Sponsored by:

Mid Ohio PCA race?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
If it were only that easy. Typically, the tracks tell you when you get to hold an event, not the other way around...
Originally Posted by mcongleton
Frank

The Mid Ohio event is fantastic, I always look forward to running there with support from Wright Motorsports. Last year the racing was very good for all classes, I for one had a long fight in GT-3R during the enduro. It was one of the closest, hardest fought races I had last year. Mid Ohio rocks!

I don't know if this has filtered down to you but there are many drivers would would like to omit the chicane prior to the keyhole. I know last year in the enduro it was removed from the layout, it would be great to see that happen again this year.

Thanks Fred, you run a great event, I do hope we have a late surge in registration.

Mark Congleton
Mark as you know the track configuration during the race is ultimately up to the chief Steward, what I can tell you is that it is being considered again this year and we did get several people comment they enjoyed the change up. From the DE stand point we are planning on pro course one day( no chicane) and one day Club Course. look to see you then.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Mark,
Outstanding idea however National makes that call.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:51 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Frank and Gregg for the clarification, hope to see you guys at the track!

Mark
Old 04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Frank

If I have a car and you have the need for volunteers to give rides, I'd be more than happy to oblige.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

""""""" I F """""""
Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Vlocity
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys,

Interesting diagnosis on the dates.

Question. We are at Mid Ohio for a DE only the weekend of August 19-21. IF we could swap weekends next year and have a DE in May and then the Race in August, what would be on the schedule that we would conflict with?

We're maintaining a positive attitude and still believe that there will be adequate numbers in order for us to have a viable event. If you are on the fence, please sign up.

Regards,

Ken
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

+100
Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vlocity
IF we could swap weekends next year and have a DE in May and then the Race in (late) August, what would be on the schedule that we would conflict with?
Road America. But keep thinking that way... there has to be a good solution...
Old 04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys,

Question. We are at Mid Ohio for a DE only the weekend of August 19-21. IF we could swap weekends next year and have a DE in May and then the Race in August, what would be on the schedule that we would conflict with?

We're maintaining a positive attitude and still believe that there will be adequate numbers in order for us to have a viable event. If you are on the fence, please sign up.

Regards,

Ken
Works for me in the DC area but there is a race at NJMP August 26-28, so the NE guys will have most likely have to make a choice between the two.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Now you're talking. Yes there is a race at NJMP the following week, but if you make the Mid-O event a BIG event (longer sprints? proper qualifying? dusk/night race?) you'll get some NE representation i am pretty sure (i can see NE guys going there instead of Road America... closer and not on Labor day WE). Mid-O is a perfect arena for a BIG event. Also, the weather must be better in August than it is in May....

Guys,

Regards,

Ken
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I'll be there...trying to drag a few more people down with me....
Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

signing up now
Old 05-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

As far as the overall PCA schedule goes, I think some sort of "trade" with VIR for a June date would be really great. But I realize that may not be very realistic.

As far as switching with the MORPCA DE weekend in August... again I think it's too close to Road America (no different than being too close to Watkins Glen). However, it might be good if MORPCA could get an earlier August date to trade with. But then we have to be careful to not get too close to Putnam in mid-July.

It's an unfortunate situation... but any race East of the Mississippi that is scheduled only 2 weeks before Watkins Glen is going to suffer badly...
Old 05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chipster and I will be in garage 9 if anyone needs anything or stop by and say hello or get out of the rain...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking fwd to the race too. I will be in garage #17. so stop by...

Hey Greg, see you there....

Btw - I really liked running to pro course too...

Norm

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio PCA race?