreal race.
Been attending F1 races since the 70's so it's obvious to me how The Circus shakes out it's venues. My second major concern is that Mad Monk Bernie. Have to tell you that building a dedicated F1 track with that midget firmly attached to your short hairs is freaking RISKY

You are correct that it'll be paired with Montreal so that will be sometime in the summer. Latitude 45 for The Great White North and Latitude 30 for Austin which would typically follow the Canadian event.

Getting back to the roads leading into the facility for both ingress and egress... word on the street in Austin that this is going to be a freaking fiasco of major proportions. God willing, they'll build a helipad or two. That's the only way I'm going there.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

The organizers think that they will actually get a race date coincident more with Brazil than Montreal. So I guess we can believe them...or Frankly Bull****t.

It is hilarious to see him call someone a midget, though. Priceless projection right there...
Old 06-01-2011, 08:43 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default It's you who does not know the weather of the Grand Prix locations

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
Yet you haven't been able to figure out the Texas weather patterns ONLY 1500 miles due east of you.

Bottom line is that the Austin USGP will most likely be very hot and humid. You likey?

Let me help you.

Austrlalia is South of the Equator so the Seasons are reversed. So March equals October in Austin.

Tropical = hot and humid

Humid = Austin weather

And just think I left out the Brazilian Grand Prix another hot and humid location.

VR time to close the thread.

Quick Reply: Austin F1 update: access road improvements approved