Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ +1000
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by George from MD
Well if you like the Summit Point chili try it with one of their bratwursts.
it helps you to go fast so you can outrun the smell
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cantlers has been famous for years.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Yup. There was also a place we used to go to in old Baltimore years ago when I lived in DC, for th elife of me I can't remember the name of it, but it was seedy but the food was fantastic.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
West coast does have great chow. Texas has great chow. Chicago has great chow. New York and up into New England pretty damn edible. What's up with the Washington DC area and points further south? Richmond blows for food and North Carolina, with the exception of Asheville... is about as average as you'll find.

Name one freaking outstanding crab place in Maryland compadre.

The "DC Area" can't be summed up with one grade. Baltimore, Annapolis, Bethesda ... all good eating towns. DC itself has typical "city" restaurants, but not much of its own identity. South of DC is a bit of a foodie wasteland.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys this is the racing and DE forum, 6 speed online is two doors down on the left.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default You're forgetting the most important aspect of any proven driver muchacho!

Originally Posted by kurt M
Guys this is the racing and DE forum, 6 speed online is two doors down on the left.
And that's his physical well being and THAT hombre... is fueled by decent FOOD.

Loosen your freaking bullets. We're all learning something here.

Last edited by Frank Bullitt; 05-17-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default The District has it's spots without a doubt!

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
The "DC Area" can't be summed up with one grade. Baltimore, Annapolis, Bethesda ... all good eating towns. DC itself has typical "city" restaurants, but not much of its own identity. South of DC is a bit of a foodie wasteland.
Love that Annapolis. Small but it has it going on.

Holy Scheissballs you are so spot on about southern Virginia. They don'y even have decent chains. Richmond is a freaking wasteland but I do enjoy a brew or two @ Legend when I'm in town.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Vielen dank hombre!

Originally Posted by Werkstatt
Jimmy Cantler's outside Annapolis.
http://www.cantlers.com/images/cantlers_address.jpg
Have heard of this place quite often over the last 20 years. Will make a point to go check it out. Was so delighted to be slamming down Goose Island IPAs for $2.50 / pint @ Rams Head Tavern... we simply were "frozen" there during my Annapolis time!

Dang... that Cantler's menu looks freaking awesome!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
And that's his physical well being and THAT hombre... is fueled by decent FOOD.

Loosen your freaking bullets. We're all learning something here.

That there was a joke son. After lunch and mid afternoon tea you want to talk about some of aspects of the track and droving it with the locals? I am a right coast guy but I want to drive LS some day. Hmm....discuss the corkscrew or which local eatery pulls corks with the right one?

The inn at little washington is not to bad.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 AM
David in VA
Instructor

Richmond is a freaking wasteland but I do enjoy a brew or two @ Legend when I'm in town.
Next time you find yourself in Richmond contact me. I will make some recommendations that will change your mind.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Good to know a Redneck or two herabouts has a sense of homor hombre!

That there was a joke son. After lunch and mid afternoon tea you want to talk about some of aspects of the track and droving it with the locals? I am a right coast guy but I want to drive LS some day. Hmm....discuss the corkscrew or which local eatery pulls corks with the right one?

The inn at little washington is not to bad.
Well said as taking these little driving safaris... one has to be prepared. Maybe just packing it all with works and setting up in some grassy infield British Empire-style is the way to go?

Have only driven a few tracks in The East. Turns out this is a big freaking country and it gets even BIGGER if you're towing something somewhere across thousands of miles. Would love to tackle Limerock and Watkins Glen... just like you'd get all misty hitting Laguna Seca or maybe even Sears Point.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default That's going to be a tall order dude!

Originally Posted by David in VA
Next time you find yourself in Richmond contact me. I will make some recommendations that will change your mind.
Have scoped out more than a few places in your hood. Did find a Texas BBQ spot just north of downtown called... The Alamo. Kid there does a pretty good job with his beef brisket. If you order by the pound make sure you tell them to NOT throw their sauce, onions, and jalapenos on top, as that's what will happen. Funky little stucco building where you talk to them through a tiny little window. Weird, but good chow.

Will shout at 'cha.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Can't wrap my head around towing cross country. Been across in cars and on bikes a few times but lugging the car along sounds like work. I might be inclined to save the lunch money and pay for arive and drive.

Required content. YMMV. T3 is faster than it might look but goes slick in the wet well before the rest of the track. Racers wreck in T4, DE drovers step out hook and roll in T9. There is a little dip right at the apex of T9 and you gotta feel it to be right. T10 is almost flat out if you use the entire and then some track.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Driving cross country towing IS a pain amigo!

Can't wrap my head around towing cross country. Been across in cars and on bikes a few times but lugging the car along sounds like work. I might be inclined to save the lunch money and pay for arive and drive.

Required content. YMMV. T3 is faster than it might look but goes slick in the wet well before the rest of the track. Racers wreck in T4, DE drovers step out hook and roll in T9. There is a little dip right at the apex of T9 and you gotta feel it to be right. T10 is almost flat out if you use the entire and then some track.
Did it to Road Atlanta a million years ago. Fortunately only from Texas... but THAT is still a trek. Then you worry about your rig outside the hotel at night.

Main thing I'm going to try to avoid after hitting the West Virginia border is not humming that retarded John Denver tune. Word on the street is EVERYONE does eventually!

Appreciate the tips.

Quick Reply: What's the word on Summit Point?