Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

More thoughts? Suggestions...
Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 PM
xupkid2
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer on the turnout so far but looks like G class will still have a decent showing. Looking forward to the weekend
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 610 Likes on 315 Posts

I think the date certainly hurts it. Look through the registrations and see where everyone is coming from. My bet is the Midwest, where LRP and WG are not as much on the radar....

Most people can do LRP and WG being a month apart...OR you can do MO. But it's unlikely someone will do LRP and MO, or MO and WG.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
I think the date certainly hurts it... it's unlikely someone will do LRP and MO, or MO and WG.
Yes exactly.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

ditto here... would love to do Mid Ohio, but racing two weeks in a row is not gunna happen for most of us family folks and working stiffs (and there's no way I'm going to miss WGI).
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I have a schedule conflict this year but would otherwise not miss it. I've always thought a Fall date would be good but then it would compete with Daytona and Summit. What about June? Everyone says VIR is so hot in the summer, MO wouldn't be as bad, maybe they could trade dates?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris M.
What about June? Everyone says VIR is so hot in the summer, MO wouldn't be as bad, maybe they could trade dates?
Great idea Buddy!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 610 Likes on 315 Posts

If it were only that easy. Typically, the tracks tell you when you get to hold an event, not the other way around...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 AM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I was hopeful, but I cant make it this year. Also, since it is not a 944 cup points race (dont know why) almost no cup cars are showing. Love the track, hope to get back next year.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:01 AM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess I'm one of the few signed up for both Mid-Ohio & Watkins Glen. I live a hour north of Mid-Ohio, this helps to keep the cost down!

JF
Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 AM
cooz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another vote for later in the season (June -August)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Maybe with new management, the Mid-Ohio Region PCA can get a different date. You'd think with all the track days PCA regions use Mid-Ohio, they might try to work with PCA for a different date...
Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Mid Ohio 70, Watkins Glen 232
Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Registration is picking up and will continue to pick up as we get closer and as soon as the weather forecast is out. Right now its looking like we are finally heading to a dry patch. If you are coming we are throwing several extras your way to make this an event to talk about when you get home.

1. we are incorporating a DE again like we have done for the past two years, however we will revert to a full DE schedule on Friday which the racers tell us they like, since it gives them a bit more time between practice sessions.
2. We have retained Former F1 sensation, now driving coach Tommy Byrne, from the Mid-Ohio School to provide two days of instruction related to driving the line at Mid-Ohio. If you have not driven the track or do not feel you are an expert, this would be a good opportunity to improve at this track. There will also be a number of in-car cameras available to use for the purpose of post session analysis by our region's top instructors.
3. We have arranged for a 75.00 discount to the Mid-Ohio school Teen driving program Saturday and Sunday with Mid-Ohio, so bring the family. Mid-Ohio is also providing a test and tune Friday night for a discounted rate of 150.00 if you want even more practice.
4. In addition, Mid Ohio Region is Honoring our Nation's veterans by holding an On-track session as part of the Wounded Warriors program. We will be giving rides to these injured Vets as a way to thank them for their service. We plan to have a color guard and are trying for a military fly-over right after the national anthem! (any volunteers, John H maybe?)

Registration is open but limited space is available. This is a full 3 day
race weekend with race practice sessions on Friday, sprints on Saturday and
90 min Enduros Sunday.

We have sponsors putting up the money for some food and beverage Thursday and Friday nights ( who does not like Free food and beverages?)

Originally Posted by naroescape
If it were only that easy. Typically, the tracks tell you when you get to hold an event, not the other way around...
As to the Glenn Race! we were here first, however it is really a matter of fitting into the PCA schedule We likely could wiggle a different date if we could make a change that would make a difference. It is on our radar however.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:25 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank

The Mid Ohio event is fantastic, I always look forward to running there with support from Wright Motorsports. Last year the racing was very good for all classes, I for one had a long fight in GT-3R during the enduro. It was one of the closest, hardest fought races I had last year. Mid Ohio rocks!

I don't know if this has filtered down to you but there are many drivers would would like to omit the chicane prior to the keyhole. I know last year in the enduro it was removed from the layout, it would be great to see that happen again this year.

Thanks Fred, you run a great event, I do hope we have a late surge in registration.

Mark Congleton

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio PCA race?