Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race at Rennsport At Laguna....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PCA Club Race at Rennsport At Laguna....

Just received a PCA e-blast announcing PCA will have 2 race groups at Laguna Oct. 14-16th. 6 and 7 cups in one group, all others in the other group.

Anyone know if there's a sound restriction for that event?
Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

that sounds like fun. in addition to the POC weekend in what, August?
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So will PDC be there, or is PCA a replacement?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've not heard yet. Hoping it's an unrestricted weekend - I can't believe they would dedicate a run group to 996 and 997 cup cars and then say it's a 92 db weekend. What cup would come?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:04 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

How much is the entry fee?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

No specific info released in their blast. Isn't this the same weekend as GMG's Global Tuners event last year which was unrestricted?

"PCA Club Racing at Rennsport Reunion IV to be held at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - October 14-16, 2011

PCA Club Racing is very pleased to announce that as part of Rennsport Reunion IV at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca there will be two PCA Club Racing groups. One group will be for Porsche 996 and 997 based Cup cars and the second group will be for all other PCA classes. In addition to the PCA class winners, there will be trophies awarded for overall group winners. The two racing events will be held under PCA Club Racing Rules and managed by the PCA Club Racing National Staff. Each group will have up to 50 cars. Due to scheduling there will be no Rookie License Candidates allowed at this event. Provisional Candidates who have licenses from other recognized sanctioning bodies will be accepted. Registration will be on www.ClubRegistration.net. Look for further announcements in the next few weeks."

Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unrestricted noise.

This is part of the Rennsport Reunion IV event.

PDC will not be racing as part of this event, contrary to previous information issued by them.

As with the previous RR's and also events such as the Monterey Historics, there will be a limited number of on track sessions. The Cup Car group will be the feature race of the weekend. The schedule was posted on the internet by PCNA and SCRAMP although I can't find it right now.

My recollection is the entry fee will be $750 for PCA Club Racers, although my ageing brain may have that wrong. More details should be emailed from Susan shortly, with registration opening in the not so distant future. My bet is the PCA CR groups will fill quickly.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Unrestricted noise.

PDC will not be racing as part of this event, contrary to previous information issued by them.

As with the previous RR's and also events such as the Monterey Historics, there will be a limited number of on track sessions. The Cup Car group will be the feature race of the weekend. The schedule was posted on the internet by PCNA and SCRAMP although I can't find it right now.

My recollection is the entry fee will be $750 for PCA Club Racers, although my ageing brain may have that wrong. More details should be emailed from Susan shortly, with registration opening in the not so distant future. My bet is the PCA CR groups will fill quickly.
Thanks Steward. Sounds like a great event for PCA. I agree it will sell out quickly as everyone wants to run unrestricted there since we almost never get the opportunity.....
Old 05-18-2011, 01:31 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Thanks Steward. Sounds like a great event for PCA. I agree it will sell out quickly as everyone wants to run unrestricted there since we almost never get the opportunity.....
SCCA runs there 3 times a year at 103db. (which is pretty loud)

Unrestricted noise.

Is there any chance that you can sign up for one day instead of the full weekend? I have a conflict that weekend and cant make both days.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Is there any chance that you can sign up for one day instead of the full weekend? I have a conflict that weekend and cant make both days" Mark Kibort

Mark, is there any chance that SCRAMP would allow PCA to only pay X dollars for one day and then X less your fee for the other two days since you can't drive there?

Not likely and even less likely that PCA CR will be splitting the registration into daily charges.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I was asking, because if PCA doesnt want my money if they have spots available left, thats too bad, as it would be a win win for PCA and Me as i have one day available that weekend to race. PCA pays for the track no matter what, and incremental revenue is revenue. if there is a spot avaible, and by driving one day, they dont miss the revenue for a full paying customer, then why not?
I do this all the time with SCCA, NASA and a few other venues, that have the track all weekend, sometimes 3 days, yet they do break down fees per race.

Just asking.

Mark

"Is there any chance that you can sign up for one day instead of the full weekend? I have a conflict that weekend and cant make both days" Mark Kibort

Mark, is there any chance that SCRAMP would allow PCA to only pay X dollars for one day and then X less your fee for the other two days since you can't drive there?

Not likely and even less likely that PCA CR will be splitting the registration into daily charges.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

It would be fun to be a part of RRIV, but as Steward B said, track time is very limited at RRs.

I'm torn as to whether or not to go since Daytona is a couple of weeks prior, with lots of track time. And rumors abound that this is the last Daytona PCA CR. Plus it's twice the transport cost for Laguna over Daytona.

But it sounds like a great opportunity for the left coast racers.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Mark

Most PCA weekends have Sunday's enduro as an add on fee, so you can in effect buy just Saturday. But as Steward B said, the Rennsport Reunion schedules are very different from the typical club race weekend.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:33 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
It would be fun to be a part of RRIV, but as Steward B said, track time is very limited at RRs.

I'm torn as to whether or not to go since Daytona is a couple of weeks prior, with lots of track time. And rumors abound that this is the last Daytona PCA CR. Plus it's twice the transport cost for Laguna over Daytona.

But it sounds like a great opportunity for the left coast racers.
Mkie if you've never driven Laguna......
Old 05-18-2011, 03:38 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 120 Likes on 84 Posts

I just wish this wasn't so close on the tail of Petit Le Mans...

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race at Rennsport At Laguna....